The Spoony One has been ejected from That Guy With the Glasses.

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
likalaruku said:
This is awful. He's like essential to the annuals, though I already visit his site. I hope he still does Insano cameos. I wonder if he's STILL going through his long term depression.

Goggles, Lordkat, Bharghav, & Distressed Watcher left too.

Goggles left because she went to college, I think. Lordkat left because he's a primadona, and DW got kicked for.. something.

Who is Barghay?

FireFighter214

Jan 25, 2010
Wow. I tried reading this entire post from start to finish. I had to stop about page 17. Frankly the whole situation makes me sad. I feel like I looked into a window and saw something that I had no business seeing. I really think there is more known about Noah Antwiller's personal life by more people than every should be. I'm really sad to learn there is some pretty severe in fighting at tgwtg.com between some of its video producers. After this, I feel like some of the fun has been sucked out of watching the videos on the site. I'm going to try to watch and enjoy the future projects created by all these people, but I think that until everyone involved doesn't find some way to resolve the bitterness that's been conceived by all this, it's going to hang over everyone like a dark storm cloud, and I'm not going to be able to enjoy their content in the same way.

random281

Mar 10, 2012
Khazoth said:
I coulda swore he was in recent videos, any particular reason why he quit?
"To pursue his own interests" was the official reason. Found a higher paying job would be my guess, but I'm not entirely sure.

Micromyni

Jan 26, 2012
...I just binged this entire thread. It took me four hours and a shit-ton of snacks. Before I went in, I knew I would be continuing to watch my favorite viewers no matter what; my behavior will not change. The only feeling I'm left with is a profound sense of sadness and an unsettling feeling that my belt is trying to cut me in two. It feels like my parents are fighting or something while I'm stuck in bed with an upset stomach.

I feel for everyone involved and I hope now with a secure diagnosis Spoony can start recovering. It's not like they needs it, but I forgive him and Lupa. They are human too, and I've never been one to hold a grudge and hold the firm opinion that a good, sincere apology would fix nearly everything. Maybe naive, maybe overly optimistic, but there's enough cynicism in this thread to choke Yahtzee.

Captcha: "Knock on wood." You said it, Captcha.

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
Micromyni said:
...I just binged this entire thread. It took me four hours and a shit-ton of snacks. Before I went in, I knew I would be continuing to watch my favorite viewers no matter what; my behavior will not change. The only feeling I'm left with is a profound sense of sadness and an unsettling feeling that my belt is trying to cut me in two. It feels like my parents are fighting or something while I'm stuck in bed with an upset stomach.

I feel for everyone involved and I hope now with a secure diagnosis Spoony can start recovering. It's not like they needs it, but I forgive him and Lupa. They are human too, and I've never been one to hold a grudge and hold the firm opinion that a good, sincere apology would fix nearly everything. Maybe naive, maybe overly optimistic, but there's enough cynicism in this thread to choke Yahtzee.

Captcha: "Knock on wood." You said it, Captcha.

They'd both need to apologise, and mean it, and Lupa still thinks she did nothing wrong.

Ilja Lyubimov

Oct 15, 2011
zefiris said:
As expected of the escapist.

A guy that stalks a woman for a year is a-ok.
The woman is blamed for causing him pain when she flirts with people not him 1 year after the break-up. After all, women need to be 100% chaste after they break up with a guy, even one year later.
And other women who don't like rape jokes and dislike stalking ...are also evil, and just want attention/white knighting. But a guy stalking someone is totally fine!

Typical, really. Again, the escapist shows how deep it's stuck in the slimy echo-chamber of dudebro "culture".

LordKat can screw off, though. That was a jackassy thing to say. Thing is: The guy hates Spoony, he'd have used anything to attack him, mostly because Spoony was an idiot at a E3 and ruined LordKat's interview chance. That, dear LordKat, doesn't make oky what you said.

Hope he loses his show, just like Spoony should lose his :)
This was brought up already: rape is not always men raping women. Men are being raped too. So you are actually the one bringing genders into it. Not to say, the one person the joke was about was and is a-ok with it. Completely different person took offence in it, after a month, no less.

I am a huge fan of Spoony, and i admit he does act like an ass, and he does have a lot of faults. ALl i am saying is, other people, including Lupa (whom i always kinda disliked), could be more mature and reserved.

Also, i am sad to see Linkara being the good guy here. He seems like a major doofus to me.

Archer666

May 27, 2011
Dude needs to see a shrink, get his life in order, get a job and finally move out of his younger brother's basement. He's 30 years old and he's done absolutely nothing with his life. His girlfriend leaves him and he goes off the deep end for 1,5 years, insulting everyone who tries to help him and makes a pathetic vlog in which he recounts his ex while talking about a movie and drinking himself stupid. Then he spouts off crap about raping a girl, completely blows his shit on twitter and acts like a baby when it comes to bite him in the ass.

Meanwhile his echo chamber harasses the person who calls Spoony out on his creepy bullshit.

I like Noah's stuff, but at this point he's becoming a creepy asshole. Or he's always been a creepy asshole and its now starting to shine through. He needs to get a grip, just like everyone has been telling him to do!

Skipper zammo

Oct 11, 2011
Archer666 said:
Dude needs to see a shrink, get his life in order, get a job and finally move out of his younger brother's basement. He's 30 years old and he's done absolutely nothing with his life.
99% of people in the world do nothing with their lives.

Spoony has created hours of entertaining material that thousands of people have seen. That's a hell of a lot more then I've done and probably a lot more then you have.

Archer666

May 27, 2011
Skipper zammo said:
Archer666 said:
Dude needs to see a shrink, get his life in order, get a job and finally move out of his younger brother's basement. He's 30 years old and he's done absolutely nothing with his life.
99% of people in the world do nothing with their lives.

Spoony has created hours of entertaining material that thousands of people have seen. That's a hell of a lot more then I've done and probably a lot more then you have.
People work, people have an income to support themselves, people have their own home. They're doing something with their lives. Acquiring contacts, polishing their skills, moving forward in life. Sure he makes funny things, but no way in hell is that enough to support himself. This is what I mean when I say he's doing nothing with his life.

Dude's been unemployed for a long time now, he tweeted that his only social contacts are digital ones. He's using his vids to make some money but how long do you think this will last? Once his popularity dies down or he becomes too old for this, he'll have to get a job. And (so far) a 5 year gap in his resume won't work in his favors.

TheGreekGeekPrick

Oct 29, 2011
Archer666 said:
Dude's been unemployed for a long time now, he tweeted that his only social contacts are digital ones. He's using his vids to make some money but how long do you think this will last? Once his popularity dies down or he becomes too old for this, he'll have to get a job. And (so far) a 5 year gap in his resume won't work in his favors.
What "5-year-gap"?? What do you think his site and his videos are? They don't go into his portfolio? Every entertainer of every flavor works like that. What kind of myopic technocratic mindset is this?

Archer666

May 27, 2011
TheGreekGeekPrick said:
Archer666 said:
What "5-year-gap"?? What do you think his site and his videos are? They don't go into his portfolio? Every entertainer of every flavor works like that. What kind of myopic technocratic mindset is this?
Assuming he's able to get into the entertainment business. Assuming that his employers don't google his name and find the recent clusterfuck or his Breaking Dawn review where he drunkenly tells the entire world about his ex. Assuming he's actually doing anything to get into the business instead of just sitting on his ass and making videos hoping that someone will contact HIM to offer him a job. And if he's actually working towards that, then I hope he succeeds. But I haven't seen any evidence of that.

Dude's got a Computer Science degree. I'm just saying that if he actually wants to use that, he'll have a hard time landing a job that isn't help desk. If only he'd have looked for a job in 2008 and made his video's in the weekend or evening or whatever, he'd be in a much better position than he's in now.

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
Spoony has been spotted in the 4th year anniversary TGWTG video...

either that was all shot before this happened - or he was never really booted out?

Skipper zammo

Oct 11, 2011
webkilla said:
Spoony has been spotted in the 4th year anniversary TGWTG video...

either that was all shot before this happened - or he was never really booted out?
It was filmed before everything happened.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
Micromyni said:
It feels like my parents are fighting or something while I'm stuck in bed with an upset stomach.
I--wow. Well said, Micromyni. Thank you.

Ilja Lyubimov said:
zefiris said:
And other women who don't like rape jokes and dislike stalking...are also evil, and just want attention/white knighting.
This was brought up already: rape is not always men raping women. Men are being raped too. So you are actually the one bringing genders into it.
What? Nothing zefiris said even implies that only women get raped. All zefiris said is that Escapist forumites are calling women who dislike rape jokes evil...and that's an accurate assessment of the situation. That is a thing that is happening.

Archer666 said:
Assuming he's able to get into the entertainment business.
Whether he succeeds or not, his name is on IMDB.com with a list of of the shows he's been doing for the past half a decade or so. There is documentation he's been in this generation's equivalent of television.

Archer666 said:
Assuming he's actually doing anything to get into the business instead of just sitting on his ass and making videos hoping that someone will contact HIM to offer him a job.
He's credited as doing some voice work in an upcoming Robot Chicken special, so that's a piece of work he's legitimately getting paid to act in. Is that better?

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
webkilla said:
Either that was all shot before this happened - or he was never really booted out?
Mr. Walker mentioned, I don't know, at least a month ago in one of his videos that filming for the anniversary special was over and he'd be spending a long time editing the footage together, which he brought up to explain why he'd only be doing his weekly Nostalgia Critic videos and one or two Bum Reviews until the work was done.

Hm. Actually, I just got off my butt to find the video, and here it is. [http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/video-updates/34884-update-on-dougs-videos] It was posted April the twelfth. That's two and a half months. My bad.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
JimB said:
mizi said:
renaissance_nerd said:
http://www.twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/217837036017692672
Thank you Spoony, that was the most awesome thing I've seen in days.
Um...Maybe I'm being too literal here, but "I wonder if peace can be made" does not mean the same thing as "I want to make peace." It doesn't even imply that. If anything, I'd take from the passive nature of the statement--the way he talks about peace being made without ever even alluding to his own participation in the process--that he thinks it's hopeless to even try.
Just so we're clear, the one waving the white flag is the one asking for peace.