The World's LEAST hated video game developer

Ve1ociraptor

Jul 3, 2008
What with their ever-lengthening track record of free stuff and the glory that is Steam, Valve is the obvious answer.

A year ago, I might have put BioWare on the list, but they've taken some flak due to ME2 and DA2

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Yea, it's Valve, though they do anger their fans quite a bit. Then again, Alien Swarm.

And honorable mentions to BioWare, Blizzard, and Bungie. Hating the games ("All haloz are teh sames!") is not the same as hating the dev, though a lot of ignorant people who actually haven't played Halo do seem to hate Bungie for some reason...a shame, really, as they are known for downright loving their fanbase.

daz_O_O

Click me I'm here!
Aug 27, 2008
Besides Valve/Bioware? Maybe Q Entertainment? Why would anyone hate the guys who made Meteos, Lumines and ported Rez HD? Child of Eden looks promising too.
I'd say Popcap, but they've probably ruined enough people's lives through Bejewelled and Peggle.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Omikron009 said:
Bioware, Valve, or maybe Relic.

Also, your choice would be Activision? I thought they were universally regarded as the most hated game developer.
I thought that was Ubisoft. Everyone I have spoken to hates them with good reasons

I would say either Valve or that old company Sierra, do they still make games anymore, I haven't seen any of their stuff lately.

gamepopper101

Aug 12, 2009
Treasure: with the possible exception being the Bleach games, name one title that wasn't a critical success. I think they would be more liked in the Western world since they improve most of their games between Japanese and US releases.

eljohan

Mar 25, 2010
Everyone forgets about Rare. I mean c'mon, Goldeneye N64? That surely cemented their un-hate-ableness???

General Ken8

May 18, 2009
Valve, Insomniac, or Sucker Punch
I haven't really heard anyone say anything bad about any of these developers

Belgian_Waffles

Jan 24, 2010
Valve, I mean their generosity, commitment to their fans, and all around great games makes them one of my favorite (and unhateable) companies.

Proco123

Jul 4, 2010
Most probably Valve.
also I think Team Ico may be quite loved for Shadow of the collossus and Ico.

A personal favorite of mine would be lionhead, as all of the games they have made have been awesome. But i know a lot of people hate lionhead just because Molyneux overhyped the first Fable and people still haven't forgiven him, It was a great game anyway afterall.

Imat

Feb 21, 2009
thethingthatlurks said:
Let's see...Valve made awesome games, and even provides some gratuitous extras on Steam. On the other hand, I'll set Gabe Newell's house on fire if I don't get any news on a HL2 sequel or EP3 soon. Or rather I would, if I had any idea where he lives. Google stalking ftw!
Then again, Bioware made the truly excellent Jade Empire, and has thus far failed to incite my pyromaniac urges. But, they went for the mmo instead of a KotOR3, though I'll wait until how well that turns out.
But let's go back a bit farther in time, late 90s, early 00s perhaps? What about Bullfrog? Or to you young'uns, the developer of Populus and Dungeon Keeper (that was before Molyneux became MS's ***** for hire)? Yeah, I'm gonna go with Bullfrog!
Not to mention Sim Theme Park, which is many times better than RCT...

I'm not sure who would be the least hated dev. I have a list that I would pick from, but odds are they are all hated for the most random of reasons. In the end, I'd just have to pick my own, and I'd say Blizzard. When updates for Starcraft I are still coming out, I have to believe they have one of the greatest dev/customer relationships in existence today, followed closely by Valve.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
xRagnarok19 said:
Cody211282 said:
xRagnarok19 said:
I'd go with Valve and the Blizzard from before the Starcraft 2 release.
I don't know about Blizzard, lot of people I know don't like them anymore.

OT: I would say probably BioWare or Relic, mostly because I don't hear to many complaints about them.
Did you actually read my entire post or did you just see Valve and Blizzard?
I said blizzard because of WoW, SC2 just pissed people off more.

Darktau

Totally Ergo Proxy
Mar 10, 2009
USmedik said:
Bethesda imho. Who could hate the people that made The Elder Scrolls?
and sued the company that originally made a franchise they took on?

dogenzakaminion

Jun 15, 2010
I'd say sucker punch as well...their games are good with no big blunders. cant see why ppl would hate them. at least not before they changed cole macgrath into nathan drake, but theyre changing that. woohoo!