The worst game of this generation.

Hoboape

Nov 15, 2010
ethaninja said:
TU4AR said:
Far Cry 2. I hated it. Just HATED it.
It was pretty shit. Just simple things for me in that game like, the enemy drove their car 100x faster then you. You had to have a gun out at all time. I'm not sure what it is about open world games like that, but the ability to holster my weapon goes a long way.

The bodies looked so nice, it would have been fun to see bullet holes in them after emptying a clip. Although that's just my bloodlust saying that.

There were a lot more things in that game that ground my gears.
I played Farcry until I realised that other than looking pretty the game didn't seem to have much going for it.
Take away the pretty graphics and its just a sub-par shooter were you get malaria for NO REASON!

Breaker deGodot

Apr 14, 2009
Hoboape said:
What is the worst game you have played on the current generation of consoles(home or handheld)?
For me it would probably be Too Human. It was just a slow clunky mess with about five enemy types which were reused over and over.

Although in a close second is Tom Clancy's EndWar simply because it refused to do what I told it to. The voice command was a poorly implemented gimmick and seemed to work depending on how the game was feeling that day.

So what are yours?
I didn't even know it was possible to be ninja'd by the OP, but it just happened (for Too Human, I mean).

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
A random person said:
Cheery Lunatic said:
Enchanted Arms.

Well, actually I didn't play it. I wouldn't touch the game with a mile long stick.
Technically, I watched my sister play it. God, it was so bad. She's a weeaboo and even she agreed it was awful.
My understanding is that it was marketed as a rare JRPG on the shooter-focused 360. It always struck me as something nobody would look at if it were on a more RPG-rich console.

Also, Other M, for reasons the internet's been over repeatedly.
I wouldn't say that, as Lost Odyssey was another JRPG that was 360 exclusive, and it was actual pretty good. Enchanted Arms just had no redeeming values to it...

OT:.....The Last Remnant. One of the last JRPGs I ever bought, and probably the reason why the genre is just about dead to me. EVERYTHING about this game was lousy, the horribly cliche story, bad interface, killing off the only likeable character halfway through (which is where I stopped playing) the half-assed strategy wannabe battles that were based FAR too much on random chance....honestly, I just hated everything about this game.

Queltherio

Oct 17, 2010
Final Fantasy 13. Didn't feel like I was actually playing a game, just watching a bunch of cut-scenes.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Cheery Lunatic said:
Enchanted Arms.

Well, actually I didn't play it. I wouldn't touch the game with a mile long stick.
Technically, I watched my sister play it. God, it was so bad. She's a weeaboo and even she agreed it was awful.
I dunno, I didn't mind it (except the English voices, god no).

I'd probably say X-Blades (made by the same guys who did Two Worlds...yeah).

EDIT: Also, Grey_Focks 2 posts above this has a very, very valid point about The Last Remnant.

luckshotpro

Oct 18, 2010
If I can use a game from 2003, Judge Dredd: Dredd vs. Death. It was just terrible.
And from this generation, I'd have to say Billy the Wizard: Rocket Broomstick Racing for the Wii. My brother, who was turning 10 at the time, got it for his birthday, played it once, never touched it again. That is until we traded it in.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Metroid Other M. There is not one single thing about it that is good. Not combat, not graphics, not story, not samus, not plat-forming. Nothing was good about it at all.

michiehoward

Apr 18, 2010
Final Fantasy 13.

It also gets my vote for most disappointing, and hugest let down game of this console gen.

Reasons: Overly linear, boring, horrible story/plot, almost as bad characters. Crap leveling symtem, boring, repetitive combat.

I could go on and on about how freaking upset I was about this game.

Orcboyphil

Dec 25, 2008
I really enjoyed both Two Worlds and Merchnaries 2.

Worst game was proberly Shadow Run, they forgot to put a game in there.

Zackary Yakumo

Mar 29, 2010
this isnt my name said:

It was repetative. No wonder the raider was posing like that, if I was stuck in that world I would lose the will to live too.
thats apsycho, not a raider XD JK JK. But i would have to say this game. Borderlands was more repetitive than any other game ive seen.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
ethaninja said:
IBlackKiteI said:
Mass Effect 2.

Nah, in all seriousness Operation Flashpoint 2.

Its not so much bad, just not good, at all.
Unless you play Co-op, but noone has the damn thing in the first place.
My brother and my mates played it Co-Op: It was heaps fun =D

On that note: Arma II. One of the buggiest games of them all. So unfinished. Couldn't even configure my controls properly. And I payed like, $60 for it.
Oh god, the AI in that. Before patching, it made Far Cry's super soldiers look like mewling babes.

300m, assault rifle to the face, you didn't even see him, and you were lying in tall grass in woods in a ghille suit.

Telris

Jan 3, 2011
rockingnic said:
Too Human and Two Worlds... No amount of words can describe the amount of pain just playing them.
Ditto.
I was really looking forward to playing Too Human but it ended up being a pile of crap, blegh.
Two Worlds is a case of So Bad It's Good, though the novelty wares off fast.
Imagine if you will an impossibly buggy (as in, "often freezes up entirely when you die" buggy) third-person Oblivion ripoff with a hero who runs around like he's got a load in his pants. No jump animation. One attack animation, maybe two if you count that goofy figure-eight swing he does. Send him out into the woods to fight bears and wolves in his quest to save two worlds one world while spouting the worst one-liners ever and talking to peasants who mispronounce every other word.
(Thanks TV-tropes <3)

Vicarious Vangaurd

Jun 7, 2010
ethaninja said:
On that note: Arma II. One of the buggiest games of them all. So unfinished. Couldn't even configure my controls properly. And I payed like, $60 for it.
You are now my sworn enemy. Have you ever patched it? After 1.5 whatever it runs smoother than marble flooring.

Assonabum

Jul 17, 2010
Turok. That shit-filled abomination didn't even deserved to be called a game.

Piss-poor voice acting, the most clichéd protagonist ever, god-awful gameplay, annoying camera, lame story, I could gone on forever.

Rand-m

Feb 8, 2009
Another goes to Two Worlds. I remember seeing a friend play it, and it looked hella fun, so when I saw it I splurged. I got stuck literally 20 seconds in, and literally could not pass a part 5 minutes in.

Damn good luck it had a 72 hour trade in policy. got Forza 2 for the same price, and that was a damn good investment.

Sh0ckFyre

Jun 27, 2009
Halo: Reach.

No seriously, probably Final Fantasy XIII. So fucking boring. I also didn't like the Xbox version of Quake 4 that much. (On the other end of the spectrum, Prey was badass.)