There Will Be Brawl: Episode Nine

Aug 30, 2009
with all the episode lengths if you were to make this a dvd it would be a movie, one of the better ones of all the movies coming out, wouldn't it be funny you you stumbled upon this in a movie theater? but anyway great episode, when the kid died i was about to ball my eyes out and funeral made me want cry until i could cry no more. I wonder how jiggily puff could come into use. guess i'll have to wait another month for the conclusion.

fishbeinb

Jun 13, 2009
So much happened
Love how they gave a wink to CF an ganon being clone characters
I love pokemon trainer
Everyone is great

Sephiwind

Darth Conservative
Aug 12, 2009
lotr rocks 0 said:
Sephiwind said:
Doug said:
Sephiwind said:
Wow... just wow. This episode was just freaking amazing. I was surprised to see the length and this episode didn't hold any punches. It makes you really wonder who is the the one pulling all the strings. Judging by what is all said it must be someone from a much older generation of video games.

Jeez wouldn't it be a trip if it was Pac-Man? That and Pitfall Harry are the only 2 actual named original video games characters I can come up with.

Really Pac-Man kind of fits the profile of the killer if you work on loose interpretations. For starters...

Fast: That could be interpreted since he needs to out run the ghosts.

Intelligent: He could be considered that since he had to guide around mazes.

Leaving the entrails behind could be the writers interpretation of when Pac-Man would eat the ghosts and only their eyes remained.

Can anyone else think of much older characters, that were original to the games, that fit the profile?
I think...if we go by what Browser said... that the oldest things are reclaiming the kingdom... that it'll be the oldest one of them all - the Pong Paddle! Not sure how they'd show that in episode, but still...
I thought about that and tried matching it up with the things we all ready knew about the killer. It didn't seems to fit all the criteria for the killer even though you can't get much older then pong. I really think though that the big boss will be someone actually recognized as an actual character. The pong paddles weren't really characters.
I personally think that the "person" behind all of the murders is Master Hand, turning all his kills into trophies (stuffing them and leaving their intestines...) I've thought this for a while, and before Bowser died he said something like "He'll be back, he has a prize to collect"
Sorry but I'm not really sure who Master Hand is. Probably a game I missed when I was a kid. If you are going by that statement the prize collection could also work in Pac-Man's favor as well since he also collected "prizes". You had all the fruit you could get at each level which could be construed as trophies.

Also some one pointed out earlier from one of my posts that Mario is also technicly an "old one" from back in the jump man days. Problem with htis would be Donkey Kong also fits this criteria of being old so as much of a Mind Screw as it would be for mario to actualy be the killer I doubt they would go that far.... but hey who knows?

Captain Kail

Sep 24, 2009
The ending was astonishingly sad. I didn't realize how much I loved the character of the Pokemon Trainer. You guys crafted a really poignant episode end with the late Pokemon Trainer staring gleefully at the camera, asking "Was I any good?"

And, Bowser's presentation just thrilled me. From his apologetic, deadpan "your princess is in another castle" to his explosive end, I loved it.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
I am so depressed now. I figured once that package showed up that was going to be it, and I honestly couldn't bare to look. I was hoping that I was wrong, but sure enough, that was it. I will drink tonight in his honor.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
I just got the Game Noir Badge for "watching every episode of there will be brawl." what does this mean? is it over? no real ending?!

Grand_Marquis

Feb 9, 2009
OH my god that was gold. The Mario 3 whistle, the one-liners, The Trainer's interpretation of the Pokemon song...gold.

I'll be pouring one out for the Trainer tonight. That kid was a soldier.

SkullCap

Nov 10, 2009
Supp said:
SkullCap said:
I personally think that the "person" behind all of the murders is Master Hand, turning all his kills into trophies (stuffing them and leaving their intestines...) I've thought this for a while, and before Bowser died he said something like "He'll be back, he has a prize to collect"

*Lightbulb* Oh Mama Mia, it all makes perfect sense. He can appear out of nowhere, has a personal arsenal of finger missles & lasers, and he can fly.

Master Hand is the Master Mind to this entire plan.

Master Hand commands the army of Mr.Game&Watch. He manipulated Ganondorf with promises of ruling the Mushroom Kingdom. Ganondorf then manipulated Zelda with false promises of power. Ganondorf used Olimar the Spaceman to create the explosive pills. Ganondorf said they would be used to "take care of the competition" and he used one to blow up Red's house. Why? Simple, because Red's a Pokemon Trainer and a Pokemon trainer basically commands powerful monsters. Red collected so many Pokemon that they would have been helpful to fight the army of MR.G&W's. Master Hand wanted to crush any possible threats.

Master Hand will be the one to truly control the Mushroom Kingdom. Ganondorf and Zelda don't know they are nothing but puppets; Master Hand is literally the HAND pulling the strings!

o_O.....Mama Mia.
Except, the creators have said on their forum that Master Hand and Crazy Hand aren't major characters at all.

Good try though.
Back to the drawing board i suppose.

Anorgil

Mar 24, 2004
Technically, the tune that Luigi played came from the original Legend of Zelda. And the recorder looks similar too. (Ocarinas didn't show up until A Link to the Past.)

I loved all the shout-outs, too.

I don't think we've seen the last of Link, given that he is still twitching on the floor the last time we see him. He could still have a red potion, or a fairy, or that Maxim Tomato extract that he mentioned in... episode 7, wasn't it?

Oh, and Samus does wear a few pieces of her Varia Suit in that striptease. I would like to see her put on the whole suit, but then again, I'm not in charge...

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
Wait, the tune that was the whistle being blown in SMB 3 was first done in LoZ?

Where and how?

Second, I doubt we'll see another Maxim Tomato. Link had troubles getting the tomato in the first place. More than likely, Navi will help him out and he'll go to save the day.

Still, it's sad that they killed Red. I was all for him being the killer with his Pokemon army...

Aktrez

Mar 13, 2009
Anorgil said:
Oh, and Samus does wear a few pieces of her Varia Suit in that striptease. I would like to see her put on the whole suit, but then again, I'm not in charge...
You want me to put ON clothes!? Woah, woah, woah ... that was NOT in my contract!!! :p

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
I love all the references in this episode. Ganondorf saying he and the captain are more like each other than you'd think because they have the same moves in the game, the flute, "Your princess is in a castle, and the remix of the pokemon song.

Also very exciting stuff storywise. Can't wait to see how it ends.

Anorgil

Mar 24, 2004
Gindil said:
Wait, the tune that was the whistle being blown in SMB 3 was first done in LoZ?

Where and how?
Every time Link plays the recorder, he plays that tune. He gets the recorder in the fifth dungeon.