Things that scare the shit out of you.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
onewheeled999 said:

God damn it, that movie traumatized me.
Oh God, I agree.

OT: Windwaker terrified me as a kid. I don't know what it was. I;d just never felt so alone in a game.

ShockValue

Addicted to coffee
May 8, 2008
Spiders, bats, heights, butterflies...let's just say 97% of all bugs.

Ventriloquist dummies too, those things are creepy.

hurfdurp

Jun 7, 2010
You must be calm and assertive, oh Cesar. Snakes are scary, as is doing new things.

Phoenix09215

Dec 24, 2008
Well due to my slight case of psychosis I tend to imagine things before I go to sleep... And they're never things I want to see :S Thank God the doc finally gave me some sleepy pills!

Limie

Feb 18, 2010
Falling through the cieling (it was an eventful DIY disaster infused day)

GrimTuesday said:
Right now I'm hiding up in my room like a scared little girl and will be for at least the next five hours. This is because my brother and I are supposed to be watching one of my mom's friends dog... which hates me. Granted this is only our first interaction but it was hatred at first sight so it would seem.

I hate dogs. Never liked the things but we can co-exist to a certain degree however for the most part they really scare me.

So escapists what scares the living shit out of you?
Dogs do scare me silly and evil looking spiders. I'm okay with tarrantulas and such but if they're bright yellow and stripy then you won't find me anywhere near.

Ask

Feb 27, 2010
Clowns...freakin' CLOWNS! I saw "It" when I was 5 and I have hated clowns ever since.

Cougars. I've nearly been offed by these damn things. They're dangerous as hell and yeah I respect nature and whatnot but still, I don't like being stalked by a cat big enough to eat my head.

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
Death. Not the sexiest fear I know, but that's pretty much it. Luckily, near death experiences aren't that common for me, but sometimes when I can't stop my thoughts from wandering into the deep and I am reminded of the supreme certainty that one day it will come, and there is nothing I can do about it.

jopomeister

Apr 7, 2010
Being mocked.
It's one of the reasons as to why my social life is in the shitter. I generally speak very little and avoid interaction with other people to avoid them finding a way to make fun of me.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
I used to be deathly afraid of the dark. Its more of just an uneasiness at this point, meaning I can get away with being in a dark room for extended periods of time, but I rather not.

wizzerd229

Man of many Ideas
May 22, 2009
spiders, i want something for my browser that replaces all pictures of spiders with pictures of puppies

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Old, wooden puppets. The kind with the moving mouth bit that makes a clacking noise whenever you press the lever in the back to make it 'talk'. It's specific to those dolls, though, and I love the Muppets.

Also, failure. And just for good measure: the possibility of success and the expectations/responsibilities it brings. And let's not forget ever actually getting laid. I just know it'll be the kind of total catastrophe that will spawn a story which will haunt me for the rest of my life.

EDIT: Forgot to mention short women also creep me the hell out. Not necessarily the young kind of little. I'm talking fully grown women with wrinkles and all under 1 meter 50 cm.

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
heights (Specifically the potential of falling, always goes through my mind when i look down from a grest distance) and having no control. (Like being a passenger when someones driving recklessly fast and there's nothing you can do to stop it)