Things that are illegal, that you don't have problem with

procyonlotor

Jun 12, 2010
Prostitution. Oldest job in the world, man. Why not regulate it and impose a tax? Then you can come down hard on the people doing it outside of your regulations. No pun intended.

And piracy. I really don't mind it. Except if the guy is going "Hurr hurr, I could buy it but I'd rather just torrent it. Have fun, bitches."

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Jadak said:
Varanfan9 said:
Gay marriage, sodomy, marijuana, prostitution, public nudity, and the drinking age being higher than the smoking age.
Seriously? There's places that sodomy is actually illegal? *is baffled*
Lawrence v Texas was a fairly recent supreme court case that I know. Look it up if you're bored, and/or want to laugh at us ridiculous denizens of the deep south :D

As much as I am for legalization of drugs and/or prostitution, I would love nothing more than to see the drinking age lowered to 16, and the driving age raised to 18. I guess only the first bit applies here. Anyway, let's assume you're one of those 20 year old degenerates who got into college and are exposed to a nigh limitless amount of alcohol for the first time in their pitiful little lives. What is their first instinct? Drink until they pass out, repeat. Lowering the drinking age takes the thrill out of it, as you've already been exposed to it. Not that this would stop the aforementioned dipshits, but a call for mass killing isn't really part of this thread...

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Driving over the speed limit.

I mean, who doesn't?
I keep exactly to the speed limits....but admittedly that's just to piss off the people driving behind me who want to speed. Heh. Oh and 'cause I'm still a learner....meh.

OT: Marijuana, sort of.
Underage drinking...it's gonna happen no matter how hard the government wants to stop it.

smashmaniac64

May 22, 2010
Dags90 said:
Marijuana, prostitution, certain instances of underage drinking, pumping your own gas.
dont really support these but in most cases i dont see too much of a problem with them
its legeal to pump your own gas in iowa though ^_^

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
micky said:
thiosk said:
Raw Milk.
i can get that stuff here! and boy is it delicious.
The laws vary, but in some US states, the sale of unpasteurized milk has led the ATFE to raid farms and sieze milk at gunpoint.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
Jadak said:
Shycte said:
Discrimination laws.

If I own a company and if want all my employees to be male, blond and with blue eyes I should be able to do so. In the end I will only lose valuble experience.
This, I'm the one paying for the job to be done, I should be able to choose whoever the hell I feel like for whatever reason I want.
Exaclty. Say that I own a store, then I would want someone attractive sitting at the cash register because it is in my intests. Being attractive is a positive attribute just being intelligent or being physically strong. Can't beileve that this subject is so tabu.

In the end it will all even out.

thahat

Apr 23, 2008
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
JamesCG said:
Pumping your own gas is illegal? There's self serve up here. ._.
But, yeah. Prostitution and Marijuana.

That's really all I can think of.
Oregon won't let you pump your own gas.

OT: Pot, drinking at 18 and higher, having sex with a virgin in Washington state (I wish I was kidding)...

Here is a last of actual laws from my state (Washington)
"No walking in public if you have the common cold"
"Lollipops are illegal"
"X-Rays may not be used to fit shoes" (WTF)
"?It is mandatory for a motorist with criminal intentions to stop at the city limits and telephone the chief of police as he is entering the town." (WHAT... THE... HELL...)
"No buying mattresses on Sunday's" (HUH?)
"No pretending your parents are rich" (NO FUCKING WAY)
"When two trains come to a crossing, neither shall go until the other has passed." (FIGURE THIS ONE OUT, I DARE YOU)
"You may not carry a concealed weapon over six feet in length"
i love these kinds of laws XD
also its illegal to have firearms here, also illigal to hunt most of the time.
hunting looks interesting enough to me XD

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Danzaivar said:
Owning a television without a license. Fuck you, BBC.

Oh and prostitution. And drugs. Fighting too, when both sides consent (Duelling even!).
wait you need a license to own a tv? you can literally find them laying on the street over here...

GruntOwner

Feb 22, 2009
Employment discrimination, seeing as it's either a double standard or just plain delusional. The TV license (They imported some of their most popular shows from the USA and occasionaly decided to make their own inferior versions, I don't see why british tax payers should pay that crap).
Piracy's a bit ridiculous, and wouldn't be anywhere near as big a problem without youtube's copyright rampage and a few more providers like Valve.

That's about it, I support drugs being illegal and think that there are places where the speed limit is essential. Granted, there are others where it's a hinderence, but they still need to be in some places so the law should remain.

ad5x5

Jun 23, 2009
Staskala said:
How about guns in the UK?

Simulations show that not wearing a seatbelt increases the possibility of hurting or even killing the other passengers of the car you're sitting in.
There are even cases where the only person who didn't die in an accident is the person that wasn't wearing his seatbelt.
Everyone else would have survived the crash if just this one person had been wearing his seatbelt.

With your point on emulation I agree though.
not if you're in the front seat or the only person in the car...

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
Prostitution. If people want to pay for it instead of finding a man/woman in a bar then what's the problem?

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Depends on which country.

For example, free speech and homosexuality are things I have no problem with, but they're still illegal in SOME countries. Mind you, those are countries you wouldn't want to visit.