The Spoony One has been ejected from That Guy With the Glasses.

saintash

Jun 29, 2012
NortherWolf said:
renaissance_nerd said:
?Okay, let me make one thing perfectly clear, this is NOT jumping the shark. I?m gonna repeat that again, this is NOT jumping the shark. No, no, no. This is jumping the shark, coming back, shooting it in the balls, raping it, eating its flesh, consuming its soul, mounting its head on the wall? and then doing the same thing to 12 more fucking sharks!?
? The Nostalgia Critic?s Neverending Story 3 review

Apparently you can rape sharks but you can't "love someone your way"

where is Lupa's blog about how raping sharks offends her?
Okay, get this into your thick skull: That was a scripted joke.
Do you understand that word? Scripted?
SPoony's comment was bad taste, he openly "Joked" about either raping someone or kidnapping them. FFS, if he felt the desperate need to do so, use skype or something remotely private.
You and yours insistence to keep bringing up "Oh, but what about this joke then!" is stupid as hell as that's joke which are written beforehand, and clearly in character. If Spoony is in CHaracter off-stage, he's got worse issues than one can imagine.
Spoony is an arse, but his fans seems about ten times worse. Sniveling little cowards who somehow think attacking every female on CA makes them men.

yeah it being a scripted joke sort of makes it worse, it mean there was more thought time and effort put into it, look at that south park episode where they rape Indiana Jones three times, they used one of the worst things that can happen to a person to show how bad the movies was, and even though i found it funny. im sure rape victims don't, and the NC, and rob who wrote that episode taking time to say the never ending story 3 was bad as being raped. means two people put time and effort into that joke.

where as spoonys was more of a throw it out there stupid moment kind of joke, because how many times has that happened? to you or some one you know made a joke that didn't land and now people never stop giving you shit over it?

i once made a cannibal joke, in a TS i hang out in, and to this day im not as the girl that eats people.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
saintash said:
NortherWolf said:
renaissance_nerd said:
?Okay, let me make one thing perfectly clear, this is NOT jumping the shark. I?m gonna repeat that again, this is NOT jumping the shark. No, no, no. This is jumping the shark, coming back, shooting it in the balls, raping it, eating its flesh, consuming its soul, mounting its head on the wall? and then doing the same thing to 12 more fucking sharks!?
? The Nostalgia Critic?s Neverending Story 3 review

Apparently you can rape sharks but you can't "love someone your way"

where is Lupa's blog about how raping sharks offends her?
Okay, get this into your thick skull: That was a scripted joke.
Do you understand that word? Scripted?
SPoony's comment was bad taste, he openly "Joked" about either raping someone or kidnapping them. FFS, if he felt the desperate need to do so, use skype or something remotely private.
You and yours insistence to keep bringing up "Oh, but what about this joke then!" is stupid as hell as that's joke which are written beforehand, and clearly in character. If Spoony is in CHaracter off-stage, he's got worse issues than one can imagine.
Spoony is an arse, but his fans seems about ten times worse. Sniveling little cowards who somehow think attacking every female on CA makes them men.

yeah it being a scripted joke sort of makes it worse, it mean there was more thought time and effort put into it, look at that south park episode where they rape Indiana Jones three times, they used one of the worst things that can happen to a person to show how bad the movies was, and even though i found it funny. im sure rape victims don't, and the NC, and rob who wrote that episode taking time to say the never ending story 3 was bad as being raped. means two people put time and effort into that joke.

where as spoonys was more of a throw it out there stupid moment kind of joke, because how many times has that happened? to you or some one you know made a joke that didn't land and now people never stop giving you shit over it?

i once made a cannibal joke, in a TS i hang out in, and to this day im not as the girl that eats people.

yep the fact remains there are a ton of rape jokes/references in TGWTG from everyone on site and on twitter ect, There has got to be a reason Lupa singled THIS one out a friggin month later. The easiest conclusion is she has some sort of vendetta against Noah.

let's be honest Rape is stretching the joke a bit far, it was really more of a BDSM joke.

as for attacking every female I have only said anything about two, Lupa and Holly. That is hardly every female at CA. Being a female does not automatically make you above criticism.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
HappyMcSmiles said:
I detect you are trying to be snarky by assuming I don't have access to their specific HR policy, and in that you are correct.
Yeah...that was probably beneath me. Sorry about that. Bitchiness is becoming a reflex. I should have said, "I feel that if you are going to assert that two people have both violated a company's policy while only one was punished, it is incumbent upon you to prove it by citing the policy in question."

HappyMcSmiles said:
I get a feeling you've never worked in an office before, which is no slight towards you, but stuff like HR policy is literally copy-paste anywhere you go.
I have, but I don't ever pay any attention to those things, so you might as well be right.

John Farrell said:
Retreating to safety is one of those indicators that she knows she can't win.
Win what? Is there a prize for winning? Does she get a trophy or something?

John Farrell

Oct 26, 2011
JimB said:
John Farrell said:
Retreating to safety is one of those indicators that she knows she can't win.
Win what? Is there a prize for winning? Does she get a trophy or something?
She doesn't have to justify going on LordKat's Stream, or going on a crusade based on a month old-tweet that was sent to somebody else. It is the conservapedia-method of winning arguments, kick off anyone who disagrees with you and then note how you are in the right.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
John Farrell said:
She doesn't have to justify going on LordKat's Stream, or going on a crusade based on a month old-Tweet that was sent to somebody else.
True. She does not have to justify those things. She wouldn't have to justify them if her Facebook profile was public, either.

John Farrell said:
It is the Conservapedia-method of winning arguments, kick off anyone who disagrees with you and then note how you are in the right.
That reminds me, I wonder if Dickipedia still exists. That was a funny site. I should go look it up.

John Farrell

Oct 26, 2011
JimB said:
John Farrell said:
She doesn't have to justify going on LordKat's Stream, or going on a crusade based on a month old-Tweet that was sent to somebody else.
True. She does not have to justify those things. She wouldn't have to justify them if her Facebook profile was public, either.

John Farrell said:
It is the Conservapedia-method of winning arguments, kick off anyone who disagrees with you and then note how you are in the right.
That reminds me, I wonder if Dickipedia still exists. That was a funny site. I should go look it up.
But now she doesn't have to even hear about any protests. I think she also just made the group, so it's more like she just wanted a safe zone. The group she made will no doubt sing her praises. Some might agree with her methods, I call them cowardly. If you cannot justify your actions, then consider whether those actions are worth justifying.

And yes, Assfly's wiki is still around.

Blackout2012

Jul 1, 2012
SaneAmongInsane said:
Blackout2012 said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Blackout2012 said:
darksuccubus said:
Blackout2012 said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
JimB said:
renaissance_nerd said:
That will not happen which is why most of us are still mad.
Uh huh. Who is "most of us?" How many of you are there? What are your names? Because if you're going to insist that you have some kind of majority behind you, I want some evidence of that.

renaissance_nerd said:
She is censoring/blocking/reprimanding anything she finds offensive, not necessarily what Channel Awesome finds offensive.
Crap. Channel Awesome cannot find anything offensive; Channel Awesome does not have the capacity. Channel Awesome is nothing but a name on a business license and a logo on a graphics card. It is not a person. Only people can be offended by anything.
It's him, me, and 3 other guys.
Four other guys!
Make it 5!
And then! The World!
How about just Canada?
Ok. Canada it is......
YOU HEAR THAT CANADA?! WE COMIN' FOR YOU!

Blackout! WE ATTACK AT DAWN.
Already did! Took all the Canadian Bacon.

Turns out it's just ham.......

Blackout2012

Jul 1, 2012
JimB said:
John Farrell said:

John Farrell said:
I get your point. Lupa, or anyone else, doesn't really owe anyone anything. So I concede to your point.

It is just disappointing that she decided to stir all this up and run. Say what you will about Lordkat at least he backs up what he said. Even when he apologized it was only to the community and not to Spoony. I think his comments were horrible, but at least he has some guts.

Lupa isn't showing those. If you want to stand up, you've got to weather the good and the bad.

However, everything I posted is an opinion and not law.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
John Farrell said:
And yes, Assfly's wiki is still around.
It is? Hm. I keep getting 404s when I try to get to it. Tsk.

Blackout2012 said:
If you want to stand up, you've got to weather the good and the bad.
Not necessarily. I think it's natural for a person to ask herself exactly how much she thinks she's going to profit from a struggle and how much struggle she thinks that profit is worth. At some point, you gotta cut your losses.

Blackout2012 said:
However, everything I posted is an opinion and not law.
Fair enough.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
John Farrell said:
http://www.conservapedia.com/Main_Page
Appreciated, but I wasn't talking about Conservapedia. I was talking about Dickipedia. It is--or was--a wiki of people who are dicks. It was pretty damned funny.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
renaissance_nerd said:
Looks like it got bought by the Huffington Post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/dickipedia/
Yeah, I found the Huffington Post links, but I still can't access any of the pages. Go figure. Oh well, I'm just glad to know it's still out there.

Light-Yami

Jul 3, 2012
I just had a stupid idea.
what if all this is a staged show for the upcoming movie? I mean bipolar 2? Insano?
The trailer shows spoony getting electrocuted in a weird way, or getting virtually deleted lol. I mean is weird how all of this was handled, so they may have been stupid on purpose.

I mean it was done conveniently on Doug's honeymoon so he wouldn't respond to anything.

And Spoony hasn't used the banhammer for people talking about this on his site.
I'm just saying

Hawkolf

Mar 14, 2012
Light-Yami said:
I just had a stupid idea.
what if all this is a staged show for the upcoming movie? I mean bipolar 2? Insano?
The trailer shows spoony getting electrocuted in a weird way, or getting virtually deleted lol. I mean is weird how all of this was handled, so they may have been stupid on purpose.

I mean it was done conveniently on Doug's honeymoon so he wouldn't respond to anything.

And Spoony hasn't used the banhammer for people talking about this on his site.
I'm just saying
No way. Things have gone too cruel and too personal for it to be planned. Lordkat's Livestream was pure assholeness (that ain't word now is it...) and so were insults directed between Spoony and Lupa and from Spoony to his fans.

darksuccubus

Jan 11, 2011
SaneAmongInsane said:
And then there was page 40.

40 pages full of win.

Spoony! Spoony! Spoony!
Congratulations, everyone! I never thought, this day would come *cries* I want to thank my family, my friends and everyone who supported me. And of course, thank you Spoony and everyone who contributed to the thread. We did it, I can't believe we did it!

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
darksuccubus said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
And then there was page 40.

40 pages full of win.

Spoony! Spoony! Spoony!
Congratulations, everyone! I never thought, this day would come *cries* I want to thank my family, my friends and everyone who supported me. And of course, thank you Spoony and everyone who contributed to the thread. We did it, I can't believe we did it!

you like me, you really like me!