Things a single person managed to ruin for everyone

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Trivun said:
In b4 Stephenie Meyer ruining vampires. If ANYBODY DARES post that here I will be so pissed off. If you don't like Twilight then don't post about it, just ignore it. Nobody forced you to watch/read it or hate it.
I think I love you.

Trivun said:
Anyway, I'd say that Gordon Brown managed to ruin British politics for everyone.
Oh wait, no I don't.

OT: The economy. By that banker prick.

Aug 25, 2009
Amnestic said:
whiskey rock n said:
Kuchinawa212 said:
Damn Double Ninja'd with twilight vampires
Need to pick a new one...hmm she wrote about werewolves too right? Ok, She ruined werewolves too
I think I'll get in on this and just say she ruined the entire art of literature...*****
I truly, truly hope you're being facetious.
Of course I am...everyone knows Dan Brown accomplished that long ago.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Trivun said:
In b4 Stephenie Meyer ruining vampires. If ANYBODY DARES post that here I will be so pissed off. If you don't like Twilight then don't post about it, just ignore it. Nobody forced you to watch/read it or hate it.
In a related tangent. I hate whoever created Internet forums because it allowed isolated pockets of fanboys to congregate in places outside of conventions. Their presence on the internet makes it hard for people to hate things.

Now back on topic, I hate Joss Whedon for starting the popularity of modern day Vampires. Because of his creation, Buffy, things like Twilight, the Vampire Diaries, and the other derivative works, are mainstream.

As to the whedonites out there: Deal with it Whedonites. He started the ball rolling by making Vampires commercially successful.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
-Orgasmatron- said:
That bloke who shot up a primary school in the 90s ruined guns for us Brits.
This is supposed to be ironic/sarcastic I take it.

OT: Far Cry 2 ruined fun, ho ho.

Relax, I'm joking - just couldn't think of one.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
The Game.

see? it's such a simle combination of two often used words that i don't feel comfortable saying anymore. Whoever came up with that is the biggest prick ever.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
the columbine kids ruining trenchcoats. I wear a trenchcoat all the time, but now everyone just screams out columbine whenever they see me.
Oh and Halo made it a law that 60% of the video game market is now bland FPS games.

-Orgasmatron-

Nov 3, 2008
Woodsey said:
-Orgasmatron- said:
That bloke who shot up a primary school in the 90s ruined guns for us Brits.
This is supposed to be ironic/sarcastic I take it.

OT: Far Cry 2 ruined fun, ho ho.

Relax, I'm joking - just couldn't think of one.
No, really, gun controls weren't as strict in Britain before that nutcase went on a rampage. Now you can't say the word 'gun' without getting a dodgey look. Let's not get into the pros and cons of Americas guns policy vs Britains though, because we'll be here all night.

AWC Viper

Jun 12, 2008
Teens and alcohol abuse ,No more underage Drinking for me.

Paris hilton and Reality Tv star's Credability

Dan506

Jan 3, 2009
Drakmeire said:
the columbine kids ruining trenchcoats. I wear a trenchcoat all the time, but now everyone just screams out columbine whenever they see me.
Trench coats were ruined long before Columbine, only now they make you unstable where before they made you a tosser.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
whiskey rock n said:
Amnestic said:
whiskey rock n said:
Kuchinawa212 said:
Damn Double Ninja'd with twilight vampires
Need to pick a new one...hmm she wrote about werewolves too right? Ok, She ruined werewolves too
I think I'll get in on this and just say she ruined the entire art of literature...*****
I truly, truly hope you're being facetious.
Of course I am...everyone knows Dan Brown accomplished that long ago.
Yes. Two authors managed to ruin over 2000 years of literature.

I'm astounded by the intelligence of your statements. Now I'm going to go over here and bang my head against a wall.

I almost want to like Twilight just to annoy you persistent wankers. Almost.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
Lullabye said:
The Game.

see? it's such a simle combination of two often used words that i don't feel comfortable saying anymore. Whoever came up with that is the biggest prick ever.

FFFFUUUUUU-

I lost ;_;

OT: Jonas Brothers ruined what used to be Rock, now my little sister thinks she's hardcore, but if I show her AC/DC she's all "ewwww".

and I'm counting The Jonas' as a hive mind so they are one person.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Ohten said:
Trivun said:
Burying your head in the sand doesn't make something that's as major an insult to literature as calling someone's deceased mother a cheap street walker go away. Most people hate Twilight for one very, incredibly simple reason. It's bad. It's a horrifically terrible piece of work that doesn't deserve a shred of the popularity it got because the individual who crapped it out has a tenuous-at-best grasp of fiction writing and her writing is choked to the gills with blatant Mary/Gary Sues and deus ex machina that becomes so commonplace you never really need to bother becoming emotionally invested in Helpless Jane, who seems hell bent on setting back the feminist movement a century, or her verbally- and mentally-abusive stalker undead special-snowflake boyfriend.

So I'd say Meyer sure did ruin vampires and werewolves for me with that horrendous, steaming pile of text so many emotionally-damaged 10-year-old girls think is the be-all end-all of fiction literature.
malestrithe said:
Trivun said:
In a related tangent. I hate whoever created Internet forums because it allowed isolated pockets of fanboys to congregate in places outside of conventions. Their presence on the internet makes it hard for people to hate things.

Now back on topic, I hate Joss Whedon for starting the popularity of modern day Vampires. Because of his creation, Buffy, things like Twilight, the Vampire Diaries, and the other derivative works, are mainstream.

As to the whedonites out there: Deal with it Whedonites. He started the ball rolling by making Vampires commercially successful.
Can people please not complain about me hating people who hate Twilight? I don't hate those people if they actually read the books or saw the films. Those people have the right to criticise it. I don't mind them. It's when people post because it's 'cool' to hate Twilight and haven't actually read the books or seen the films. I like Twilight. That's true. But I know that it's badly written and I hate Edward Cullen with a passion, the only characters I really like more than a passing thing are Alice and Jasper, and Jacob to a slight extent. That doesn't stop me liking it. And I'm definitely not a Twilight fanboy. I'll defend anything that people hate because it's popular, not just Twilight. And for the record, yes, I did like Dracula. But people also say that Twilight 'ruined' vampires. It didn't. It simply looked at them from a different perspective, which even Dracula did, since Dracula was by no means original, but rather stole a lot of story and vampire features from various legends and myths, plus the life story of Vlad Tepes.

And now, moooooving on...

nativebelle said:
Trivun said:
Anyway, I'd say that Gordon Brown managed to ruin British politics for everyone. He gives massive amounts of power to the Scottish and pretty much lets them have independence all but officially, and he sells us all out to the EU. No wonder us students have such a reputation for being apathetic, when politicians like this make us all so disillusioned with the current system...
Most students don't give a toss about politics, not because GORDON BROWN IS RUININ THE COUNTRY OMGZZZ! or some other sensationalist Sun headline, but because they don't think it even affects them or are dissollusioned with the whole system. It isn't Gordon Browns fault, if you think about it he's just had some verrrry harsh press.
Gordon Brown giving power to the scottish? The idea for scottish devolution was certainly not his and frankly, I think it's fine for scottish people to rule themselves, especially since the SNP won the election there.
secretsantaone said:
Trivun said:

Anyway, I'd say that Gordon Brown managed to ruin British politics for everyone. He gives massive amounts of power to the Scottish and pretty much lets them have independence all but officially, and he sells us all out to the EU. No wonder us students have such a reputation for being apathetic, when politicians like this make us all so disillusioned with the current system...

EDIT: Dammit, ninja'd by a few seconds...
But Meyer DID ruin vampires. Now whenever anyone mentions a vampire book, the instant comparison is to Twilight. Hence, ruining the genre.

Scottish having independence? Haha no.

Even if they did, what would be so bad about that? If they want to be independent, let them.

Sure Gordon Brown may not be the best PM ever but he's a long shot from the worst. If his policies don't fit in with your ideology, it doesn't make him a bad Prime Minister.

You aren't disillusioned. You're just playing the blame game.
Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Scotland being independent. That's fine. If Scotland don't want to be part of the UK any more then fine, as far as I can tell they never wanted to be part of the UK in the first place and they've fought in various ways for independence for 400 years. What gets me annoyed is that Gordon Brown piles millions, billions even, of pounds of taxpayers money into the Scottish economy, leading to deficits for English and Welsh projects. If Scotland want to be independent so much then why can't Brown simply let it happen and make Scotland a new country seperate to the rest of the UK. And then they can sustain themselves from their own taxes, recieving only small subsidies for a time from us while they set things up and then leave them to sustain themselves like any other country.

Brown is incompetent. There's no denying that. I vote Conservative, but even then I don't agree with all of the Tory policies and see that although things are moving forward there is still a degree of upper-clss elitism among the Tories. I vote for them because they're the lesser of two evils. Lib Dems would be a waste of a vote, I'll commit suicide before I ever vote for the BNP, I agree with the UKIP on their policies but they don't have a realistic chance of gaining a majority in the next few years, and any other party save for Labour would be a waste of a vote. So Conservative it is. But Brown is not a good leader. We may have seen worse, but he just isn't doing a good job in general, and the massive no confidence crisis a couple of years ago just confirmend this. And we didn't elect him either, which makes it even worse. When Blair stepped down a General Election should have been called straight away so the public could decide who they wanted to take power. Brown was a great Chancellor, but when he became PM things went downhill. Granted much of that was due to Blair, and Brown had to do the best he could in a bad situation, but he failed, and since then things have only gotten worse.

P.S. Sorry for the huge Wall'O'Text, but there was a lot I wanted to get into my post, not to mention the quotes.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Dan506 said:
Drakmeire said:
Trench coats were ruined long before Columbine, only now they make you unstable where before they made you a tosser.
try watching any episode of Seinfeld or the X-files, they were everywhere , don't call agent fox Mulder a tosser.

TurkeyProphet

Aug 18, 2009
IMDB boards (assuming ever poster is one person...) for not only spoiling the end of every film ever but also just being so darn disparaging about everything.

My friend Steve for showing me videos of animals being grinded up and whilst not destroying my love of meat making me feel dirty for eating it as well as countless other horrifying images he has shown me that have probably ruined my life.

Steve has also ruined the English language for me, I can't type or write anything without being paranoid about the spelling, grammar, punctuation or pronunciation.

To be honest Steve hasn't been a great influence on my life, he even ruined the ending to GTA4 for me.

My friend Carol for ruining my image of lesbianism.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Trivun said:

EDIT: Dammit, ninja'd by a few seconds...
No worries. Buffy ruined vampires for me before Twilight anyway.

Now werewolves on the other hand...

JemJar

Feb 17, 2009
Some odd Middle Eastern chap ruined relaxed airport security rules and the ability to do things like take a small bottle of apple juice on to a plane.

Kazturkey

Mar 1, 2009
Trivun said:
Vampires were ruined by stephanie Meyer.

Now for my real answer, Stalin ruined Communism entirely.