There Will Be Brawl: Episode Two

SurgePox

Feb 8, 2009
I've been a long time fan of this series, and for anyone who's been looking to get a little more out of it there is an official There Will Be Brawl Website [http://www.therewillbebrawl.com]. With extra content, downloads, and a forum community. Please feel free to stop by.

-Orgasmatron-

Nov 3, 2008
This is excellent, can't wait for the next episode.

Everything is great about it, the way the characters are brought to life, the dialogue, the way the story is slowly panning out, but I'd also like to point out how awesome the music in this is. I've downloaded The Mushroom Kingdom Ballad and Ghosts of The Marble Hall from the previous episode and am also loving the music in this episode, my compliments to the muscians who are working on this.

Ryanator

Dec 20, 2007
Honestly I expected this series to suck but I've been really impressed.

Keep it up I can't wait for next episode.

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
I never expected serious themes like these to work with the happy go lucky world of Nintendo. I was skeptical when I saw the first episode, but now I'm completely sold. This is one hell of a series.

Dec 20, 2008
This episode seemed a lot slower than the first. Not as much seems to be happening. But that is understandable since the first episode is meant to set everything up. There is one thing I am surprised hasn't been pointed out yet. 1. Meta Knight should be dark blue, but he is pink. Did you just put accessories on the Kirby puppet?

TheIr0nMike

Mar 3, 2008
I'm going to go off on a limb and guess that Link is behind the killings. My other guess is that Zelda is the one who is behind it with Link being MacBeth to her Lady MacBeth (she is manipulating him to do it for her own reasons).

notoriouslynx said:
it felt alot more 'kiddy' and not as dark as i was hoping for. it was good, dont get me wrong, but i guess the pokemon trainer made it feel kinda make it have a kid feeling to this episode. the first one was better. but i liked both.
Not really, he just adds a little innosence to the show, a possibly either another vicim of the murders or Luigi's heir.

Moose Fisher

Feb 11, 2009
I'll never look at Kirby the same way again...

Pokemon Trainer is a bit too bright, but I'm guessing he's set up to either hit the ground hard or become a victim.

Keep up the excellent work!

henkk

Feb 15, 2009
this is the best serie ever! kirby is scary as hell, and meta knight is just awesome XD the story is very good to, and i love the atmosphere

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
I loved the Silence of the Lambs part, and how the Pokemon trainer was singing the opening to The Witcher.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
yeah the first one had more to it, but I guess it's cuz episode two is setting things up for more

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Enjoyed it all, even though many of the characters I needed to look up, heh (didn't get into Pokemons or JRPG/animeRPGs when I was young).

Not sure who the 2D guy is from (the cab driver).

Overall, excellent work, especially with Kirby and Metaknight.

EDIT:
Oh, and it was amusing to see Link and the bitchy version of Zelda. Damn princess made me run around for hours looking for her all over Hyrule! ;)

Sasha Janre

Apr 30, 2008
Doug said:
Enjoyed it all, even though many of the characters I needed to look up, heh (didn't get into Pokemons or JRPG/animeRPGs when I was young).

Not sure who the 2D guy is from (the cab driver).

Overall, excellent work, especially with Kirby and Metaknight.

EDIT:
Oh, and it was amusing to see Link and the bitchy version of Zelda. Damn princess made me run around for hours looking for her all over Hyrule! ;)
The cab driver was Mr. Game & Watch. :D

Fordo

Oct 17, 2007
I saw squirtle and I immediately thought... I know where this is going. =]

Awesome ep

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
This show is getting more and more interesting. Too bad I have to wait every month to watch a new episodes.

quovadis

Feb 16, 2009
Is the part with Pokemon Trainer singing for Luigi a reference to the scene with Pippin singing for Denethor in Lord of the Rings?

Both scenes feature someone in power eating, commanding a subordinate to sing. In both scenes, the singer is not a singer by trade, but somehow has this angelic voice, and the beautiful song is juxtaposed with scenes of violence.

Shoyuu

Oct 27, 2008
This is exactly what I needed to distract me from my essay~

I've been waiting for this episode since I saw the first one. Good job~ I'm very happy with how you guys are dealing with the Pokemon characters, anything else might be too awkward.

I can't wait for the Star Fox team to show up~

MatthewMercer

Feb 16, 2009
Hey, Matthew Mercer, Director of TWBB here. I wanted to personally thank you all for the inspiring comments, and I'm glad you are enjoying the series! It's a lot of fun, and a lot of work, so it's really rewarding to know you folks appreciate it.

We do have downloads/wallpaper/additional episode content on our main site, if you so wish to journey there: http://therewillbebrawl.com/

Also, I'm excited to see the reactions to Episode 3 next month. *rubs hands together maniacally*