There Will Be Brawl: Episode Three

Grandia3000

Oct 19, 2008
AHAAH! This is probally the best seriess on Escapist. These videos are fucking amazing and the plotline is surprising and funny at the same time. KEEP IT UP!!!

Lusperus

Aug 20, 2008
3:56 Kuriboh's foot massage, SMB3 reference.

4:00 poster in the back could be master hand.

Last thing in the credits the last song is Ganaon the BUTCHER possible lead?

Otakuman

Nov 4, 2008
This is pure Aces. On behalf of the internet Thank You for making this.

Honestly, I was surprised not to see Jigglypuff in Tingle's club. I hope you have something planed for he/she/it later on in the series.

Come to think of it, him, Fox and Ness are the only first stringers still to appear. Given the tone of the series I'd see Fox as a kind of John Wayne styled gun nut survivalist and Ness as a scary Psychic child in the style of The Shining or The Ring.

*Edit* Forgot about Yoshi and Pikachu. I don't know how you pull off the effects for either of those characters. You did a brilliant job on Kirby, but I guess some characters would be next to impossible without extensive CGI work.

Whatever you do with the characters I'm sure it will be gold. Great Work so far and I'll be eagerly awaiting the next episode.

Otakuman

Nov 4, 2008
Right, I forgot about that. I guess we could see Yoshi and Jigglipuff introduced in a similar way (Puppets) since neither of can them really talk (I mean outside of Mario RPG for Yoshi). I don't really expect any big characterization for either of them, but I am looking forward to their take on Fox and Ness.

Aktrez

Mar 13, 2009
zimpirate said:
Aktrez, were you uneasy at all about doing the strip scene?
Thanks for the great question zimpirate!

You know, it was actually a really refreshing role. I'm always cast so "Disney" because of my personality so it was nice to play something that is so dark and sensual.

The only thing I was uneasy about is how the internet would take it. I have dressed in scantily clad cosplay peices at Comic Con for years (as Emma Frost) and those tend to be used against me in my actual job (running a website for girl gamers) so, that was really my ONLY concern. People seem to forget that gamers have outside jobs/hobbies.

That said, it was probably one of the most fun roles I have had a chance to play to date and some of the most "fun" footage wasn't even used! :p

Aktrez

Mar 13, 2009
Father Time said:
so aktrez how did they approach you on the role?

Did they just find you and bluntly say "we need you to pretend to be both a stripper and a video game character." Did you know them before or what?
Other way around! I'm friends with Mercer and when I saw Brawl #1, I said "I have to be a part of this!" So, I asked him if there were any parts still available and he told me about Samus. At first I was hesitant but, when they changed it from painted body latex to a body suit ... I was in. ;)

Let me also point out I am a HUGE gamer. I've been gaming since I was 4 years old so when I saw the genius of Brawl, it just made sense to be a part of this awesome project.

Weldar

Jan 26, 2009
Argol228 said:
johnnymcbadass said:
Argol228 said:
Ok I love this series but Samus is unbelievable, I can not imagine Samus being a stripper and don't like it, especially since all the other characters are true to their original roles in some way.
Since some of you haven't played Brawl, I understand the confusion. If you HAVE played Brawl, it's only too obvious a choice.

That being said, if we weren't offending some people with a project like this, something would be terribly, terribly wrong.
1: I have played brawl and fully awear of Zero suit samus, 2: I am not offended in the least bit, It just didn't like her character. I just think of Samus as a bad ass bounty hunter and in the kind of society in there will be brawl I think she should be a could hearted bounty hunter that cares for no one.
That's the thing though, until recently Samus has always been the just a badass bounty hunter but Nintendo did kind of degrade her in Brawl with ZSS. I personally think her role in the show reflects this perfectly, having her as a stripper is kind of degrading but she still comes across as a very tough character who is capable of looking after herself.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Aktrez said:
.... At first I was hesitant but, when they changed it from painted body latex to a body suit ...
You meant there had been a possibility?! Noooo! ;)