Things a single person managed to ruin for everyone

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
hopeneverdies said:
Trolls, they ruin good threads.

Gangstas, when I think of gangsters, I really like thinking of people like Al Capone and Clyde, not the person who thinks he's the biggest mofo around. Then again, I think they did too.
No offense, but the point of the thread was things a single person ruined.

Amnetic

Apr 20, 2009
Angerwing said:
Edward watched Bella sleep before she even liked him.

Now I can't break into random girls houses and watch them sleep without them falling in love with me... Bastard vampire.
..You'd do that?
That's a tiny bit creepy.

But I lol'd anyway.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Trivun said:
Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Scotland being independent. That's fine. If Scotland don't want to be part of the UK any more then fine, as far as I can tell they never wanted to be part of the UK in the first place and they've fought in various ways for independence for 400 years. What gets me annoyed is that Gordon Brown piles millions, billions even, of pounds of taxpayers money into the Scottish economy, leading to deficits for English and Welsh projects. If Scotland want to be independent so much then why can't Brown simply let it happen and make Scotland a new country seperate to the rest of the UK. And then they can sustain themselves from their own taxes, recieving only small subsidies for a time from us while they set things up and then leave them to sustain themselves like any other country.

Brown is incompetent. There's no denying that. I vote Conservative, but even then I don't agree with all of the Tory policies and see that although things are moving forward there is still a degree of upper-clss elitism among the Tories. I vote for them because they're the lesser of two evils. Lib Dems would be a waste of a vote, I'll commit suicide before I ever vote for the BNP, I agree with the UKIP on their policies but they don't have a realistic chance of gaining a majority in the next few years, and any other party save for Labour would be a waste of a vote. So Conservative it is. But Brown is not a good leader. We may have seen worse, but he just isn't doing a good job in general, and the massive no confidence crisis a couple of years ago just confirmend this. And we didn't elect him either, which makes it even worse. When Blair stepped down a General Election should have been called straight away so the public could decide who they wanted to take power. Brown was a great Chancellor, but when he became PM things went downhill. Granted much of that was due to Blair, and Brown had to do the best he could in a bad situation, but he failed, and since then things have only gotten worse.

P.S. Sorry for the huge Wall'O'Text, but there was a lot I wanted to get into my post, not to mention the quotes.
Agreed on pretty much everything. Brown just looks worse than he is because Blair timed it to perfection so that EVERY timebomb he juggled throughout his time as Prime Minister landed just as Brown walked through the door of Number 10.

Of course, Brown IS a bad leader, but not the worst.

I'll vote either Conservative or Lib Dem. The BNP can go hang themselves for all I care, racist, facist bastards.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
AWC Viper said:
Teens and alcohol abuse ,No more underage Drinking for me.

Paris hilton and Reality Tv star's Credability
No more underage drinking? Dude, play it safe like me and have a sneaky beer at the weekend. Still responsible, not going out on a binge or anything, plus I educate myself in the alcohol scene gradually.

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
Trivun said:
In b4 Stephenie Meyer ruining vampires. If ANYBODY DARES post that here I will be so pissed off. If you don't like Twilight then don't post about it, just ignore it. Nobody forced you to watch/read it or hate it.
Its hard to ignore it, when people keep bringing the damn subject up!!! :mad:

Anyway, I would like to say the name "Adolf" has been ruined, for obvious reasons.

AWC Viper

Jun 12, 2008
Captain Pancake said:
AWC Viper said:
Teens and alcohol abuse ,No more underage Drinking for me.

Paris hilton and Reality Tv star's Credability
No more underage drinking? Dude, play it safe like me and have a sneaky beer at the weekend. Still responsible, not going out on a binge or anything, plus I educate myself in the alcohol scene gradually.

sounds good but i have too modes. fully plastered or sober.

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
malestrithe said:
Trivun said:
In b4 Stephenie Meyer ruining vampires. If ANYBODY DARES post that here I will be so pissed off. If you don't like Twilight then don't post about it, just ignore it. Nobody forced you to watch/read it or hate it.
In a related tangent. I hate whoever created Internet forums because it allowed isolated pockets of fanboys to congregate in places outside of conventions. Their presence on the internet makes it hard for people to hate things.

Now back on topic, I hate Joss Whedon for starting the popularity of modern day Vampires. Because of his creation, Buffy, things like Twilight, the Vampire Diaries, and the other derivative works, are mainstream.

As to the whedonites out there: Deal with it Whedonites. He started the ball rolling by making Vampires commercially successful.
That... Is a good point and I salute you. Whedon would be Meyer's enabler and that is kinda sad.

Trivun said:
Can people please not complain about me hating people who hate Twilight?
How about no? No works for me. You want to complain about people complaining thus you shouldn't be surprised or expect special dispensation when you complain. It works both ways. If you want to make the rash assumption that anybody here complaining about Twilight hasn't done some kind of personal research into the matter then you open yourself up to being criticized as a fan.

It is that whole golden rule of bullshit. If you want to say bullshit, you deserve bullshit. That goes for everybody, especially me.

TheMatt

Jan 26, 2009
Trivun said:

EDIT: Dammit, ninja'd by a few seconds...
Who the hell are you to tell people what they can and cannot post? She did ruin the word twilight for everyone. she ruined vampires as well. Pre her vampires were bad ass, now they sparkle. So go ahead and be "so pissed off" CAUSE I DARED.

The Sorrow

Jan 27, 2008
Don King ruined boxing.
Stick that bastard in the ring with Hearns or Morrison or ANY of the old heavy-hitters and watch the ratings flow in. Bonus points if he gets punched so hard his bank accounts spontaneously go empty.

Helimocopter

Oct 5, 2009
Amnestic said:
whiskey rock n said:
Amnestic said:
whiskey rock n said:
Kuchinawa212 said:
Damn Double Ninja'd with twilight vampires
Need to pick a new one...hmm she wrote about werewolves too right? Ok, She ruined werewolves too
I think I'll get in on this and just say she ruined the entire art of literature...*****
I truly, truly hope you're being facetious.
Of course I am...everyone knows Dan Brown accomplished that long ago.
Yes. Two authors managed to ruin over 2000 years of literature.

I'm astounded by the intelligence of your statements. Now I'm going to go over here and bang my head against a wall.

I almost want to like Twilight just to annoy you persistent wankers. Almost.
i like to be a douche to people making jokes on the internet too!

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
This isn't really one person but Stalin, Kim Jong Il and Chariman Mao gave communism a bad name because they're power hungry fuck tards who exploited their powers which is the exact opposite of what communism stands for.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
someboredguy said:
George Lucas and Star Wars.
i beg to differ, i think the movies are his best work, anything else he is involved with now is just stupid. With the clone wars, another movie on the way sometime in the god forsaken future and even more cartoons the series is getting on my tits!

xenopuff

Nov 26, 2009
Ross Noble for ruining comedy.

Whoevers idea Alone in the Dark was.

and yeah twilight is awful. however i loved vampire diaries. twilight feels like a cheap rip off of that lol

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Trivun said:
Ohten said:
Trivun said:
Burying your head in the sand doesn't make something that's as major an insult to literature as calling someone's deceased mother a cheap street walker go away. Most people hate Twilight for one very, incredibly simple reason. It's bad. It's a horrifically terrible piece of work that doesn't deserve a shred of the popularity it got because the individual who crapped it out has a tenuous-at-best grasp of fiction writing and her writing is choked to the gills with blatant Mary/Gary Sues and deus ex machina that becomes so commonplace you never really need to bother becoming emotionally invested in Helpless Jane, who seems hell bent on setting back the feminist movement a century, or her verbally- and mentally-abusive stalker undead special-snowflake boyfriend.

So I'd say Meyer sure did ruin vampires and werewolves for me with that horrendous, steaming pile of text so many emotionally-damaged 10-year-old girls think is the be-all end-all of fiction literature.
malestrithe said:
Trivun said:
In a related tangent. I hate whoever created Internet forums because it allowed isolated pockets of fanboys to congregate in places outside of conventions. Their presence on the internet makes it hard for people to hate things.

Now back on topic, I hate Joss Whedon for starting the popularity of modern day Vampires. Because of his creation, Buffy, things like Twilight, the Vampire Diaries, and the other derivative works, are mainstream.

As to the whedonites out there: Deal with it Whedonites. He started the ball rolling by making Vampires commercially successful.
Can people please not complain about me hating people who hate Twilight? I don't hate those people if they actually read the books or saw the films. Those people have the right to criticise it. I don't mind them. It's when people post because it's 'cool' to hate Twilight and haven't actually read the books or seen the films. I like Twilight. That's true. But I know that it's badly written and I hate Edward Cullen with a passion, the only characters I really like more than a passing thing are Alice and Jasper, and Jacob to a slight extent. That doesn't stop me liking it. And I'm definitely not a Twilight fanboy. I'll defend anything that people hate because it's popular, not just Twilight. And for the record, yes, I did like Dracula. But people also say that Twilight 'ruined' vampires. It didn't. It simply looked at them from a different perspective, which even Dracula did, since Dracula was by no means original, but rather stole a lot of story and vampire features from various legends and myths, plus the life story of Vlad Tepes.
If you read my post, you would have seen that I was not talking about you. I was talking about fanboyism in general, I cannot stand the white knights that feel the need to defend their favorite whatever from criticism. Just like you, who has this desire to defend your current favorite thing because you feel like it is being threatened.

For the record, I do not hate Twilight because it cool. I do not drink that Kool Aid; I piss in it. I have read the books and I was generally unimpressed by them. I can also say that I am unimpressed by vampire fiction in general. I have read about 4 pieces of vampire fiction that I really enjoyed: Prince of the City, The Werewolf and the Vampire, Predator: Vampire, and Carmilla. The rest of the subgenre strikes me as meh.

Now the final part is about me hating Joss Whedon because he made Vampires popular. This is me expressing my dislike about Joss Whedon most well known creation, Buffy, and not about Stephanie Meyer. He is the genesis of this new wave of vampire stuff.

Also, you expect to be able to say what you want without having people criticize you and frankly that is not how the real world works. If you say something on a public forum, then people can also say something about you. You do not get to say whatever you want then cry foul when someone else exercises that same right. If you say something out in the open people will comment about. The sooner you accept that, the better off you will be.

Other people will not stop expressing their hatred of Stephanie Meyer because you tell them to. They will express their hatred more because you are telling them what to do. Would it work in reverse. If someone told you to stop defending Stephanie Meyer, would you stop? Chances are no you won't.

LinedGoat

Nov 23, 2009
Trivun said:

Anyway, I'd say that Gordon Brown managed to ruin British politics for everyone. He gives massive amounts of power to the Scottish and pretty much lets them have independence all but officially, and he sells us all out to the EU. No wonder us students have such a reputation for being apathetic, when politicians like this make us all so disillusioned with the current system...

EDIT: Dammit, ninja'd by a few seconds...
I've read the books and I've seen the movies. And guess what I think about it! Exactly, it sucks. But this is me being a ***** as I've seen you've closed the case.

So, OT: Willy Wonka and chocolate. Seriously! I always get the feeling someone is watching me when I'm eating chocolate ...