There Will Be Brawl: Episode Four

Disembodied_Dave

The Could-Have-Been-King
Feb 5, 2009
tustin2121 said:
Beautiful episode! There was Brawl!!

I'm not too sure about Star Fox Team's accents though. They had more Italian accents than the accents they should have - unless they change accents in the newer Star Fox games, which I haven't played and don't plan on because Nintendo changed Fox's look for the worse...
Actually I think their accents were suppose to be more Russian/Eastern European.

BustaJonesGavin

Mar 11, 2009
rosthouse said:
blackcherry said:
That was pretty good. Nice to see that the series can produce some scenes with serious acting chops. Gannondorf was brilliant as was the opening scene.

tustin2121 said:
I'm not too sure about Star Fox Team's accents though. They had more Italian accents than the accents they should have - unless they change accents in the newer Star Fox games
They haven't as far as I know, but I guess that all the characters have to fit into the noir style the writers seem to be using. Also adds to the 'immigrant' comments made throughout the video.
I think immigrants was more aimed to sonic and snake, cause they don't belong into the
nintendo universe at all.
Snake started on the MSX and NES if memory serves me right. ;)

johnnymcbadass

Jan 14, 2009
Obviously Snake, Sonic and Gray Fox represent the immigrants to the Nintendo universe, but yes, the eastern european accents of the fox trio do help give the entire setting that foreign feeling.

zimpirate

Mar 15, 2009
I like how Snake hid in the box after the fight, also I like how Grey Fox was laying on the ground.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
orannis62 said:
Wow, it's been a month already?

Anyway, still good, but the should maybe stay away from action scenes in the future. That scene was really dicey.
For the limited special effect technology they have access to, it was really good. I think the comparison of how little funding they have and the above-average skill of the actors creates a sharp contrast.

Great work, guys. Although the first scene, it was hard to understand what Luigi and Peach were saying. You might want to have had an external mic hidden under the bedstand.

i3ishop

Jan 8, 2009
laughed my ass off when the hyrulian cop called fox a furry
falco was awesome and ganondorf stole the show kinda reminded me of Daniel Day-Louis in gangs of new york

johnnymcbadass

Jan 14, 2009
Flying-Emu said:
Although the first scene, it was hard to understand what Luigi and Peach were saying. You might want to have had an external mic hidden under the bedstand.
I agree that the music overpowered the lines a bit. We're going to try to put together a final edit for you fine lads and lasses later this week.

Thanks so much for putting up with us in the meantime!

Arcyde

Nov 16, 2008
Ganondorf's acting was amazing and I loved how snake looked.

Another amazing episode.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
johnnymcbadass said:
Flying-Emu said:
Although the first scene, it was hard to understand what Luigi and Peach were saying. You might want to have had an external mic hidden under the bedstand.
I agree that the music overpowered the lines a bit. We're going to try to put together a final edit for you fine lads and lasses later this week.

Thanks so much for putting up with us in the meantime!
No problem! I really do love your guys' work. Can't wait until I get to hear those starting lines.

Argol228

Mar 14, 2009
Ganondorf was simply amazing and I can't wait to see bowser. Sonic's appearance reminded me of Zero punctuation, or Yahtze's opinions on Sonic rather. Another great episode that was made even more great by the juxtaposition effect of watching a bad video beforehand.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Finally got to see the video, and it was great yet again! Was surprised with the Eastern European accents on Star Fox, but it still made me chuckle. Nice costumes!

FinalValkyrie

Mar 11, 2009
Amazing episode. Love this series.

Like the crew from Star Fox, although lack of Peppy saying either "Use the boost to get through" or "do a barrel roll!" was lame, but still great.

johnnymcbadass

Jan 14, 2009
FinalValkyrie said:
Amazing episode. Love this series.

Like the crew from Star Fox, although lack of Peppy saying either "Use the boost to get through" or "do a barrel roll!" was lame, but still great.
Barrel roll jokes are integral to any and all creative endeavors, so we DO have one in one of the videos on our main site. If you guys aren't watching those videos, you're missing a lot of the story!