Things to Do Instead of Pirates

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Things to Do Instead of Pirates

MovieBob has a few suggestions on how you spend your time this weekend, rather than waste it on disappointing swashbucklers.

Read Full Article

Mittens The Kitten

Dec 19, 2010
Interesting list, i might rent L.A. noire.

Also, putting "chinese Burritos" on the same list as "brisk walk and low calorie snack" seems a touch counterproductive.

Jenx

Dec 5, 2007
Bit too late in the evening for a walk where I am, but I think I will go make dinner instead of bothering with the new Pirates movie. Seriously, is anyone actaully surprised it's bad? I could have told you that 5 months before they announced they are making one at all.

Sepiida

Jan 25, 2010
I know this was a fluff piece, you know this was a fluff piece so I'm not going to be too hard on you for that. That said I do think I'll check out Cave of Forgotten Dreams. Between the premise and Werner Herzog it sounds pretty damn amazing.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Things I plan on doing instead of watching Pirates: The Witcher 2. I would put more things on the list, but I'd probably be lying if I suggested I was really going to be doing anything else this weekend.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Whatever! You're all crazy I invented Chinese burritos in my dorm room in 1999 you all must of heard about it when I put it on live journal. Yeah, that's it.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Meh. Weak, Bob. Weak. You're usually much better than this.
Still, Chinese Burritos, eh? Never heard of em, sounds delicious, though.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
please spoil the movie for me so i don't have the stupid urge to want to see it!

and Kudos on that shameless self promotion! XD

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
If you're Canadian you can always go camping for the Victora Day long weekend!

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Adrien Brody? As Salvador fucking Dali??
Why am I still here!!?!?!?

Ilke

Mar 28, 2010
Damn, I already ate Chinese food this week. Too late for the burrito :(

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Thai burritos, Bob. Thai burritos. Curry chicken in whatever "pendragon sauce" is, plus pad thai. Oh, sweet, sweet pad thai

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
You know, I was bent on seeing it even after watching the review...but watching the review again, made me think twice. I think I might go ahead and watch Bridesmaids instead.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
HankMan said:
Has it really been 28 episodes of the Big Picture already Bob? I wonder when we'll start getting badges for it.
Speaking of badges, what's up with them? I've been spammed to hell with them recently.

OT: Another thing you could do is try to invent your own sandwich. My personal favourite is the cheese+bacon+egg+sausage+tomato+black pudding+beans+toasted bread combo with sea salt, ketchup and crushed black peppercorns. I've got my own secret recipe I use to make it, but it's definitely worth a try for anyone who likes something that's pretty much an entire breakfast in sandwich form.

It's the most kick-ass sandwich ever and it hasn't killed me yet.

Mittens The Kitten

Dec 19, 2010
fatb0y said:
haven't tried Red Dead Redemption for fear I'd hate it as much as GT4.

I wonder where this falls.
Red Dead Redemption was a pretty good game, the cast is well characterized and the the old west setting is pretty fun. The combat gets old after 15 hours or so but remains pretty fresh.

blanksmyname

Aug 2, 2009
You're too late Bob. I've already seen Thor again :O

Guess I'll just have to wait however many months it'll be till Midnight in Paris gets released in Australia.