The world is going to end on May 21, 2011

Digitaldreamer7

Sep 30, 2008
Crazy_Man_42 said:
A date that kinda just pops up while we have a date that has been in books, had a few documentaries and a movie based on it. I do believe it's December 22, 2012 and thats from Nostrademu's i believe (it's been awhile since I have heard about him so correct me if I'm wrong)

I would go with that one first before the May 21, 2011 one because we have seen quite a few other dates given off throughout history from the bible and not one has come true.
Quoting the bible is just like using Wikipedia to write your term paper or thesis. There's nothing credible about it and you're going to get an F

1. No. 1k times no.
2. if it were, i'd fight for survival.

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:

Seriously, you check the death cults and you find someone convinced the world is going to end every day this damn year. I'll be glad when it's over.
You think this year is bad just wait till next year, 2012. The nutbags will be setting themselves on fire while still holding onto their cats.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
I saw a billboard for that while driving to school. I laughed.

1. No
2. Samething that I always do.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
Oooh, more biblical mathematics. Allow me to not give a damn.

1. No.

2. Taking days off of work to go have the fun I've never had.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
NeutralDrow said:
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
- Matthew 24:36

Thank you, Jon Stewart. Now, not only can I call out the bullshit, I have actual cited backing for it.
I get really annoyed when Christians come up with an actual exact date for Jesus' return, based on biblical passages The bible says it's impossible to know, so how can you? Good grief, spend more time reading the thing properly and acting on Jesus' teachings of love and compassion. It'll please God a lot more than creating paranoid interpretations of deliberately vague passages that are possibly symbolical. /religious rage.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
How many apocalypses have we lived through already? I think I'm up to a round dozen in 21 years.

1) Never happen
2) Finally going postal, probably in the style of Patrick Bateman.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
THE WORLD WILL END OCTOBER 3 2016

I wonder how far into the internet that date will become.

1.no
2. uhm. Idk.

SnowyGamester

Tech Head
Oct 18, 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unfulfilled_religious_predictions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulfilled_religious_predictions

I think that just about covers it.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
This is a classic example of cherry-picking passages to say what you want.

The references and connections they make are tenuous at best. The supposed time of the flood (if it is any more than an allegorical tale) is extremely debatable. There's also the fact that Revelations is supposedly based on a dream someone had (and I personally think it was actually a ploy by the early church to recapture a bit of the fire-and-brimstone of the Old Testament).

Last, but certainly not least, is the fact that any religious group that claims to predict the end of days is willfully ignoring the passage in the Gospels (one of the few biblical sections I have any faith in) in which Jesus clearly states: "No man shall know the day."

If I really wanted to I'm sure I could find references in the bible that say the end of days should have been last Tuesday.

King Crab

Jul 20, 2009
Spygon said:
No because it is my birthday

and if it did happen is would take more than the apocalypse for me to not enjoy my birthday so the bible better change its dates or i will stop the end of the world myself
. . . mine too.
birthday > apocalypse.

on a side note, I took a look at your profile and it seems that we were also born on the same year. Are you one of my clones? if so, we should get together, this could be like the start of an Akumetsu. hmm . . maybe that refrence is a little too obscure. well, I could still use you for spare organs, you know, If I felt the need to have an extra lung or kidney. I know! lets exchange organs for our birthday!

OT: even if it was the end of the world, I'd probably just sleep through it.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
No. Nostradamus had more merit and he was wrong.

Try to survive, and try to preserve the first season of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic for the next civilization to see.

And seriously, I would rather trust a real theologian and one I met said that 'Judgement Day' is supposed to weed out the evil and restore peace. So stay paragon kiddies.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
The Holy Bible gives several additional astounding proofs

Like how it explicitly states that supposedly no one but God will ever know the alleged day of judgement until it happens?

Some people are just looney. Honestly, if they're going to reference the bible, they should at least do their research.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
1: Do you think this is really going to happen?
Is the Pope Muslim?

2: If it were, how would you spend your last days?
If there was a giant asteroid coming to hit the Earth and destroy all, if not most, of humanity...

I'd probably go all hedonistic and greedy.
Ignore most, if not all, of 'the social norms' and just have a blast.

Before that giant rock hits I'd have done enough "immortal" actions, crime and villainy to last several lifetimes.