The Underappreciated Gems of Gaming

Crowser

Feb 13, 2009
BenMcMichael said:
Crowser said:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Its such a great game yet underrated, shame the gaming community didn't pick up on it.
Is this trolling? cos god damn I'm angry now. I think you should leave "Crowser"
And the first victim of sarcasm falls! ... Unless your comment was sarcastic and then I'm the fool.

PrimeSynergy

Aug 24, 2008
Otogi Myth of Demons
Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict

.........and VALKYRIA CHRONICLES!

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
BenMcMichael said:
Christemo said:
Heroes of Might and magic 3-5. best turn-based strategy game of all time.

Titan Quest. Best RPG of all time (single player most of the time, but it has online play and a map editor).

Dawn of War: Soulstorm. Best of the DOW series, but it was not very well known and DOW2 has ruined the entire franchise.
I only played Heroes of might and magic 3, and loved it. Which would you say is the best out of the 3 listed?
number 4 featured heroes as units too. but at level 25 with 1 or 2 heroes, you was invincible if you had vampirism.

number 5 was like number 3, and was really awesome, had a better story and was generally better. but i favor number 3 as it was the first game i ever played.

R.O.

Mar 13, 2008
Chaos Legion. Totally slept on but much better than the corny Devil May Cry games and had a better story.

The_Deleted

Aug 28, 2008
R.O. said:
Chaos Legion. Totally slept on but much better than the corny Devil May Cry games and had a better story.
Keep seeing that one about. Looks like another one to try out then.

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines

Septerra Core (The ONLY good turn based game in exsistance)

Planescape Torment

Mirror's Edge

Shogo: Mobile Armor Division

Neocron 2

Second Sight

Sanitarium (I can't fucking stress how original and involving the story of this game is, its one of my top five of all times.)

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner

Saints Row (The Original)

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter

One game I can't remember the name of, it was fantasy-esque with factions such as chaos and light and all that jazz, it was a good game.

The Original Unreal, before all that tournament nonsense

The fact that most of you have never even fucking heard of Sanitarium/Septerra Core/Shogo makes me more comfortable in my position as a misanthrope.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Christemo said:
Heroes of Might and magic 3-5. best turn-based strategy game of all time.

Titan Quest. Best RPG of all time (single player most of the time, but it has online play and a map editor).

Dawn of War: Soulstorm. Best of the DOW series, but it was not very well known and DOW2 has ruined the entire franchise.
Really? I liked Dark Crusade much more for the for the multiplayer and I liked Dawn of War 2 much more than the rest of them for the epic story driven csmpaign.

Talendra

Hail, Ilpalazzo!
Jan 26, 2009
Okami, that game just has so much charm, a great story, and beautiful artwork.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
SNES
Secret of Evermore
Equinox
Skyblazer
Illusion of Gaia
Terranigma
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals

N64
Hybrid Heaven
Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Earth
Legend of the Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

Nintendo DS
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Lost Magic

Dreamcast
Fighting Vipers 2
Rival Schools: Project Justice
Metropolis Street Racer
Record of Lodoss War
Shenmue & Shenmue 2

Playstation
Ghost in the Shell
Vandal Hearts II

Playstation 2
Chaos Legion
Ring of Red
Ys VI - The Ark of Napishtim
Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil
Arc: Twilight of the Spirits
Gitaroo Man
Okami
Steambot Chronicles
Zone of the Enders

PC
Tribes Vengeance
Kohan II: Kings of War
Galactic Civilizations II: The Dread Lords
X2: The Threat
Battle Realms
Ever 17: Out of Infinity
Fate/Stay Night

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Valkyria Chronicles - Already said, but I can't stress enough how great this game is. If you own a PS3 you have no excuse to not give it a rental at least.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
ActRaiser 2 for the SNES was one of my favorite games growing up. Never heard many other people talk about it though.

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
Also, EoE: Eve of Extinction. Wait, I have to explain this.

The game was mediocre in every aspect, the story was bland, the gameplay was repetitive, but I distinctly remember having a blast with it.

I don't know why, I just did. Maybe it was because I was young and stupid, or maybe because I was unspoiled by the great games of the future.

Peach_hat

Jan 7, 2009
GodsOneMistake said:
Beyond good and evil
This. Considering we never got it in Australia.

But I completely agree with Silicon Valley. It's pretty tough to find another friend who's even heard of it.