There Will Be Brawl: Episode Four

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Just keeps getting better and better and better...

HILARIOUS that Sonic was in a wheel chair XD

-Orgasmatron-

Nov 3, 2008
Man, I love this series. The Star Fox crew looked awesome, Snake reminded me of Lieutenant Dan from Forest Gump. Ganaondorf was different to how I excpected him to be, alot younger looking, I think this take on him could work well though, it's a good original perspective.

The only thing I hate about this series is that once the 10 minutes ends I know I gotta wait a month for my next fix.

Although with quality at this height it's understable why it's a months wait.

Otakuman

Nov 4, 2008
What they're doing with the characters is brilliant. Not one of them is just a carbon copy of their traditional identity. It's all a dark reflection of the smash brothers cast. Fox and Snake have personalities that would already fit into this world, but rather than use them unchanged we see immigrant gang leader Fox and homeless war veteran Snake.

I liked the use of Ness and Lucas at the end to show there was still something good in the world, but I was really hoping for a new take on those characters, epically considering how messed up the mother games are. Maybe we'll get a better look at them in a later episode.

The costuming was top notch, and excellent work all around. Defiantly looking forward to the next episode.

Sable Gear

Mar 26, 2009
Herb sewell said:
Cyborg Ninja was there you could only tell by his face when they knocked him on the ground.
So that's what that was, I was wondering because it looked familiar, I even took a screenshot to get a closer look, anyone care to explain the reference because it's lost on me?

http://i42.tinypic.com/4jm44o.jpg

EDIT: Oh I see, he's from the Metal gear series, figures I wouldn't know that one

Arvind

Apr 11, 2009
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
orannis62 said:
Wow, it's been a month already?

Anyway, still good, but the should maybe stay away from action scenes in the future. That scene was really dicey.
I agree, and during serious scenes like in the beginning with Peach and Luigi, stay away from swearing. When Peach said "Pull yourself the fuck together Luigi" it kinda killed the moment.
I agree, swearing should only be used when it's most necessary, otherwise it just detracts from an otherwise very excellent show.

Also, shall we see the characters that were shown in the earlier episodes ? There is still lots more room for their character development. Currently it's like all classic video game characters are making a cameo appearance on the show. It's still a stellar series though.

polygon

Jan 28, 2009
Egh, the fight scene was terrible. All the actions came across as limp-wristed and the choreography was disappointing at best. It's jarringly apparent against the good quality of everything else.

I like where you went with Snake and the spacies. And that better've been a chili dog that Sonic was trying to eat there.

Souldrinker

Apr 3, 2009
I think the fight scene needs a bit of work but overall the acting was extraordinary.
Hopefully the fix any mistakes

J.E.T.

Mar 9, 2009
Star Fox got me into gaming......this kinda creeped me out a bit, at least they didnt f*** with Krystal.

CanadianWolverine

Feb 1, 2008
Eric the Orange said:
Playable charicters yet to be seen...

Bowser
King Dedede
ROB
Jiggily Puff
Toon Link
Yoshi

Thats all I can think of.

EDIT: added Yoshi thanks to canadianWolverine
Oh, I thought of a another fairly major character of Super Smash Brothers, though it isn't playable to my recollection:

- Master Hand

I hope I got the name right, it is the boss at the end of one of the single player modes, I think the other was Koopa. But then, what do I know, I just own SSB:Melee, not entirely sure of all the little details in SSB:Brawl.

WilliamWhite1

Sep 27, 2008
I loved Gannondorf's performance on this; that man deserves some serious props. I bought into the whole spiel on how Hyrule was overrun due to economic crisis and how defeated he felt due to having lost elections. It almost sounded as though getting defeated by Link didn't make much of a difference at all; his prerogative was to win an election. XD

Anyway, good stuff. Good stuff.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
I laughed at the graffiti that said "Who watches the Game & Watch", pretty clever there.

AdamBomb

Jun 4, 2008
yeah the whole Sonic being in a wheelchair thing I took to be a hilarious stab at his horrendous recent gaming history. I think they're trying to say that Sonic is old and washed up and can't be helped anymore. I thought it was great.

Fox and Falco freaked me out. Period. That Fox costume was spot on.

I'm waiting now to see who the final boss is going to be, you know, the guy who's eating everyone. I think it's fairly obvious, but I won't say right now. It only became obvious after I sat down and thought about it really hard for a good 20 minutes after watching the video.

Man I love this stuff :)

Guilen-

Mar 14, 2009
Great episode, very different tone altogether, taking risks... awesome performances all around, the immigration concept really kicks ass. And quite frankly, I think the swearing you guys use is spot on (and Peach's delivery of that line is wicked)

Seriously though, Bowser, let alone a buddhist Bowser, has my hopes like Chong-HIGH hahaha. If he is stopping by the show, I implore you to put in extra careful consideration :) Could be a showstopper (not unlike Ganon, actually) Good lawd, damn near wish I could bloody well -audition- for the part hahahah

*sigh* another month :)