The Spoony One has been ejected from That Guy With the Glasses.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
And That said:
Movie stopped being funny when he STARTED trying to be funny.
The funny part is the implication that Bob was ever funny to begin with.

Though I never watched Game Overthinker.

... With good reason.

darksuccubus

Jan 11, 2011
come on, people, lets get this thread to 40 pages! I've been reading this thread for a week now so I'm not going to say the same thing again, I just agree with 60%vs40% thing and I hope that Spoony gets treatment and takes a break, if necessary.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
darksuccubus said:
come on, people, lets get this thread to 40 pages! I've been reading this thread for a week now so I'm not going to say the same thing again, I just agree with 60%vs40% thing and I hope that Spoony gets treatment and takes a break, if necessary.
Here here...

c'mon guys, lets at least get to 40. We've got to ring the old bell!

Spoony! Spoony! Spoony!

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
TheDrunkNinja said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
No no, it just perplexes me they could get in trouble BEFORE getting physical.

Everytime I've ever had to deal with authority figures it was always after a punch was thrown.
Keep in mind most of the campers were the children of caucasian middle class families who could and were willing to sue anything and everything if they thought they could get away with it.

You know, like public elementary schools in Connecticut, only outside and zero pension for faculty.
Ah! Okay that makes sense, you guys don't even have the extra power school officals do. Rightyo.

Still feel bad for the kid though, from the story sounds like he was doing the right thing... I mean maybe not in a civilized society sense, but he was standing up for himself.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
SaneAmongInsane said:
TheDrunkNinja said:
SaneAmongInsane said:

Everytime I've ever had to deal with authority figures it was always after a punch was thrown.
Keep in mind most of the campers were the children of caucasian middle class families who could and were willing to sue anything and everything if they thought they could get away with it.

You know, like public elementary schools in Connecticut, only outside and zero pension for faculty.
Ah! Okay that makes sense, you guys don't even have the extra power school officals do. Rightyo.

Still feel bad for the kid though, from the story sounds like he was doing the right thing... I mean maybe not in a civilized society sense, but he was standing up for himself.
Well, being "uncivilized" wasn't the problem. Really, he was just adding more fuel to the fire by continuing to argue and escalating into a tantrum. There were so many other ways he could have handled it, and what acting that way earned him in the long run was letting the whole camp know he could be provoked extremely easily.

It was more or less an incident that started a chain of events that made the whole summer a pretty miserable experience.

But like I said, he was an elementary age kid. He didn't know any better and didn't have the maturity to show just how much worse he made his situation by "standing up for himself" like that. It would have been so much better for everyone if he just walked away and let the counselors handle it when another camper is being disrespectful, which the other boy clearly was.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
TheDrunkNinja said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
TheDrunkNinja said:
SaneAmongInsane said:

Well, being "uncivilized" wasn't the problem. Really, he was just adding more fuel to the fire by continuing to argue and escalating into a tantrum. There were so many other ways he could have handled it, and what acting that way earned him in the long run was letting the whole camp know he could be provoked extremely easily.

It was more or less an incident that started a chain of events that made the whole summer a pretty miserable experience.

But like I said, he was an elementary age kid. He didn't know any better and didn't have the maturity to show just how much worse he made his situation by "standing up for himself" like that. It would have been so much better for everyone if he just walked away and let the counselors handle it when another camper is being disrespectful, which the other boy clearly was.
Victim of just not seeing the bigger picture.

JSVira

Jul 1, 2012
Honestly I feel a little bad for Spoony although I cannot really take his side in this. I also can't say I take Lupa or anyone's else side (although she was a real ***** to him on some of the Twitter comments I read). The real issue is the way he was responding to his fans and people trying to help him. He went from responding to them mildly rude to some really cruel comments as the issue escalated. Lupa was wrong to bring the issue back out into the open once JesuOtaku dismissed it. The other reviewers were at fault for taking sides in the issue. The fans are slightly at fault for commenting (regardless if they were positive or negative, the truth is we don't know jack s** about and what really happened and probably shouldn't have posted comments attacking him (some ppl told him to commit suicide) or trying to help him, we don't know his personal life, maybe therapy (the most common suggestion) wouldn't have been best for him). Spoony shouldn't have blown up on his fellow reviewers, his fans, and some of his friends who were trying to help on Twitter, a Internet website that pretty much everyone in the world could view if they wanted to. I understand there is a rumor floating around that he was depressed, but this issue could have been handled way better by all parties involved then it was. From what I've gathered, it was no one person's fault. It was a combination of various factors that contributed to his firing.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
JSVira said:
I understand there is a rumor floating around that he was depressed, but this issue could have been handled way better by all parties involved then it was. From what I've gathered, it was no one person's fault. It was a combination of various factors that contributed to his firing.
It's not a rumor. He himself confirmed he's diagnosed with Bipolar II. It doesn't absolve him of his actions, but it helps us understand how it got to that point.

Blackout2012

Jul 1, 2012
Created an account so I could put my two cents in and feel like my opinion is important.

Barring any amazing revelations, everyone in this situation looks like an ass. However, that's not what I find interesting. What interests me is CA reactions to this.

For people who make their living on the internet they don't seem to understand how it works. Wild speculation is the name of the game. And everyone put themselves in the middle of it:

Holly: When you are trading "love you" tweets with the ex-girlfriend of the man who is about to get kicked off the site you open yourself up to conspiracy theorists. When you use your twitter to voice company policy and as a personal forum you have to deal with the backlash. When everyone on CA starts putting in over the top "It's not Lupa's Fault!" tweets, blogs, etc. It makes it look like, gasp, it's Lupa's fault. (Which it really isn't)

Lupa: When you decide to start a righteous crusade you will get shit for starting the crusade. That's just how it works. Some people will be on your side, some will not. I do look forward to you taking NC to task for his raping Ma-Ti sketch and Lindsay for the rape rap. Also, will have to watch Welshy's new review, but it has rape in it as well. I hope you take him to task. Rape is wrong in all situations and I know you will pick up the torch and continue to crusade for justice! Remember if you don't, you come out looking like a hypocrite with an ax to grind.

Phelous: When you start posting over the top, defensive tweets about your girlfriend it will look as if your just following suit to please your girlfriend.

Spoony: Looks the most boring out of everyone because the revelation is that he's an asshole. Wow! Never saw that coming. Sadly, he was also the funniest person on CA.

When it's all said and done lets hope that everyone comes out of this ok. Spoony will hopefully get the help he needs and make more funny reviews. Or not, I would prefer the man just get better. If this means leaving the glorious internet behind, so be it. I'll just watch his old videos.

Hopfully, Lupa will get the suspension that Spoony did for continuing to fan the flames on twitter. And Holly will be terminated for being unprofessional. Since Spoony left because they couldn't agree on Twitter it is only fair that the other two face some sort of consequence. After the punishments are doled out then the situation will be fair across the board and everyone can go back to getting back to normal, whatever that is.

Blackout2012

Jul 1, 2012
Also, just to make sure I am not wallowing in negativity. Thanks to all the CA reviewers who have remained classy by staying the heck away from this topic. Hope deserves all the praise in the world for not fanning the flames when she would have had a definite right to do so.

Special thanks to Cinema Snob, Linkara Bennet The Sage, and Angry Joe and others for not dropping Spoony like a rock.

No thanks to Lordkat.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
Blackout2012 said:
Hopfully, Lupa will get the suspension that Spoony did for continuing to fan the flames on twitter. And Holly will be terminated for being unprofessional. Since Spoony left because they couldn't agree on Twitter it is only fair that the other two face some sort of consequence. After the punishments are doled out then the situation will be fair across the board and everyone can go back to getting back to normal, whatever that is.
exactly but that will not happen which is why most of us are still mad. There was no justice here, justice implies that you hold everyone accountable for their actions and that they be punished fairly.

Spoony may have chosen to leave but the fact there has been almost nothing done to Lupa, Phelous or Holly for their roles. Of course they hide behind the excuse that they don't discuss disciplinary actions in public, and I ask why not? they seem to discuss everything else. They faced no consequences for it, in fact the first video of the new "block" after the incident was a Lupa video, in very poor taste after everything imho.

it may not have been Lupa's "fault" but she was still one of the main instigators on twitter and Lordkat's stream. Her boyfriend (phelous) being a pussy whipped sheep was also one of Noah's main antagonists from CA. I've already spoken on how unprofessional I think Holly handled everything , she basically just let the fire burn instead of trying to put it out. A professional HR director would have come down hard on anyone not following instructions to shut up about it, in almost any other company a HR director dropping the ball this bad would be in the unemployment line. It doesn't encourage people to do their jobs if they know there are no consequences for not doing it, I place that failure on Mike, Doug and Rob. You can't claim to be professional and not hand out professional discipline when it's needed. It's one thing to be a group of friends making videos, it's another to claim to be a professional company.

Blackout2012

Jul 1, 2012
renaissance_nerd said:
Blackout2012 said:

Spoony may have chosen to leave but the fact there has been almost nothing done to Lupa, Phelous or Holly for their roles. Of course they hide behind the excuse that they don't discuss disciplinary actions in public, and I ask why not? they seem to discuss everything else. They faced no consequences for it, in fact the first video of the new "block" after the incident was a Lupa video, in very poor taste after everything imho.

it may not have been Lupa's "fault" but she was still one of the main instigators on twitter and Lordkat's stream. Her boyfriend (phelous) being a pussy whipped sheep was also one of Noah's main antagonists from CA. I've already spoken on how unprofessional I think Holly handled everything , she basically just let the fire burn instead of trying to put it out. A professional HR director would have come down hard on anyone not following instructions to shut up about it, in almost any other company a HR director dropping the ball this bad would be in the unemployment line. It doesn't encourage people to do their jobs if they know there are no consequences for not doing it, I place that failure on Mike, Doug and Rob. You can't claim to be professional and not hand out professional discipline when it's needed. It's one thing to be a group of friends making videos, it's another to claim to be a professional company.
Phelous I don't care about. Let's be honest, if Phelous wasn't dating Lupa do you really think he would be jumping into this? I would hope not. I would figure he would be like the majority of the reviewers and just leave it be. I'll be happy enough to just stop watching his reviews. Case closed.

Lupa just decided to grind the ax aganist Spoony and ending up catching hell for it. I truthfully wouldn't mind if she had come out and said "Yeah I hate the guy and wanted him off the site." That wouldn't be a stance I would agree with, but it would at least be the truth. Watching everyone try to portray her as a crusader is what gets on my nerves. And to be fair people around her like Phelous and Oancitizen are trying to make her a saint. It seems after the inital storm she has gone to ground and isn't going to say anything else about it. Again, I'll be satisfied to stop watching her reviews. Does she deserve a suspension, yup. But she isn't going to get one. Case closed as well.

Holly is the part where I have a problem. The first time I saw her pop up on a Sad Panda video to block him from making a joke about Heath Ledger I thought it was cute and clever. However, after seeing her twitter and the way she has conducted herself it's not what HR people do in the "real world." If CA was a true company she would be out of a job, end of story.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
Blackout2012 said:
renaissance_nerd said:
Blackout2012 said:

Phelous I don't care about. Let's be honest, if Phelous wasn't dating Lupa do you really think he would be jumping into this? I would hope not. I would figure he would be like the majority of the reviewers and just leave it be. I'll be happy enough to just stop watching his reviews. Case closed.

Lupa just decided to grind the ax aganist Spoony and ending up catching hell for it. I truthfully wouldn't mind if she had come out and said "Yeah I hate the guy and wanted him off the site." That wouldn't be a stance I would agree with, but it would at least be the truth. Watching everyone try to portray her as a crusader is what gets on my nerves. And to be fair people around her like Phelous and Oancitizen are trying to make her a saint. It seems after the inital storm she has gone to ground and isn't going to say anything else about it. Again, I'll be satisfied to stop watching her reviews. Does she deserve a suspension, yup. But she isn't going to get one. Case closed as well.

Holly is the part where I have a problem. The first time I saw her pop up on a Sad Panda video to block him from making a joke about Heath Ledger I thought it was cute and clever. However, after seeing her twitter and the way she has conducted herself it's not what HR people do in the "real world." If CA was a true company she would be out of a job, end of story.
Holly was hired in June 2010, that it also around the time Channel Awesome began it's crusade against "inappropriate" material. Now it could be CA had this stance all along but had no way to enforce it. More likely it seems to me Holly is pushing her own personal agenda and not necessarily the company's. She is censoring/blocking/reprimanding anything SHE finds offensive, not necessarily what CA finds offensive. You have to put personal bias aside and enforce what the company wants you to, and i don't think she is doing that.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Without knowing something at all about the whole SpoonyOne situation, I just saw the whole video "SpoonyOne Vs. Internet 3: Mass Effect 3".

I just can't believe with just few words he alienate somehow his whole fanbase...
Also he really should be more polite when he is himself and not "SpoonyOne"....

The problem is as some other said already, we don't know when he play his alter Ego character or not.

Blackout2012

Jul 1, 2012
Holly was hired in June 2010, that it also around the time Channel Awesome began it's crusade against "inappropriate" material. Now it could be CA had this stance all along but had no way to enforce it. More likely it seems to me Holly is pushing her own personal agenda and not necessarily the company's. She is censoring/blocking/reprimanding anything SHE finds offensive, not necessarily what CA finds offensive. You have to put personal bias aside and enforce what the company wants you to, and i don't think she is doing that.[/quote]

It's hard for me to comment on that because it ventures into conspiracy theory. I just know in the company I work for her actions would lead to probation or termination.

I don't believe in the Scarlett/Lupa/Holly out to get Noah thing. Do I think they all shared a internet high five after all was said and done? Sure. But I don't think they all set out to get him.

All in all her conduct has been unbecoming of someone who claims to work in Human Resources. In a "real" company this would not fly. CA needs to figure out is they are a real company or its all just high school playtime.