The TF2 Guard Dog Update: All Bark, No Bite

Bendon

Apr 1, 2009
I want it I want it I want it I want it D:

I hope valve considers this seriously... despite them mentioning the new class was supposed to be something like engy and spy...

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
ActionDan said:
Good attempt, but if this really was an upcoming valve update, I would never play TF2 again.
Why exactly? I don't see what's so bad about this class.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Please can we keep him? I'll feed him and walk him every day! And give him a bath every week! You won't even need to look after him! Please Gabe. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE?

raxer92

Aug 3, 2009
Sansha said:
Yassen said:
Why do I get the feeling that PETA would agree with you? It'll be that Call of Duty fiasco again with the dogs. Never mind how the dogs are trying to rip your throat out, you're not entitled to kill them to save your own life.
It's not the self defense thing, it's that somehow people feel worse about having to kill animals than people. I mean, in video game world I'd no sooner remove a man's head from his shoulders than look at him, but with animals... I dunno. I can't really explain it.

I guess people deserve to be shot for their selfish, greedy, violent ways, but animals...
Get that mentality out of your head, we need to eat, and we need to survive, if you can't bare the fact that you'll have to shoot a videogame dog sooner or later then how can you bare the fact that someone probably killed the meat you eat these days?

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
That letter is awesome; "Sincerely Up Yours Saxton Hale".

Edit: and now there are hats [http://guarddog.50webs.com/update_02.html]! I want a Jaws costume for my dog now...

MindBullets

Apr 5, 2008
A variation on this idea would probably work as an engineer update.

Instead of a sentry, you get a robotic dog with guns. It can move around, but for balance's sake it can't be upgraded. Something like that to help make engies more useful on the offence.

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
Radelaide said:
Please can we keep him? I'll feed him and walk him every day! And give him a bath every week! You won't even need to look after him! Please Gabe. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE?
Gabe! Pleeassee? I want a dog! PLLLLEEEASSSE!

This could only be more awesome if it had a cat too.

whyarecarrots

Nov 19, 2008
While the update may be fake, the maps on the second day of the update aren't, and having played Convoy, I can highly recommend it: it's a very, very cool map, if a little bit unbalanced in favour of snipers.

PyroZombie

Apr 24, 2009
Malygris said:
Given Valve's history of turning quality fan work into the real deal, maybe someday the idea of playing TF2 as a dog with a frikkin' rocket launcher strapped to our backs won't seem quite so far-fetched.
Why?

But back on topic, I caught the hoax when i saw "Win Egypt With Most Points", but this is a great idea none-the-less for valve to use.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
tehroc said:
People would complain, it would be such a smaller model.
It would also probable have much less health and do much less damage

If I had read about this prior to seeing that it was a joke, I must say

I'd be saddened that it was a joke. The achievements were great... the whole package was wonderful, and I think it would be a great addition to the game

EDIT: I gotta say again, those achievements are probably the best thing I've read this month

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
whyarecarrots said:
While the update may be fake, the maps on the second day of the update aren't, and having played Convoy, I can highly recommend it: it's a very, very cool map, if a little bit unbalanced in favour of snipers.
It seems based off of an Unreal Tournament map of the same name. Which, too, is awesome.

Apparently, there's a petition for it right now. [http://www.petitiononline.com/TF2Dog/petition.html]

AxelMiller

Sep 22, 2009
If Valve is going to make this update. Im going out. These dogs seems a bit overpowered if you ask me.

squidbuddy99

Jun 29, 2009
Why it's awesome:
1 It's a dog with a gun.
2 ITS A GODDAMNED DOG WITH A GODDAMNED GUN!

Why it's not so awesome:
1 The dog would be too hard to hit.
2 Every PETA member's head would explode.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
It was nice to see how happy he was at the end of it. Valve let him take the stage for a bit and he enjoyed his moment. The guard dog was an original idea though.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I would buy a guard dog version of TF2. I would not appreciate it being added to the game, but if it were a separate game I think I could dig it. Knowing Valve, they'll probably do something with this though. It looks very very real.

Desert Tiger

Apr 25, 2009
I still think it'd be pretty cool - imagine a guy grabbing the intelligence, fixing it to the dog, then sending Lassy home? They need a female class first anyway, apart from the Pyro.