The Uncomfortably-Personal-Questions Thread for Escapist Posters with No Boundaries!

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
I think you might struggle with 2 if you don't investigate 3.

Edit:

13. Yes. We have quite different outlooks on life, but I think if I repeat myself enough she'll come round to my way of seeing things.
14. Reasonably yes. This year has been, and next year will be, tighter than usual, but we're doing okay. Long-term is more of an issue, because I've always viewed pensionable age as something I won't achieve (my dad died at 48, and I really am my father's son - clock's ticking), so I haven't made many provisions.
Being out of work really takes its toll on a man. Not having to dress for anything or anyone can bring out the worst in someone. Besides, most fetishes are unlikely unless you enter a relationship with someone and I like being single.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
1) I've never actually given it conscious thought.

2) Generally, I like to be the person who meets my partner's fantasies. I think it's a gender dysphoria thing. It's hard for me to be really in touch with my own sexuality so what really gives me satisfaction is giving pleasure to other people. That said, I like people who can push my limits. Generally, the more I like someone the harder they can push me, and I find that very hot.

3) Currently pyjamas and a cat kigu. I sleep in a kigu when it gets cold.

4) If Space Station 13 counts as an RPG then I'm a geneticist. I sit at a console all day performing a tedious minigame to learn how to turn people into monkeys until I get so bored I inject myself with superpowers, try to Kitty Pryde into the armoury and end up melting into a puddle of goo instead

5) I don't actually have a good answer for this. I'm pretty sure I've checked in the middle of conferences out of sheer boredom.

6) I don't really get why I'd want to have sex with someone I don't like, certainly to the degree of despising them. I also don't really want to be in the position of being able to screw someone else over. I'm gonna pick the misdemeanour thing, but it's kind of a win by default.

7) Yes. I think they'd just be confused though.

8) I don't know what counts as a good person. But I do aspire to be a fiercely kind person.

9) Cloudy by far. I still have some goth habits, and being mortally afraid of sunlight is one of them.

10) Ham, pineapple and sriracha. I just add sriracha to all kinds of things, and pineapple pizza is one of the ones I think works.

11) See question 3.

12) No.

13) In a sense. My mother is a very odd person. Her love is extremely conditional and extremely tied up with control, and it's taken me most of my life to learn how to manage her. But,for whatever reason, I find that I still care about her enough to keep putting that effort in and I think that has to be a kind of love.

14) Yes and no. I have enough savings not to have to worry too much in the long term, but the higher education sector is dying (it was dying even before Corona, and now it's absolutely gone) and I have pretty poor short term career prospects, so on a day to day level I can't really spend anything without eating into the savings I need to live.

Last edited:

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
4) If Space Station 13 counts as an RPG then I'm a geneticist. I sit at a console all day performing a tedious minigame to learn how to turn people into monkeys until I get so bored I inject myself with superpowers, try to Kitty Pryde into the armoury and end up melting into a puddle of goo instead
I love Space Station 13! I had a run a few days ago where I was the Chef and I asked a geneticist to help me cross an owl, from the Owlery, and a piece of cheddar cheese, so that no longer will people have to look in two locations for owls and cheddar cheese! Once we had our winged owly cheese we force fed it coffee and speed until it died. I then brought it back to the kitchen and turned it into sausage and put it on a pizza with some ants and dirty spaghetti.
And then the vampires showed up. And fucking Sec didn't help at all because the engineers were trying to do a Hellburn

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I love Space Station 13! I had a run a few days ago where I was the Chef and I asked a geneticist to help me cross an owl, from the Owlery, and a piece of cheddar cheese, so that no longer will people have to look in two locations for owls and cheddar cheese! Once we had our winged owly cheese we force fed it coffee and speed until it died. I then brought it back to the kitchen and turned it into sausage and put it on a pizza with some ants and dirty spaghetti.
And then the vampires showed up. And fucking Sec didn't help at all because the engineers were trying to do a Hellburn
Space Station 13 is like Eve Online, its one of those games I like to read about or watch vids with a good narrator but have absolutely no interest in playing.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
1. Toilet paper: which direction do you wipe?
2. What is your sexual fetish?
3. What are you wearing? (This one was originally titled "Show Us Your Knickers!)
4. You're sucked into your most played Sci-fi/Fantasy rpg on your primary console. But this twist is that you are focused to be your least favorite character class. Which class are you?
5. Weirdest place/time you ever checked in on the Escapist?
6. You have a choice of doing one of three things without ever having the possibility of getting caught. You could have Guaranteed Mindblowing Sex with someone whose personality you and your peers detest any time you want it, Hack in and be able to erase any speeding ticket/minor infraction off of the Government's database, or pick one person from your past who you could screw over as many times as you like. Which do you choose?
7. If you recognized that the last member who posted before you was in the same bar as you, would you get up and say hello?
8. Do you consider yourself a Good person?
9. Do you prefer sunny or cloudy days? Personally I like cloudy days more. I live in Arizona so most days are bright and sunny, which makes me put on a squint like Clint Eastwood, plus clouds add texture to the sky, give you something to look at. Also rain.
10. Favorite pizza toppings? Green peppers, pepperoni, sausage (cut in slices like pepperoni if I can get it).
11. Cats or dogs?
12. It's No Nut November, how you holding out?
13. Do you love your mother?
14. Do you feel comfortable with your current financial situation?
1. North to south, then south to north on the dingleberry hunt.
2. Cunalingus, but with someone I really care about. I don’t “go down” on a first date or one nighter (not that I’ve had one of those in years, i.e.: happily monogamous.)
3. Nondescript jeans, t-shirt and a hoodie, the guise of the guy most eye witnesses saw. Just waiting on the Star Trek future where we all just wear monochromatic uniforms.
4. Dark Souls, so Cleric. Have yet to complete a Faith build run; it’s just so damned boring.
5. Terlit, I give a crap when I take a crap.
6. As much as I hate political ads, I “perked up” during Texas republican representative Genevieve Collins’ ads. I wouldn’t mind “screwing” her any time I want; we could argue affordable health care while I afford HER health, put a glory hole between our voting booths and have nasty hate sex while we vote against each others’ interests, put my blue state all the way up in her red state and other, equally appalling euphemisms.
7. Don’t know Terminal Blue (Post #45 as of this typing) that well, but with the exception of bar flies and obnoxious drunks, I don’t mind engaging anyone in a bar. So yeah, having the Escapist in common, I'd buy him/her a beer.
8. Yes, I do; “treat others as you want to be treated” is a pretty basic and easy way to live your life and mitigate the shit bad people do.
9. Sunny days, but moderate temperature. You can take the heat back to hell where it belongs.
10. Pineapple, pepperoni and onions on a doughy, cheese-stuffed crust, and I just got fatter thinking about it.
11. Dogs. All day, every day. Cats are fish tanks with attitudes: all maintenance and one empty food dish shy of scratching your eyes out.
12. Ha! During a pandemic?? Boredom sex has been the name of the game for months, and November ain’t nothing special.
13. Absolutely.
14. Never. It’s a lot better since the pandemic killed off some of my more frivolous spending, but I’m a “glass half empty” person when it comes to my money. For every extra $1 I see, I imagine a $10 unexpected expense is around the corner. Rarely happens, but Murphy’s Law, is always lingering in the back of my mind.

Last edited:

Crystal Violet

2020: I have not gotten over the scarf thing
Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
(I'd also ask, "What's the scarf thing and are you over Emily in Paris?", but that applies mostly to the OP)
I have not gotten over Emily in Paris at all! It still bring me rage!

The scarf thing is a reference to the posts on my profile. You can look at my profile and see since it is important!

Crystal Violet

Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
I've been busy everyone but I promise I will answer all questions later!!!

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I have not gotten over Emily in Paris at all! It still bring me rage!

The scarf thing is a reference to the posts on my profile. You can look at my profile and see since it is important!
*reads profile posts* Jesus Christ. Between you and Lil Devils and probably Dalisclock, I'll never need to know anyone else again for life advice.

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
Front to back

3. What are you wearing?
Boxers and a burger king crown (not a joke)

Crystal Violet

Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
*reads profile posts* Jesus Christ. Between you and Lil Devils and probably Dalisclock, I'll never need to know anyone else again for life advice.
OK truth time now: The profile post is a joke. My sister never fell into the lion enclosure. I have simply needed to fabricate a canon where my sister still has my scarf for reasons outside of her control.

You know they are making another series of that?
For the love of Odin no!

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
OK truth time now: The profile post is a joke. My sister never fell into the lion enclosure. I have simply needed to fabricate a canon where my sister still has my scarf for reasons outside of her control.
Yeah, the lion's tearing her clothes off but leaving her otherwise unharmed sounded like the story was about to go into terrible comedy territory, at best.

For the love of Odin no!
And apparently you aren't supposed to pronounce the "s" in Paris, so it sounds more French/rhymes with Emily.

Crystal Violet

Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
Yeah, the lion's tearing her clothes off but leaving her otherwise unharmed sounded like the story was about to go into terrible comedy territory, at best.
She stole my scarf so she would deserve it were it true.

And apparently you aren't supposed to pronounce the "s" in Paris, so it sounds more French/rhymes with Emily.
Even when we speak English we pronounce the "s". An American saying "Paris" like we do in French makes me cringe!

As a Swede I think it is cultural appropriation when a French person invokes the Gods we no longer believe in. So take his name back or I will swear on... I don't know, baguettes and champagne or something.
Before going to Sweden I expected longboats and ale. Instead I found alcoholism and people who make you take off your shoes before you enter their house.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Front to back, IDK weird question.

I don't really like sex to be honest, hard to have a sexual fetish when I don't engage in sex.

3. What are you wearing? (This one was originally titled "Show Us Your Knickers!)
Dress shoes, Jeans, a red dress shirt and a scarf, I wouldn't know why I haven't left home in two days for any reason.

4. You're sucked into your most played Sci-fi/Fantasy rpg on your primary console. But this twist is that you are focused to be your least favorite character class. Which class are you?
I'm unsure as to what my most played RPG is, probably an MMO of some kind I used to play with my siblings, so I guess a game called Mabinogi, which I don't think had classes at first, I'm pretty sure it has now, so I guess Warrior, I was just bad at the melee system, so any close quarters fighter I didn't like, but Mage was pretty boring IIRC.

5. Weirdest place/time you ever checked in on the Escapist?
I don't know what weird is.

6. You have a choice of doing one of three things without ever having the possibility of getting caught. You could have Guaranteed Mindblowing Sex with someone whose personality you and your peers detest any time you want it, Hack in and be able to erase any speeding ticket/minor infraction off of the Government's database, or pick one person from your past who you could screw over as many times as you like. Which do you choose?
I'm not really vindictive and like I said previously sex isn't really for me, so deleting minor infractions off the Government database it is.

7. If you recognized that the last member who posted before you was in the same bar as you, would you get up and say hello?
Probably not, I'm very shy to be honest I don't say hi to my friends unless they do it first.

8. Do you consider yourself a Good person?
I try to be really hard but I don't think I am.

9. Do you prefer sunny or cloudy days?
Cloudy, I guess I just like gloomy weather since I'm always under the weather.

10. Favorite pizza toppings?
Hmmm... I guess pepperoni, bell peppers, onions and jalapeños.

11. Cats or dogs?
Dogs, I do love cats a lot and I play with strays all the time, but I guess I love my dog way too much, I like both, so I'd rather have both a cat and a dog.

12. It's No Nut November, how you holding out?
I'm immune to it.

13. Do you love your mother?
I guess so, I have a lot of problems with her and I just got off the phone from arguing with her for about an hour, but I think so, I think I care about her a lot.

14. Do you feel comfortable with your current financial situation?
Not really, if things continue this way I'm unsure I will be able to pay for my medical bills, like at the moment I'm healthy at least physically but my mental health is very poor and I'm unsure if I'll realistically be able to cover the cost, also it's very likely I might need to invest in my physical health sooner rather than later and I'm not seeing being able to cover all those charges and the rest of my bills as being very plausible.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
1.Back to front. But 1 front to back at the end.
2. Playful domination. But really, whatever you're doing there's no turn on like an enthusiastic partner.
3. Work uniform, 12 hour shift and couldn't be bothered to change
4. Console?!? CONSOLE!?!!! What kind of scrub do you take me for? *cough* Thalmor Mage. Or Power armour heavy weapon user. Not sure if it's Skyrim or Fallout.
5. No idea. Really nowhere odd.
6. The minor infraction. I wouldn't want to have sex with someone I hate and wouldn't want to screw anyone over.
7. Probably
8. Morally pretty good, but functionally of poor quality.
9. Sunny, but not really hot. But I can deal with cloud, it's nice in the right mood.
10. Not really into pizza. I suppose vegetable pizza.
11. Don't particularly care for either. Cats are shitbags and dogs take too much looking after. Dogs I suppose.
12. After googling, I have to ask why I would ever want to do that?
13. Yes, but we don't have much to do with each other's lives. Not a particularly close family.
14. Yeah, I never have to check my bank account, which is all I require.