Things that scare the shit out of you.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
Right now I'm hiding up in my room like a scared little girl and will be for at least the next five hours. This is because my brother and I are supposed to be watching one of my mom's friends dog... which hates me. Granted this is only our first interaction but it was hatred at first sight so it would seem.

I hate dogs. Never liked the things but we can co-exist to a certain degree however for the most part they really scare me.

So escapists what scares the living shit out of you?

Feralcentaur

Mar 6, 2010
Dogs, (as you said) and baloons. No seriously; I hate the sound they make and I always jump when one pops.

Voodoo_Person

Dec 11, 2009
Moths, and flying insects in general, I turn into a little girl if they fly near me, and what makes them worse is that if you try and hit them and miss, they go bat-shit insane and start dive bombing you, I fucking hate them!

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
aquaman839 said:
Prison, mainly because of the rape thing. Oh that keeps me up at night.
don't go to prison then.
problem solved.

OT: Rapid piano music with only the high tones.
you know,like the Halloween theme. Michael Myers scare the fuck out of me.

Voodoo_Person

Dec 11, 2009
aquaman839 said:
Prison, mainly because of the rape thing. Oh that keeps me up at night.
Thats the one thing that stops me from doing anything illegal, seriously, fuck that shit

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
Turning around at night.

It's weird because as soon as you turn and see nothing, you think (well I think) Oh dear god....it's behind me...

Like opening up the fridge door and closing it only to see someone behind it.

I also have a weird fear of heights. I can look down from high up and be fine. But if I see something like say the top of a building, a flip out

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
GrimTuesday said:
Right now I'm hiding up in my room like a scared little girl and will be for at least the next five hours. This is because my brother and I are supposed to be watching one of my mom's friends dog... which hates me. Granted this is only our first interaction but it was hatred at first sight so it would seem.

I hate dogs. Never liked the things but we can co-exist to a certain degree however for the most part they really scare me.

So escapists what scares the living shit out of you?
Replace dogs with girls in your story and you have mine. ;3

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Korsakoff's psychosis.

Why? You remember nothing, you will never form new memories ever again, and your brain creates memories that never happened, leaving you extremely confused and disorientated for the REST OF YOUR LIFE, existing in lucid intervals which you will not remember in the next lucid interval. Every moment of every day you will be in a place you do not remember, you will recognize people you've never met before from things that never happened, you won't be able to recall anything that happened more than ten minutes ago, and that's how you'll live your entire life from then on.

Blaghman

Apr 4, 2009
Blindswordmaster said:
Spiders. I Fucking hate spiders.
Aww, but they're so fuzzy wuzzy adorable, there's this massive huntsman that sits outside my room and OH MY GOD IT IS WATCHING ME SLEEP. WHY DOES AUSTRALIA HAVE FRICKIN SPIDERS LIKE THIS, WHO THE HELL WAS THAT CRUEL.

But uhh, this is a fear I picked up from a friend, but marionettes terrify me, it's the whole uncanny valley combined with something that has no control over what it does.

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009

God damn it, being forced to sit through that movie as a child traumatized me. It was hard for me to even look up this picture, in Google Images. That guy just scares the living hell out of me.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Making the wrong life changing decision then only realising when it's too late.

And spiders...

darkness, aging, death, loneliness...

randomsix

Apr 20, 2009
Things that fly and sting. They're too small to defend yourself against unless you have a flyswatter, if you smack at them with your hand, it doesn't stop them and you might get stung, and they can fly almost as fast as you can run.

They also have a bad habit of buzzing right up to me and checking whether or not I'm a flower.

They are the reason I stop wearing bright colors in late spring.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Spiders. Mother. Fucking. Spiders.

And little girls in horror films.

Just thinking about the subject sends chills up my neck..

posom2

Mar 25, 2008
When nonliving objects come alive. Those bugs that look exactly like leaves? I REALLY REALLY HATE THEM.

Simple Bluff

Dec 30, 2009
I'm terrified of ostriches. There was an episode of Scrubs where J.D. and Turk hide in a tree to avoid one those feathered fiends, and all I could think was "That's exactly what I'd do".