The world is going to end on May 21, 2011

Qmonster

Sep 20, 2010
Number mysticism derived from shoddy translations of the Bible is not really threatening to me.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
1. No. Interpretations of the Holy Bible have also come to the conclusion that the world would end in 2006. That didn't happen either, last I checked.

2. Probably celebrate the fact that I don't have any exams and sit about watching movies with my closest friends and family members all day.

Raven_Operative

Dec 21, 2010
1) its not going to happen.

2) ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! but in this hypothetical scenario, I would probably ask out the one girl I like for the first time.

also, how can people claim to know when the end of the world is? from the parts that ive read (about half), the bible never specifically says when the world will end. it only gives vague hints that are completely open to interpretation.

also, If we are using the bible for proof on this matter, then...

2 Peter 3:10 (NIV) But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.

Mark 13:30 - 32

30 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

32 But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Disproved!

skywalkerlion

Jun 21, 2009
1. NO, it says right in the fucking revelations no one can predict it, yet people still read between the lines and act like they can.

2. Ignoring that the world is gonna end, cause it ain't.

DirtyMagic

Mar 18, 2011
1. NO!
2. Laughing at everybody who believed it, then letting out one big OH SHIIIIIII- once it actually does happen.

Thurston

Nov 1, 2007
Yawn.

You know what all these apocalyptic prophets have in common?

They've all been wrong.

Oh sure, they may have offed themselves, for the self-fulfilling prophecy, but the rest of the world traipsed merrily along.

I'm going to make a prediction. For the rest of human existence, the self-important pompous idiots have just enough intelligence will continue to rub some numbers together and predict doom.

Keep an open mind. Note the difference between "open mind" and "empty head."

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Silly people. The world will end in 2038 when the Unix timestamp overflows (you know, like with the 2000 bug, but with computers that actually do important things).

Accountfailed

May 27, 2009
1. no, but just incase I should really pick up an "absolve yourself of sin in 60 seconds" pack
2. use said pack, MWAHAHAHA

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I feel sort of sorry for all the people who are sitting in their basements every day, waiting for their own little apocalypse and feeling unbelievably stupid.

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
1.) Mais non.
2.) I honestly don't know. Hang with my friends or hook up with someone or something.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
1. No

2. If anyone really needs me I will be drinking myself stupid
runnernda said:
1.) Mais non.
2.) I honestly don't know. Hang with my friends or hook up with someone or something.
There's always that, could be exciting.

Life_Is_A_Mess

Sep 10, 2009
Weather forecast for 21 of May:
From 10 to 20 degrees Celsius, cloudy and with a chance of Judgement Day!

Sorry, sorry, couldn't help myself.

1. No. (Since when is the Bible a reliable information source?)
2. I would remember this sentence and probably follow it through: "When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!"

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
How to make a thread get a lot of replies;

Make it about a predicted doomsday, regardless of how ridiculous it is.

Anyway,

1: No.
2: Probably run to Target to tell off all the Team Leads that pissed me off to no end. Kinda petty I know.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
I highly doubt that....many apocalypses have come and gone(real or imagined)and we've been just fine. I don't mean to sound like the denier who always dies first, but even if the apocalypse DOES happen, that doesn't mean we're all dead. some will survive.
And even if the apocalypse did happen, i'd make sure i've scratched off my bucket list and not die a virgin.