They are trying to cancel Dave Chappell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Ah. Thanks for proving that your into crybulling
Dude what?

You walked into their space and were shocked that they didn't change for you in the analogy. That's not cry bullying. It's cry bullying to knowingly make said choice then get mad it went a way you should reasonably have been able to predict then get mad things weren't' change fully for you

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
More from Vito on about what happened at the protest from his view

His friend may now have ended up with brain damage after he had his head slammed into a concrete planter and he and his friend are being framed by certain blogs etc as having violently assaulted protestors and tried to choke them out which turns out video footage of the event shows is not what happened.

So yeh that whole "Don't we have freedom of speech" people pushing that angle can kindly stow it because it turns out the actual Netflix protestors have decided not only other don't get that freedom but if they dare to exercise it it's fine to try and give a person brain damage.
Fuck that transphobic contrarian brothers who make their bread being humiliated by people, and blessed be the people who tore them a new one and their signs a new one. The fact that alt right sites endorse this only makes my support for the cancellation of Dave Chapelle.

May we all live in a Breadtube that is Baked and Woke

Reactions: Kwak

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
You you demand a piece of media to be outright removed. Or a business to be outright close. Especially when no legal wrong doing has taken place.

For example, we've all seen reviews of bad video games right? Ride to Hell, Aliens Colonial Marines, etc. Those reviews exist to critque the work and tell people whether or not it is worth their time, or to avoid it at all costs. None of those reviews will demand a studio should shutdown, or that the people who made the terrible video game be fired or that every copy of the game should be destroyed
Cool. Just wanted to make sure because others have a very different concept of cancelling. They would say what you termed as critiquing would actually be cancelling. There was a very particular reason why I worded what you responded to first

So what about the guy in this story? What would you call how he was treated?

Reactions: Gyrobot

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
I'm genuinely curious as to if Daphne's routine sucked or if she was just playing trans jokes to an aggressively cis audience.

Because that shit's funny
Honestly, considering her quick response to the heckler was hilarious, probably a combination of the latter and just inexperience.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Dude what?

You walked into their space and were shocked that they didn't change for you in the analogy. That's not cry bullying. It's cry bullying to knowingly make said choice then get mad it went a way you should reasonably have been able to predict then get mad things weren't' change fully for you
This is what you said. The Welsh are bullying the English because they don't like them. Right? Or did you miss something in this scenario. It doesn't matter where it is, bullying is bullying. At this moment, you aren't capable of doing something immediately due to the publican holding the power.

And now you've made it into the English fault. Like, if that particular Englishman did something particularly wrong to those particular Welshman, I'd understand. Bullying a random Englishman just because he's English is just trying to get the Englishman to react or leave. Either way the Welsh got what they wanted. Which is the whole point of crybullies, get them to leave or to react so you can take a video of the other person getting angry

Is this why you run scared of Sorry Day and whatnot? Just because the English treated the Welsh poorly long ago, doesn't mean that the Welsh can treat the English poorly now, unless that particular individual is doing something wrong

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Huh, so that's where the Republicans are getting their polling. On this issue I don't care about whether comedians punch up, or down, journalists should be punching up, not comedians. But we live in an upside-down world where journalists punch down, and comedians punch up.

I don't know if the republicans will win on trans issues or CRT, maybe given how much they are starting to control school boards.

Also if the democrats respond to this issue by forcing regular people like me to take time off from college, jobs to mandate that regular people be forced to sit in on school board meetings, or do jury duty on school boards. They will lose the single people, and who will say Hell no, I have no kids. Let the parents deal with it.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I'm genuinely curious as to if Daphne's routine sucked or if she was just playing trans jokes to an aggressively cis audience.

Because that shit's funny
Dunno, might be a video that surfaces of it at some point later though. 🤷

So what about the guy in this story? What would you call how he was treated?
He is a jackass. But he wasn't cancelled because you aren't really allowed to disturb people in a public space. And Target has rightfully banish you from their store if you are harassing other customers. Which is why protests usually take place outside.

Dude is within his rights to protest in the parking lot or whatever if he wanted. But everything about this screams "Do it for the gram!" to me tbh.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
So, I was going to reply to your earlier points (I was just taking a break), but then I saw this turd;
More from Vito on about what happened at the protest from his view

His friend may now have ended up with brain damage after he had his head slammed into a concrete planter and he and his friend are being framed by certain blogs etc as having violently assaulted protestors and tried to choke them out which turns out video footage of the event shows is not what happened.

So yeh that whole "Don't we have freedom of speech" people pushing that angle can kindly stow it because it turns out the actual Netflix protestors have decided not only other don't get that freedom but if they dare to exercise it it's fine to try and give a person brain damage.
And then realized I wouldn't need to. So, um...how about you stow it with these cunts? They were not counter-protesting on some corner somewhere before a van pulled up and the women with baseball bats appeared. They were not even on the other side of the fucking street. They waddled right into the middle of their protest. And they were not there to have some thoughtful debate, they came there to shut them up. And of course their video footage wasn't going to line up, did you think these chuckle-fucks would pull this shit and then leave the instigating shit in their inevitable "look how mean they were to us" video (the Chappelle cunts, since I know you). Like, I could just go on and repeat the same shit I already said, but then the funniest thing happened, and I don't need to now;
Dude what?

Fucking hilarious. I thought the most embarrassing thing about this shit-show would be the whole 'crashing a protest to show how totally not dicks we are', but then I saw that thumbnail where he describes themselves as 'comedians'. Christ.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
This is what you said. The Welsh are bullying the English because they don't like them. Right? Or did you miss something in this scenario. It doesn't matter where it is, bullying is bullying. At this moment, you aren't capable of doing something immediately due to the publican holding the power.

And now you've made it into the English fault. Like, if that particular Englishman did something particularly wrong to those particular Welshman, I'd understand. Bullying a random Englishman just because he's English is just trying to get the Englishman to react or leave. Either way the Welsh got what they wanted. Which is the whole point of crybullies, get them to leave or to react so you can take a video of the other person getting angry

Is this why you run scared of Sorry Day and whatnot? Just because the English treated the Welsh poorly long ago, doesn't mean that the Welsh can treat the English poorly now, unless that particular individual is doing something wrong
It's literally their pub though. Does every space have to adjust to accommodate you and your sensibilities? If it were out on the street sure you'd have more of an argument but going into their pub? To them is an act of provocation.

It would be like me objecting to the lack of gratuitous violence in Rom Coms then claiming it's unfair when people called me a fool. I went into said space and should be at least somewhat aware of what the space would be like and some of that the space may not be for me.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So, I was going to reply to your earlier points (I was just taking a break), but then I saw this turd;

And then realized I wouldn't need to. So, um...how about you stow it with these cunts? They were not counter-protesting on some corner somewhere before a van pulled up and the women with baseball bats appeared. They were not even on the other side of the fucking street. They waddled right into the middle of their protest. And they were not there to have some thoughtful debate, they came there to shut them up. And of course their video footage wasn't going to line up, did you think these chuckle-fucks would pull this shit and then leave the instigating shit in their inevitable "look how mean they were to us" video (the Chappelle cunts, since I know you). Like, I could just go on and repeat the same shit I already said, but then the funniest thing happened, and I don't need to now;
They didn't come there to shut them up they came there just to show support for Dave Chappelle and show that the protestors weren't some crazy mob and maybe they too actually cared for artistic freedom. Turns out the protestors couldn't just put up with two guys who they could have go "Yes we agree we don't want Dave gone" and that would have effectively silence Vito and co in moments by even acknowledging their points but they didn't. It's also funnily enough a common tactic used by the kind of people in the Netflix protest against groups they disagree with like I dunno turning up to a protest by people objecting to the lack of of action about sexual abuse tocall all the people who want to end sexual abuse fascists

I mean for fucks sakes you can see the footage in Vito's case where his friend is alleged to be trying to "Choke a guy out" when in reality the guy was trying to steal his sign.

Fucking hilarious. I thought the most embarrassing thing about this shit-show would be the whole 'crashing a protest to show how totally not dicks we are', but then I saw that thumbnail where he describes themselves as 'comedians'. Christ.
And yet the protest was on a public space. It's public so Vito and his friend had as much right to be there as anyone else and compared to the video I just posted they were far less inciting or trying to start stuff. Their message was very tame but even that wasn't acceptable it seems.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Added new info.

In a stage show Dave Chappelle has said he's been dis-invited from film festivals he was previously invited to, to do screening a film he made in lockdown due to the Netflix protest.

He also had a bit of a joke about the protest saying how They claimed the protestors invite him to talk to them but that's not true they didn't. Also he hears them that they want to a safer environment at the Netflix office but it seems like he wouldn't be safe to go to said offices. He says how most of the LGBTQ community he knows in person are good people and accuses the protestors of being corporatists trying to use corporate power to try and make it so they get to say what people can and cannot say. He also expressed gratitude to the head of Netflix for standing up for him and potentially being he one to now show his new film as distributors for the film have also started backing off due to the controversy. He also says he will happily have an audience with members of the Trans community but he will not bend to their demands and he will not be summoned to come on demand. He also has conditions:
1) They must actually have watched his special
2) He will choose the time and place
3) They must admit Hannah Gadsby isn't funny (pretty sure this last one was a joke)

Dave will now be working to get his film shown in 10 US cities. So yeh gonna be interesting to see if the protestors will turn up to protest his film.

Also this apparently has now happened

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
It's literally their pub though. Does every space have to adjust to accommodate you and your sensibilities? If it were out on the street sure you'd have more of an argument but going into their pub? To them is an act of provocation.

It would be like me objecting to the lack of gratuitous violence in Rom Coms then claiming it's unfair when people called me a fool. I went into said space and should be at least somewhat aware of what the space would be like and some of that the space may not be for me.
For racism? Yes

Like, why would anyone attack a racial group because of what their ancestors did?

What kind of fucked up pubs do you have there were segregation is cool?

Edit: @Agema. Does the UK not have laws against racism?

Reactions: Gyrobot

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
For racism? Yes

Like, why would anyone attack a racial group because of what their ancestors did?
Oh man, are you serious?

That's literally part of modern "Progressive" policies and why it's not about equality but equity now.

What kind of fucked up pubs do you have there were segregation is cool?
Welsh pubs. Which you learn quickly enough not to go in. The return is you don't get the Welsh Nationalist in other pubs instead. Do Pubs and bars not have certain kinds of clientele where you live? No Biker bars or some old gun nut bars or something?

Edit: @Agema. Does the UK not have laws against racism?
You wanna tell the hardcore Welsh lot to stop hating the English feel free to try lol.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Oh man, are you serious?

That's literally part of modern "Progressive" policies and why it's not about equality but equity now.
Nah, that's just stuff you make up. See plenty of other threads for proof of that. Just because Tucker speaks, doesn't mean it true.

Also, the conservative English did such a bang up job 👏👏. You cant even go to pubs in your own borders. You should be proud.

What a great story. I'm going to be sharing how conservative in England got themselves into this position with everyone I know. It's like the banana farms in Guatemala leading to the army being banned from most of the country. How did you fuck up that bad?

BTW, I don't know any Welsh people. I do know plenty of Irish though. The lower bit. They hate the English. With a passion. But the individuals? No. They can tell the difference betwen a government and its citizens who are (generally) innocent

Status
Not open for further replies.