The World's LEAST hated video game developer

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
Chronamut said:
Valve used to be...but now that they have grown so big they seem to attract a lot of anger too.
I think I'll go with Bioware or Infinity Ward, although DA2 is getting a bit of hate.
Anger from what?

They give a lot of free stuff away and usually they smooth over bad relations like when they banned people playing MW2 accidentally (they gave the MW2 people a free copy of Left 4 Dead to play)

(I guess my bias is showing on who's the least hated game developer)

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
For me I'd say Valve and BioWare. I have yet to find a game with ether name attached to it I didn't love. Also Suda 51's company Grass Hopper, how can you hate them? They made No More Heroes and Killer 7.
ShadowsofHope said:
Bioware. Yes, I am a fanboy.. but fuck, they can deliver! As well, have some of the best writers for the video game industry at their disposal to really make those plot's hit the heart.
Hey there is no shame in being a BioWare fan boy. I'm a Bio fan girl my self mostly for the amazing writing they have in such games as Dragon Age and Mass Effect.

Sep 14, 2009
no where near being my favorite developer, in fact most of there stuff i just use for time eaters occasionally, but valve for sure, i hate the fanbase of it but the company itself is good to go with the games they do and they really offer a great service with steam

*bioware fanboy in me is hulking to come out*

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
Valve

Why? There's an article that you must not of read, where Valve fixed their mistakes by giving those afflicted by the mistake 2 free copies of L4D2, one for them and one to give to a friend. Anyone who is angry at them for giving away free things is obviously an idiot, sure people are upset they didn't get to get the free thing, but then it's their fault for not playing the game or having friends who play where they got afflicted by the mistake

Srkkl

Apr 1, 2009
I would say BioWare. I thought Activision was a publisher, not a developing studio.

ArianaUO321

Mar 20, 2010
Omikron009 said:
Bioware, Valve, or maybe Relic.

Also, your choice would be Activision? I thought they were universally regarded as the most hated game developer.
No, the most hated would be EA.

Jack Nettle

Mar 14, 2010
Valve, Bethesda, or Bioware. I think I'd choose Bioware, although fans got pissed off at the fact that they will not be making a KOTOR 3.

Additionally, anyone who says Ubisoft deserves a smack.

TiefBlau

Apr 16, 2009
Definitely Valve. Blizzard is already past the stage of money-grubbing Captain Planet villains.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Valve, Bioware, and Bungie. There's a difference between hating their games and hating them for the most part.

I Max95 said:
all developers are hated
but valve has never made a bad game so ill say them

EDIT: i want to say bioware but they make alot of RPGs and only recently when EA infected mass effect did bioware start moving toward the shooter audience
even though me and alot of people i know are trying to pull them back
Just because one game is more of a shooter then an RPG doesn't mean they're going to totally move away from RPGs. Just looks at Dragon Age. Though I want to see Jade Empire 2 to be honest. Plus, ME2 was a great game, and technically it is still an RPG as you're playing a role in the game with a good amount of customization.

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
Respawn. They havent released anything yet.
BTW some people do hate sucker punch, i have a friend who does

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Judgement101 said:
BioWare/vALVE/Bethesda/Infinity Ward/Pandemic Studios

Your pick.

PS: A LOT of people hate activision
A whole lot of people hate Infinity Ward.

I agree with the Valve part for sure though. That's what I was going to say, but, it seems that you have done my job for me.