The Spoony One has been ejected from That Guy With the Glasses.

MrMan999

Oct 25, 2011
Jegsimmons said:
infinity_turtles said:
Jegsimmons said:
https://twitter.com/Karkitty612/status/215979320424939520

When i see shit like this, i start thinking spoony may not be the actual start of the problem.
It almost seems that people on TGWTG wanted him gone for a while.

And i dont care what someone says.....you dont fucking say that shit in that tweet, that is some cold evil speech right there.

i hope sage, linkara, joe and brad leave CA and join spoony, cool guys like that dont need to be associated with assholes.

kinda wish the Walkers would just lay down some law, but i think they're under contract or something.
You're right, people shouldn't say shit like that, but there were a lot of people egging everyone, including many not involved, on. Lupa, Phelous, Nash and JO have gotten people screwing with them too.
Nash and JO dont deserve it though. Lupa and Phelous should apologize. and lordkat already apologized, but i thought lord kat wasnt even associated with TGWTG anymore.

damn, i hope the walkers enjoy that vacation, because it isnt going to be an easy return. And the Walkers are usually chill about stuff.
I actually feel bad for them.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
Jegsimmons said:
infinity_turtles said:
Jegsimmons said:

When i see shit like this, i start thinking spoony may not be the actual start of the problem.

And i dont care what someone says.....you dont fucking say that shit in that tweet, that is some cold evil speech right there.

i hope sage, linkara, joe and brad leave CA and join spoony, cool guys like that dont need to be associated with assholes.

kinda wish the Walkers would just lay down some law, but i think they're under contract or something.
You're right, people shouldn't say shit like that, but there were a lot of people egging everyone, including many not involved, on. Lupa, Phelous, Nash and JO have gotten people screwing with them too.
Nash and JO dont deserve it though. Lupa and Phelous should apologize. and lordkat already apologized, but i thought lord kat wasnt even associated with TGWTG anymore.

damn, i hope the walkers enjoy that vacation, because it isnt going to be an easy return. And the Walkers are usually chill about stuff.

no LordKat apologized to his community, for pissing them off. he even went out of his way to point out hes not apologizing for telling Noah to kill himself. (yet)

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
renaissance_nerd said:
See? Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
Damned if he does or doesn't what? What did he do with that Tweet? Is there some context to it that would clarify its intent?

renaissance_nerd said:
Most would consider this an olive branch, but I see the Pro TGWTG among us takes it as another half hearted BS attempt.
Two things, renaissance nerd.

First, don't claim what most people would do without some actual proof other than, what was it, two people in this thread? saying what a nice sentiment that was. It comes off as a deliberate, manipulative, slimy attempt to steal credibility for your position by claiming the majority supports you; especially when you divide things into some false "Spoony vs. That Guy" antagonism. It makes me feel like you're trying to scare me with the threat of outnumbering me.

Second, his Tweet is only a BS attempt if its intent is to make us think he wants peace when he doesn't. I, at least, don't infer from his Tweet that he's intending to deceive anyone. It's possible that he is, but I have absolutely no reason to think so. As best I can tell, he's just musing morosely, and people who are eager to get the choir to say amen are propping it up as the opening of diplomatic relations.

If he makes another Tweet to clarify his position, by all means, share it with us. Like I said earlier, I do tend to take things pretty literally; more literally than people often intend them, if I'm going to be honest about it. I want to believe that Mr. Antwiler has come to regret the way things ended and is achieving a more rational frame of mind--I want, in short, to believe he's getting well--but that one Tweet offers me nothing to suggest it.

infinity_turtles

Apr 17, 2010
Jegsimmons said:

He isn't associated with them as a business anymore, but he has a lot of friends there, and he has a lot of bad blood with Spoony, probably more then anyone but maybe Lupa among ThatGuy or previous ThatGuy people, so his fans pestered him about it until' he started talking about it which led to outbursts on his part. Also, LordKaT did not apologize for anything he said to Spoony, he apologized for going after his fans when they didn't agree with him.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
JimB said:
renaissance_nerd said:
See? Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
Damned if he does or doesn't what? What did he do with that Tweet? Is there some context to it that would clarify its intent?

renaissance_nerd said:
Most would consider this an olive branch, but I see the Pro TGWTG among us takes it as another half hearted BS attempt.
Two things, renaissance nerd.

First, don't claim what most people would do without some actual proof other than, what was it, two people in this thread? saying what a nice sentiment that was. It comes off as a deliberate, manipulative, slimy attempt to steal credibility for your position by claiming the majority supports you; especially when you divide things into some false "Spoony vs. That Guy" antagonism. It makes me feel like you're trying to scare me with the threat of outnumbering me.

Second, his Tweet is only a BS attempt if its intent is to make us think he wants peace when he doesn't. I, at least, don't infer from his Tweet that he's intending to deceive anyone. It's possible that he is, but I have absolutely no reason to think so. As best I can tell, he's just musing morosely, and people who are eager to get the choir to say amen are propping it up as the opening of diplomatic relations.

If he makes another Tweet to clarify his position, by all means, share it with us. Like I said earlier, I do tend to take things pretty literally; more literally than people often intend them, if I'm going to be honest about it. I want to believe that Mr. Antwiler has come to regret the way things ended and is achieving a more rational frame of mind--I want, in short, to believe he's getting well--but that one Tweet offers me nothing to suggest it.

he was diagnosed being Bipolar II today, any diagnosis of a serious illness can change a persons outlook on alot of things.

I think you just refuse to cut him any slack.

It seems his disposition on the subject has improved alot
http://www.twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/217846115867955200

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
MrMan999 said:
Jegsimmons said:
infinity_turtles said:
Jegsimmons said:

I actually feel bad for them.
Honeymoon, ive been corrected. But yeah, Doug and Rob are usually level headed and have common sense.

I cant say for sure, but when they get back, there may be some serious reforms and lay-offs with the higher ups. I dont think the walkers actually run the show, but they are in a position to actually call the shots with ease. unless they are under contract. in which case. TGWTG may just turn into a civil damn war between at least two factions. I remember when Distressed watcher left, a higher up actually got fired for defending him ( but unfortunately no one like TJ and his fan base was on youtube as the amazing athiest) but there was a small shitstorm.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
infinity_turtles said:
Jegsimmons said:

He isn't associated with them as a business anymore, but he has a lot of friends there, and he has a lot of bad blood with Spoony, probably more then anyone but maybe Lupa among ThatGuy or previous ThatGuy people, so his fans pestered him about it until' he started talking about it which led to outbursts on his part. Also, LordKaT did not apologize for anything he said to Spoony, he apologized for going after his fans when they didn't agree with him.
renaissance_nerd said:
Jegsimmons said:
infinity_turtles said:
Jegsimmons said:

no LordKat apologized to his community, for pissing them off. he even went out of his way to point out hes not apologizing for telling Noah to kill himself. (yet)

wow....what a douchebag that lordkat is...glad i never even watched his vids.

soon James Rolf and red letter media will end up being dragged into this in inexplicitable ways.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
Jegsimmons said:
infinity_turtles said:
Jegsimmons said:

renaissance_nerd said:
Jegsimmons said:
infinity_turtles said:
Jegsimmons said:

wow....what a douchebag that lordkat is...glad i never even watched his vids.

soon James Rolf and red letter media will end up being dragged into this in inexplicitable ways.
I hope not James doesn't deserve any of this

infinity_turtles

Apr 17, 2010
renaissance_nerd said:
he was diagnosed being Bipolar II today, any diagnosis of a serious illness can change a persons outlook on alot of things.

I don't think this is a slack issue. It's an interpretation of words issue.

You're reading it as something closer to "Hey guys can we make up?" where as he's reading it as "Wow, things have really screwed up. I don't know if something this broken can be fixed". Neither statement makes him look any better or worse. One is just him being hopeful and the other is him being a bit more depressed about everything that's happened. Slack isn't involved in that.

lSHaDoW-FoXl

Jul 17, 2008
I remember a long time ago back when this conversation was just eight pages long. And now that we're up to thirty, I figured I'd throw in my two cents. I'm going to point out everything that went wrong in its chronological order then I'm going to say my piece on each of them.

First of all, Spoony's joke was completely in poor taste. It wasn't funny and I felt a tad creeped out from just reading it. The thing is though, humor is supposed to be risque, it's supposed to be a thin line. If your humor is going to be inoffensive and chastised than that's absolutely nothing to be proud of unless you're Bill.

Secondly, Jesuotaku didn't seem offended by it. And if she wasn't offended by it than Lupa didn't have a single reason to get up on her high horse and condemn spoony for it. The joke sucked, but if it's a month old and the person he told it too wasn't offended than she's literally asking for trouble. Here's the thing: Once upon a time my step father called my attention to something. It was relatively minor, but I listened and the situation was resolved. It wasn't a problem and I could just go to my room. My mother then decided to do exactly what Allison did. She climbed up on her white horse and start defending me when I didn't ask to be defended and went on this meaningless crusade when the situation had already been resolved. The result was fighting and humiliation for my part, because apparently I couldn't think for my self

If Allison were to do to me what she had done to Spoony I would say absolutely nothing less than 'Fuck you and the horse you rode in on'. She was the spark that lit the fire and it's nothing less than pathetic on how she uses feminism to shield her from any criticism. If you try to argue against her, you're sexist. And you know what's funny? That sounds exactly like what those far right wing conservatives say or those insane religious people. I don't assume all conservative are far right wing or all religious people are insane, but I'm pointing out the ones in particular who are. They try to discredit you by saying that you're a brainwashed liberal or that you're a heathen.

Pathetic.

With all that said though, I'm not completely on spoony's side. Because how I 'would have acted' years ago is quite different from how I'd act today. And if it was my job, I certainly wouldn't do what he did. Spoony went on a rampage, and I truly don't believe 'he has depression' is a good defense. It's no less of a free pass than Allisons 'Spoony is misogynist' BS. Allison cannot be blamed on how Spoony handled the situation. And to put it simply, he handled it terribly. Anything on Spoony being a misogynist or Allison having some great agenda to get him fired is pure speculation and neither hold any credibility what so ever. In fact, they're just rumors and we should be ashamed that we're not past that. Let your imagination conjure whatever you wish, but don't be immature enough to share it and potentially something that's not even true - it's not going to make the situation better.

They're both wrong. If I were to hate Lupa based on what she did then I'd have to hate my own mother. Where as if I were to hate Spoony for what he did I'd have to hate my self. I don't want to judge them based around this one fuck up, but instead realize that they fucked up and consider how I'd wish to be treated if I were to fuck up my self. A lot of people go on about Spoony being ego centric. Who knows, not me. But if he is I just hope he gets out of it along with any problems he may be facing. I'll still watch their videos and I won't see them any differently than the way I've seen them before. Because lets not forget, they're people. And at times, people can be fucking stupid.

Now on about this 'Holly is conspiring against Spoony bull shit'

Speculation, not credible. Some of these people make videos for a living - it's literally their job - so I can understand her decision to kick spoony off after what he did. When your business is based around the image of the producers of course you you can't have them up there. If everyone plays their cards right then this'll just blow over eventually and they'll be greeting Spoony with open arms.

Another condemnation I have is how immature some of the people were acting over this. Ironically, Jesu said it best when she equated everyone to a bunch of high school students and pleaded for some professionalism. If you take making videos seriously as your job, than it damn well should be.

And finally, lets talk about Lordkat. To be honest, I don't care whether spoony has depression and I don't believe that it's worse to insult someone with depression. But here's the thing, it's WRONG to wish someone to die like that, period. Spoony told a joke in poor taste, person he told it too didn't give a fuck. Lordkat however literally wished someone to die after the person lost their job and freaked the fuck out. Dude, what is wrong with you? And you know what's most ironic? It's how he condemns spoony when he's literally doing something that's in far greater poor taste, far more immature, and just horrible all around.

Spoony may have lost his job for what he had done, and he may have deserved it. But at least he never got banned from the escapist because he wished someone to die (What's with you and people dying, Lordkat?) over something stupid like Madden.

So there's my two cents. I can look past what both Spoony and Allison did and I wish the best for the both of them. But Lordkat, the dude needs to chill out and smoke some weed.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
infinity_turtles said:
renaissance_nerd said:

You're reading it as something closer to "Hey guys can we make up?" where as he's reading it as "Wow, things have really screwed up. I don't know if something this broken can be fixed". Neither statement makes him look any better or worse. One is just him being hopeful and the other is him being a bit more depressed about everything that's happened. Slack isn't involved in that.
I am taking it as something, a start, an admission that maybe he wasn't exactly as right as he thought he was.

not "let's be friends again"

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
"one thing I am not, is a *killer*. I am an artist. I *love* a good party. So, truce. Commence au festival!" - Batman 1989

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/specials/35731-to-boldly-flee-the-tgwtgcom-4th-year-anniversary-teaser

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
renaissance_nerd said:
infinity_turtles said:
renaissance_nerd said:

I am taking it as something, a start, an admission that maybe he wasn't exactly as right as he thought he was.

not "let's be friends again"
As someone who lives with a bipolar person....a mix of stress, bipolar disorder, and depression can fuck someone up mentally.
I not defending spoony's actions, but i will defend spoony himself.

Nov 28, 2007
lSHaDoW-FoXl said:
With all that said though, I'm not completely on spoony's side. Because how I 'would have acted' years ago is quite different from how I'd act today. And if it was my job, I certainly wouldn't do what he did. Spoony went on a rampage, and I truly don't believe 'he has depression' is a good defense. It's no less of a free pass than Allisons 'Spoony is misogynist' BS.
Does being diagnosed as having Bipolar II count as a defense?

https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/217716012542468098

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
renaissance_nerd said:
You know what has me tearing my hair out in frustration right now, renaissance_nerd? It's that you're so committed to this idea you have that he (and therefore those who support him, like you) is a victim that you see anything said about him to be some kind of attack unless it's one hundred percent in his favor. Case in point, your idea that he somehow needs slack from me on this. He doesn't. This is not a matter of innocence vs. guilt, where he needs to be assigned one or the other by how merciful I feel today.

All I'm saying about that last Tweet--the only thing I'm saying--is the way the English language works, the words he used do not mean what you think they mean. It is entirely possible that he intended them the way you interpret them, but it is equally possible that he intended them to mean any of several other things. For instance, I wonder if peace can be made between myself and my first girlfriend, but that doesn't mean I want the abusive ***** within a hundred yards of me.

That is why I would really like some clarification, if any is to be had, as to exactly what he meant by that Tweet. I know Twitter is probably the single worst format in the known universe for conveying depth and nuance of meaning, so maybe it's hopeless, but all the same, if he meant something other than what he literally said, I would genuinely appreciate learning about it.

renaissance_nerd said:
It seems his disposition on the subject has improved a lot: http://www.twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/217846115867955200
Yeah, it does. Poor guy. I'm totally making stuff up here, but I trust my intuition, so I don't mind guessing that he's kind of coming back from a mood swing and replaying the last few days with a new perspective that consists mostly of a dawning sense of horror.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
renaissance_nerd said:
It seems his disposition on the subject has improved a lot: http://www.twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/217846115867955200
Yeah, it does. Poor guy. I'm totally making stuff up here, but I trust my intuition, so I don't mind guessing that he's kind of coming back from a mood swing and replaying the last few days with a new perspective that consists mostly of a dawning sense of horror.
its called coming down from a hypomanic episode, let me google that for you
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Hypomania

JoeThree

May 8, 2010
lSHaDoW-FoXl said:
I remember a long time ago back when this conversation was just eight pages long. And now that we're up to thirty, I figured I'd throw in my two cents. I'm going to point out everything that went wrong in its chronological order then I'm going to say my piece on each of them.

First of all, Spoony's joke was completely in poor taste. It wasn't funny and I felt a tad creeped out from just reading it. The thing is though, humor is supposed to be risque, it's supposed to be a thin line. If your humor is going to be inoffensive and chastised than that's absolutely nothing to be proud of unless you're Bill.

Secondly, Jesuotaku didn't seem offended by it. And if she wasn't offended by it than Lupa didn't have a single reason to get up on her high horse and condemn spoony for it. The joke sucked, but if it's a month old and the person he told it too wasn't offended than she's literally asking for trouble. Here's the thing: Once upon a time my step father called my attention to something. It was relatively minor, but I listened and the situation was resolved. It wasn't a problem and I could just go to my room. My mother then decided to do exactly what Allison did. She climbed up on her white horse and start defending me when I didn't ask to be defended and went on this meaningless crusade when the situation had already been resolved. The result was fighting and humiliation for my part, because apparently I couldn't think for my self

If Allison were to do to me what she had done to Spoony I would say absolutely nothing less than 'Fuck you and the horse you rode in on'. She was the spark that lit the fire and it's nothing less than pathetic on how she uses feminism to shield her from any criticism. If you try to argue against her, you're sexist. And you know what's funny? That sounds exactly like what those far right wing conservatives say or those insane religious people. I don't assume all conservative are far right wing or all religious people are insane, but I'm pointing out the ones in particular who are. They try to discredit you by saying that you're a brainwashed liberal or that you're a heathen.

Pathetic.

With all that said though, I'm not completely on spoony's side. Because how I 'would have acted' years ago is quite different from how I'd act today. And if it was my job, I certainly wouldn't do what he did. Spoony went on a rampage, and I truly don't believe 'he has depression' is a good defense. It's no less of a free pass than Allisons 'Spoony is misogynist' BS. Allison cannot be blamed on how Spoony handled the situation. And to put it simply, he handled it terribly. Anything on Spoony being a misogynist or Allison having some great agenda to get him fired is pure speculation and neither hold any credibility what so ever. In fact, they're just rumors and we should be ashamed that we're not past that. Let your imagination conjure whatever you wish, but don't be immature enough to share it and potentially something that's not even true - it's not going to make the situation better.

They're both wrong. If I were to hate Lupa based on what she did then I'd have to hate my own mother. Where as if I were to hate Spoony for what he did I'd have to hate my self. I don't want to judge them based around this one fuck up, but instead realize that they fucked up and consider how I'd wish to be treated if I were to fuck up my self. A lot of people go on about Spoony being ego centric. Who knows, not me. But if he is I just hope he gets out of it along with any problems he may be facing. I'll still watch their videos and I won't see them any differently than the way I've seen them before. Because lets not forget, they're people. And at times, people can be fucking stupid.

Now on about this 'Holly is conspiring against Spoony bull shit'

Speculation, not credible. Some of these people make videos for a living - it's literally their job - so I can understand her decision to kick spoony off after what he did. When your business is based around the image of the producers of course you you can't have them up there. If everyone plays their cards right then this'll just blow over eventually and they'll be greeting Spoony with open arms.

Another condemnation I have is how immature some of the people were acting over this. Ironically, Jesu said it best when she equated everyone to a bunch of high school students and pleaded for some professionalism. If you take making videos seriously as your job, than it damn well should be.

And finally, lets talk about Lordkat. To be honest, I don't care whether spoony has depression and I don't believe that it's worse to insult someone with depression. But here's the thing, it's WRONG to wish someone to die like that, period. Spoony told a joke in poor taste, person he told it too didn't give a fuck. Lordkat however literally wished someone to die after the person lost their job and freaked the fuck out. Dude, what is wrong with you? And you know what's most ironic? It's how he condemns spoony when he's literally doing something that's in far greater poor taste, far more immature, and just horrible all around.

Spoony may have lost his job for what he had done, and he may have deserved it. But at least he never got banned from the escapist because he wished someone to die (What's with you and people dying, Lordkat?) over something stupid like Madden.

So there's my two cents. I can look past what both Spoony and Allison did and I wish the best for the both of them. But Lordkat, the dude needs to chill out and smoke some weed.
I agree with you 99%... but it's Democrats that pull out the race card every chance they get. The Right just is a bunch of morons, but seriously, you cannot say THEY pull this crap more than the Left.

PS: Lupa's Tremors reviews are the first entertaining thing she's done in ages, Phelous hasn't been funny in months, Spoony doesn't make a lot of new content, but when he does it's great, and Linkara is the man.