Things that you never use in games

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Dfskelleton said:
In RPG type games, I will practically NEVER upgrade agility or magic or intelligence. Strength and Health are usually my priorities.
Also, Grenade launchers. Rocket launchers are great, but grenades that bounce all over and crap? Nah.
Cover as well. I'm not going to hide unless the game wants me to. I'm going to run in, scream "WHO WANTS SOME TOAST!?" and proceed to remove all ammunition from my gun. 70% of the time, it works all the time (cookie for reference)
cmon, waaay too easy. anchorman. NOW GIVE ME MAH COOKIEAS!!!!

i also rarely use grenades, i mostly just forget because when its not a FPS that constantly remind you of grenades (since EVERYONE has some), im too busy mowing people down with my minigun. GOD BLESS MINIGUNS. ALL HAIL OR BE STRICKEN BY MY HAIL.... OF BULLETS!!!!!

Koshok

Jan 22, 2011
I don't often use stat debuffs. I know their useful, but I would rather pound the crap out of something than waste time making it slightly less strong before pounding the crap out of it.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
My strongest weapons... I'm always afraid I might need it later...

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
Healing items in RPGs with healing magic. In fact, I'm a bit of an item whore and almost never use them unless absolutely necessary. Thus, tiny inventory sizes also annoy me considerably. Also, I never use status effect-inducing moves. They usually don't work on bosses and regular enemies can just be punched in the dick quicker. I always use buffs and debuffs, though. My love for them borders on the fetishistic.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Sacman said:
My strongest weapons... I'm always afraid I might need it later...
yeah im also a bit conservative with my disposables. its less like strongest weapon saving and more like pack ratting.

Pipsquid

Mar 25, 2010
In all RTS, i avoid ships. I HATE THEM.
I rarely use magic in any game. Magic and any type of mage class just doesn't call my name.

Lekonua

Mar 25, 2009
In earlier Pokemon games (Ruby and Fire Red specifically) I never used to use any moves that didn't do damage. I was all about hitting hard and fast.

Enemy has higher speed? So what if he gets a hit in, I'll OHKO that sucker!

Insanely high defense? Feh! Chip away at the boulder and it'll go down eventually!

But everything changed when I got Platinum. It was in that game I learned that dropping an enemy's speed or raising yours(even once) can be the difference between getting brutally pounded and putting up a decent fight before getting regularly pounded. Even allegedly "super effective" attacks seem like they only do 1/4 of the damage I'm used to.

I have since made multiple revisions to my previous strategies.

SergeantAnt

Feb 27, 2011
traps, hammers/mauls?(yuck), throwables(shuriken etc), shotguns, stealth, and any gun in deadspace that isnt the plasma cutter, plasma rifle, or line gun :p

Darth Jerak

Nov 19, 2009
health potions after I get a heal spell there is no point in carrying them.

anything "lore" including scrolling text between missions and long dialogs/quest description because all you need to know is "if it bleeds, kill it, if its not nailed down collect it and if it screams for help protect it." I don't care where it came from or who its mother was.

And I especially hate "tomes." I don't want to read fan fiction during a game. I am looking at you Depth of Peril (awesome indie game otherwise).

and I also hate debuffs/buffs unless you are fighting a boss.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
Any item that cures poison. Always save them for a poisonous boss that never appears.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
Grenades, most of the times they are useless, and cant do anything a standard lead cant.

Evil Alpaca

May 22, 2010
Rare ammo/ rare weapons.

I will take on a dragon with a pointed stick rather than my sword because I'm sure his bigger nastier friend is right around the corner. Same goes for FPS games, I will bludgeon enemies to death with a rocket launcher before I use up one of my precious rockets.

dogenzakaminion

Jun 15, 2010
The big massive super gun in FPS games. I don't want to waste my ammo when I might be facing some massive boss or super hard portion later on...so I usually never end up using it. The lazer gun thing you get in Half-Life, didn't use it until my 2nd play through when I knew what would happen.

Oh, and anything that doesn't do direct damage in Pokemon. I just stock up on varied damage moves and plow my way through.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I never use multiplayer (of haven't for years)

Even when I played Guild Wars MMO, I always solo played the game for every quest the game allowed. I've had nothing but terrible experiences with kids online and as such consider multiplayer a non-feature in games.

vehystrix

Nov 18, 2009
Cover, who needs it if all your enemies are dead before they can get a good 5 shots off. Yeah my aim and reaction speed are that awesome. Yeah I will run trough a game on a lower difficulty setting the first runtrough so I can feel like rambo is a pussy compared to me. Don't you judge me!

On a side note tough, I'll also play my games cranked up to the insane difficulty, and take potshots at the enemies feet or whatever inch sticking out from cover, while dug in a couple miles away to avoid getting 1shotted by a stray bullet.