The World's LEAST hated video game developer

Droors

Aug 9, 2009
I've got to take the popular vote and go with Valve, but i'm gonna introduce one that no one has mentioned yet, Obsidian. I've loved all of their games (ignoring Alpha Protocol) but I may change my mind, depending on how faithfully they stuck with the originality of the Fallout series. Well, I guess now I have to wait until New Vegas ships.

Teeth Kicker

Jul 13, 2010
Really? I haven't seen any posts with the name "Konami" in them! Geez you can't go wrong with Konami :p

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
Valve or Bioware. Mostly because they seem to make decent games and don't screw over their fans.

Maybe Relic or PopCap as well.

Locko96

Jan 18, 2010
Okay.... I'd have to say Valve, Bioware, Bungie, Relic, Big Huge (come on! Rise of Nations!) and Ubisoft.

EA and Activision have a bad case of being massive cash whores.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
Im currently split 4 way between Valve,Bioware,Bethesda, and Bungie. All have excellent track records and big followings as well little insignificant sects of people who hate them for moronic reasons

plagueflames

Dec 23, 2008
valve for the big company.

amantia design and genius sonority for the smaller ones.
amantia made machinarium, which i havnt seen much criticism on, aside from microsoft being douchenozzels by not letting it on XBLA
GS for the pokemon gamecube games. though PBR was a large cop out for simple 3D battling. (arguing my own point here :/)

phohouse

Mar 13, 2010
If Rare were still around my vote would definitely be for them but they aren't so Bioware gets my vote. Maybe Valve.

KingTiger

Nov 6, 2009
Valve gotta be the best, No other developer gives free games(Portal and Alien Swarm), and countless DLCs, updates and maps for their games(TF2, L4D and L4D2).

Even CS:source and Half life 2 and episodes were updates and improved just recently despite them being released so long ago.

Also, they give the community the best modding tools and continuous support.

NO OTHER DEV does this! They all just suck your money! Valve once offered L4D2 for 10$ and tf2 for 2.5$!! Activision charges players 15$ for 5 maps which valve would give free as a SMALL part of an update. Bioware charges us for DLCs. Bethesda cut the support for fallout 3 already :/ despite many glitches remaining. Ubisoft are dicks for their freakin DRM...the most hated dev should be them.

Kinichie

Penguin Overlord
Jun 18, 2008
Valve, SimBin, id Software, Capcom, Volition (They did Saints Row 2 and Red Faction Guerilla, two of my favourite games) or Bioware - March Mayhem gives you a good indication of whom Escapists love.

I saw a vote for Relic earlier: They hate PC Gamers for pirating and blame us for it. So we arn't exactly lovers.

A vote for Ubisoft: Don't go there. I am contemplating suing them for Splinter Cell Conviction.

Randomologist

Aug 6, 2008
...Basically, anyone who regularly does well in the March madness tournament. I would say Valve or Insomniac, given that Pandemic and Westwood sort of don't exist.

Enigma6667

Apr 3, 2010
Bioware and Valve. Everybody loves at least ONE game from valve, and then with Bioware, no matter how much you would hate the controls (Mass Effect 1 anyone?) there was no denying that the developers were talented people who know how to write shit well.

Scryder

Dec 10, 2009
My fav is Paradox Interactive as they developed or published the majority of games I have played the most in the last year on my PC (currently Mount&Blade: Warband is occupying my free time). Also they have a very good forum where the devs actually interact with you the end-user.

Runners up will have to be Stardock & Valve for their regular sales.

As far as consoles my faves are Bethesda and Bioware (although I was very disappointed with what they gave with the collector's edition of ME2).

CobraX

Jul 4, 2010
Bioware is crap. Troll Statement Is Troll Statement. Also I pick Valve, they make great products and are well known and I don't think they've ever made a game that's disliked.

PS - My reasons my hating bioware: Mass Effect 1 and Sonic RPG. They where both terrible.