Things to Do Instead of Pirates

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
Right, I'm going to go ahead and remove this post and just say

I disagree with what Bob is saying, and I'm going to go see it anyways, because I can think for myself and I'd much rather go see the movie, then ignore it just because some reviewer says its crap.

I'm going to be honest, Sometimes, Bob sounds like a troll.

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
Spot1990 said:
TheBelgianGuy said:
It's funny how many people in here blindly follow a stuck up elitist douchebag like MovieBob.

"Wow, you didn't like it? Well, then it MUST be bad!"
Isn't that why people watch reviews? To find out whether or not a movie's worth seeing.
Yes but Bob usually regards any high class / money making movie as crap, just because he wishes lower indie movies got as much fame. Or at least, that's how I see it.

I still stick with what I believe, If you like a movie, nobody elses opinion should matter.

rickthetrick

Jun 19, 2009
Please for the love of god quit using Scott effing Pilgrim as a positive thing. That's the best way to turn me off from a movie. Why is there so much fan boy appeal from that shitacular waste of celluloid?! Bah I'll just go back to my corner and stay quiet from now on.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Mittens The Kitten said:
Interesting list, i might rent L.A. noire.

Also, putting "chinese Burritos" on the same list as "brisk walk and low calorie snack" seems a touch counterproductive.
Well, you can get low calorie Chinese food, and a decently made tortilla is essentially just baked or fried corn flour. I think you could put together something reasonably healthy. Just don't buy that 2.00 General Tso's from down the road and cheese flavoured torillas and you should be alright.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Spot1990 said:
TheBelgianGuy said:
It's funny how many people in here blindly follow a stuck up elitist douchebag like MovieBob.

Isn't that why people watch reviews? To find out whether or not a movie's worth seeing.
Don't be silly. People watch Moviebob to hear that voice like honeyed silk.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
DTWolfwood said:
please spoil the movie for me so i don't have the stupid urge to want to see it!

and Kudos on that shameless self promotion! XD
Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow is Wacky! Boats! Geoffry Rush is easily the hammiest and best thing in the movie.

There, spoiled.

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
Other than continue playing Portal 2 and L.A. Noire.
I think I want to see this movie just to see how epicly bad it may be.

Mittens The Kitten

Dec 19, 2010
TheRealCJ said:
Mittens The Kitten said:

Also, putting "chinese Burritos" on the same list as "brisk walk and low calorie snack" seems a touch counterproductive.
Well, you can get low calorie Chinese food, and a decently made tortilla is essentially just baked or fried corn flour. I think you could put together something reasonably healthy. Just don't buy that 2.00 General Tso's from down the road and cheese flavoured torillas and you should be alright.
You must be the type of person who likes to point out that McDonalds has salads every time someone says that fast food is unhealthy.

Polock

Jan 23, 2010
TheBelgianGuy said:

...but it was.

Birthe

Apr 26, 2010
Don't think I'll go and watch pirates, cause well I can't think of a single movie where they made 4 parts of where the 4th part was somewhat worth watching it. And since cinema tickets get more and more expensive I just dont wanna waste my money on that and then also probably have some annoying people sit behind me.

But also won't go and watch a Woody Allen movie cause... I greatly dislike him I think he's so overrated and I personally never watched a movie of him I liked.

Guess I'll just go out and get wasted instead.. that should be on the list.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Swim? Are you insane? After it's been ridiculously hot for so long the cold finally came, and you want me to go swimming? Stop being hemisphere racist, moviebob.

Burck

Aug 9, 2009
DTWolfwood said:
please spoil the movie for me so i don't have the stupid urge to want to see it!\D
Agreed.

I once stayed up to ridiculous hours just to see the ending of a crappy movie on the Sci-Fi channel. The ending to that movie was utterly stupid: the disgraced sergeant was redeemed, the "sign of advanced life" was a broken radio tower (as you could OBVIOUSLY tell) leaving the lady who went after it to die with only the discovery that she fucked up, the black guy dies a hero, and the two people who make it back simply survive. Nothing is gained.

Yet I really wanted to find out how it ended- as if that could redeem the whole lackluster film.

So please, anyone, spoil the movie. Otherwise, I guess I'll google it.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
I had deided against watching it because of the review, but a friend forced me to go (and paid for it...free movie). I gotta say, it was not that bad. I actually liked it. I see MovieBob's point, buuuut I guess I'm just a PotC girl.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Too late for me, just saw it a couple of hours ago. Thought it was good, less confusing than the third one at any rate.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Mittens The Kitten said:
TheRealCJ said:
Mittens The Kitten said:

You must be the type of person who likes to point out that McDonalds has salads every time someone says that fast food is unhealthy.
No. Just someone who likes to cook.

ShadowThePika

Jul 27, 2010
Or... you could watch something GOOD that came out this year with pirates. Like Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger!