The Worst Bands Ever

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
This thread makes me wonder what happened to Aaron Carter (tweenage singer, sort of popular among that group for a while, then stopped singing because they were waiting for his voice to change, or so I read).

CrashTestZombie

Mar 13, 2009
Metallica. I've listened to most of their songs, and think their instrumentals are decent, but the vocalist ruins everything. Is he supposed to sound like this? Do people like it when bands sing like they don't know their vocal range?

I thought Van Canto did a better version of Battery than Metallica.

Devi Darkside

Sep 3, 2009
I agree with the post against Nickelback and Seether, not due to me feeling they're generic (Let's face it, every band was inspired by another band/artist and/or many and they all use part of that in their music.) just that I find them to be boring.

I have to go with Miley Cyrus on this one (I know someone said it already..) only because she barely has a voice at all, it seems she's only famous because of her dad and most relevantly...She is so close to being a pedophile's vision of Britney Spears...

But thanks to her I have more respect for Radiohead for basically telling her to piss off and grow up. [http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1606914/20090312/radiohead.jhtml]

Edit: Also Hawthorne Heights...For obvious reasons...

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
Dyme said:

Actually the band isn't nearly as bad as that what I associate with them. But I just hate them.
Oh god, this girl in my german class used to play this through the speakers 0_0

AnnihilaSean

May 6, 2009
Y'all have clearly never heard these pieces of shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjMguKlazBg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCBSX0XDSVI

(Embedding video's is a process that eludes me to this day.)

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Hrm.. ok. Im debating about saying all of the above, but there are a few exceptions, so its moot.

Seems easier to do this.
99.9999999% of pop (from Elton John all the way to Kesha)simply due to the scale of history and its gargantuan library of crap)
99.999% of rap (IE:50 cent, Tupac, Dr Dre, Eimenenmeneniliketoeatmen)
99.9% of pop rock (Creedleback, Matchbox 20, ect)
99% of electronica and its derivatives. Seriously.. you can reduce the whole genera down to three songs.
98% of country (Johnny cash and thrash country that is bluegrass can only undo so much)
97.5% of punk (this is due to its decendents in Bubblegum punk, Emo, Screemo, ect. Syd Viscous would be rolling in his grave)
90% of metal and its derivatives.
90% of anything originating in the 80s... until it has been properly covered modernly.

Things of note:
On the metallica debate. Simply they were and are, the pop face of the big 4 of thrash. They have talent, but fact is they have watered it down over they years because well, they got old. (Lars wont even try to play the old stuff because he knows he cant pull off double bass like he once could)

SOAD: I do like SOADs studio albums, but as an actual band and as musicans, there pretty bad. Just watch them live. Serj has a unique style, that is neither good or bad, just unique, but he is perhaps the best musician out of the group. Yes their lyrics are subpar and tend to be repetitive with the political activisim involved.

Greenday: Honestly need to be brought up on charges of crimes against humanity for defiling a genera of music built on anger, and saying fuck you to the establishment, and turning it into a miserable excuse to make power ballads. Their greatest crimes however are the ungodly subgenras they spawned in their wake.

Avenged sevenfold: Dissapointingly bad. Yes some of their radio friendly tracks are pretty decent, but their other tracks on their albums are usually awful.

Nirvana: Most overhyped band of the 90s... sloppy, incoherent and nonsensical. Though, I respect live in new york was perhaps the single best complete album of the decade. the individual songs are just bad.

Audioslave: Chris cornell can ruin everything he touches. The musicans in Rage against the machine were phenominal... and while Audioslave merits a couple good tracks, the Bsides are horrendous, and Cornell manages an impossible feat in making a good band with one bad "singer" even worse

Alcohol: On that link that was posted. wow... just wow.. its Kesha without autotune.Seriously, if you have nothing more to say than your a cadre of drunken tease whores, then just keep your mouth shut, or well, do what you do best and keep your mouth full.

Fact is... all of this is just opinion, and we all know what opinions are like. Have fun quoting me to illustrate how wrong I am and Have a nice day

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
Skullman 125 said:
I know this thread has been done a thousand times before but I just found out Nickleback is coming to my city and it made me think of this topic. So I'll start:

5. Nickleback-obviously
4. Linkin Park-whiney, over-produced
3. Limp Bizkit-Durst killed Woodstock..........that's all I need to say!
2. Puddle of Mudd-Nirvana wannabees
1. Brockncyde-One listen & you'll understand!

These are my bands, I would like to see other opinions.

****I orginally had Red @ #2, but after hearing some of their music at the suggestion of another poster, I have changed my opinion.
Ever heard of Creed?

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
One other thing... Am I the only one who thinks Kurt Cobain didnt actually kill himself, that he just went away for a decade, and decided he needed to make some more money, cleaned himself up, got semi sober, and formed Puddle of mudd?

And somewhat on Nirvana.. Craig Kilborn said it the best. Foofighters, Better than Nirvana but its not cool to say so. Foofighters are pretty bad in their own right.

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
General Ken8 said:
Skullman 125 said:
AND THANK YOU FOR MENTIONING LINKIN PARK! I can't stand how everyone says how hardcore and amazing they are, when it just isn't that good.
I don't know why you bash Linkin Park like that. I do love their first two albums. The last one was, like Skullman said, Whiney and Slow. It was like they decided to turn themselves into the next Jame Blunt.

Hey wait... How come nobody mention him yet?

Skullman 125

Jan 25, 2010
Akalistos said:
Skullman 125 said:
I know this thread has been done a thousand times before but I just found out Nickleback is coming to my city and it made me think of this topic. So I'll start:

5. Nickleback-obviously
3. Limp Bizkit-Durst killed Woodstock..........that's all I need to say!
2. Puddle of Mudd-Nirvana wannabees
1. Brockncyde-One listen & you'll understand!

These are my bands, I would like to see other opinions.

****I orginally had Red @ #2, but after hearing some of their music at the suggestion of another poster, I have changed my opinion.
Ever heard of Creed?
Yes Creed sucks but they don't suck that bad.

ManaAdvent

Apr 16, 2010
My list:

Anything Disney related like Miley Cyrus, Jonas brothers, etc.
Naked Brothers Band
Black Out Band
Justin Beiber
Nickleback
Maroon 5
Anything Kids Bop
Most mainstream pop

Rawker

Jun 24, 2009
Dr. Feelgood said:
1.Avenged Sevenfold
2.Coheed and Cambria
3.Linkin Park
4.System of a Down
5.Any other generic bands that suck.
I almost feel like you're trying to troll people here. Avenged and SOAD, are a tad more mainstream, and the Linkin Park horse has been beaten to death, you're going so far as to say Co and Cam is generic? Really? you can hate the band, I don't care about your taste (or lack there of) in music, but one adjective that cannot be used to describe Coheed and Cambria is generic.

Rawker

Jun 24, 2009
DrEmo said:
MostlyHarmless said:
DrEmo said:
Rage Against the machine

Really? Just out of curiosity, why?

OT: I really hate the Jonas Brothers. They just aren't good on any standards. Also, Scary Kids Scaring Kids is pretty bad, in my opinion.
Because of this:

Pseudo-punk style with some anti-government attitude which is just rebellion through conformity. The rap is incredibly weak and the lyrics sound like a 15 year old white kid trying to be edgy and rebellious.
Also, the video sucks.
They were the most corporate punk band since The Knack

NordicWarrior

Aug 30, 2009
Someone reminded me of another band. I will stay with my original of the Dresdon Dolls, and I am going to add:

Radiohead.

Can't stand them.