Things you aggressively don't care about

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Other ppls (and mine) gamerscores. I mean...just...why?
Plus its a thing you cant turn off when playing so its literally adding to the 'i have no life' counter...which mine has been increasing recently on an introspectively depressing scale. So that means something i didnt care about, is now a thing that is making itself (or by me) an annoyance at best.

Oh and ppl in general. They sure like to tell me about themselves, though that doesnt count as im not aggressive and i let them do their talking as it seems to please them. The irony of this point is intended, before some inevitable irony police target me :)

Umm should i say forum topics like this? Just to go the whole way? Why am i typing what im thinking? Ah it cant do any harm. Just as long as i

ChristopherT

Sep 9, 2010
Is the problem here the difference between "not care about" and "not care for" ? Because it seems some, including OP might be mistaking the two. Unless I'm wrong it goes a little like,

"Would you like some potato chips?" (sorry the favorite crisps topic is still in my head)
- "I don't care" - bring me some chips, or don't, it doesn't matter
- "I don't care for chips" - I do not like chips, or I do not want chips
- "I don't care about chips" - We are not talking about chips, why bring up chips? Chips do not matter, can we get back to what we were talking about

If you are able to pull a paragraph out about how you "don't care about X" then you do care in some form or another, however you can certainly go on for a paragraph about how you do not care for X, and the reasons you do not like X or why X is not worth your time or energy.

Some seem to care enough ABOUT things here to not care FOR them.

'course I could be wrong, my grades in this stuff were never very good.

newfoundsky

Feb 9, 2010
Lieju said:
newfoundsky said:
Really, it would not matter if she was transgender, gender neutral, cisgender, or a cactus, the fact that the statement was said in all seriousness (like I mentioned, it could very well be sarcasm, however) is enough to make me want to push myself further from the community that I support, and it is really hard to support an effort without being involved in it.
It's not like I actively hate white heterosexual cis men.

I just aggressively don't care about them.
The "stop shoving it down my throat" thing, though, as if they go out of their way to be white, cisgender, and male... It's like saying "stop being all up in my face with your gay." I'm not an overly sensitive person, I just don't like groups of people disliked or avoided because they aren't another group of people. That is why I am a supporter of LGBT rights even though the majority I come in contact with a just unpleasant people to be around. The fact that people are what they are should not be a concern for you.

Your statement makes me think that if you had to listen to two people and make a decision based off what they said, you would just listen to the red, androgynous person because the alternative came from a white cisgender male. I'm certain you probably don't mean that. It's just frustrating how people are starting to think that in order to advance socially and be accepted, those that have always been accepted should be discounted.

I'm probably reading too much in to what you are saying, but can you see where I am coming from?

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
newfoundsky said:
Lieju said:
newfoundsky said:
Really, it would not matter if she was transgender, gender neutral, cisgender, or a cactus, the fact that the statement was said in all seriousness (like I mentioned, it could very well be sarcasm, however) is enough to make me want to push myself further from the community that I support, and it is really hard to support an effort without being involved in it.

The "stop shoving it down my throat" thing, though, as if they go out of their way to be white, cisgender, and male... It's like saying "stop being all up in my face with your gay." I'm not an overly sensitive person, I just don't like groups of people disliked or avoided because they aren't another group of people. That is why I am a supporter of LGBT rights even though the majority I come in contact with a just unpleasant people to be around. The fact that people are what they are should not be a concern for you.

Your statement makes me think that if you had to listen to two people and make a decision based off what they said, you would just listen to the red, androgynous person because the alternative came from a white cisgender male. I'm certain you probably don't mean that. It's just frustrating how people are starting to think that in order to advance socially and be accepted, those that have always been accepted should be discounted.

I'm probably reading too much in to what you are saying, but can you see where I am coming from?
I'm pretty sure he's taking the piss, and doing it very successfully.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Lieju said:
newfoundsky said:

It does seem to be a pretty large group that you dont care for. Surely the white male population is pretty diverse. It would be similar to saying "I really dont care for chinese people"

DOOM GUY

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Jul 3, 2010
The whole thing with Tumblr and SJWs complaining about video games and all that jazz. I mean, yeah, it's one thing if the game is made to show these things or whatever, but people wanting to change games, just 'cause they don't like it... kinda stupid...

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
newfoundsky said:
Lieju said:
newfoundsky said:

You sure are making a lot of assumptions about me.

For example, assuming I am avoiding or even disliking anyone for their skin colour, gender, sexual orientation etc, or 'discounting' them.

(Although most white heterosexual cis men I have met HAVE been very unpleasant people)

Not all of them. I know some who are ok.

I am of course, being super-serious about all of this.

shootthebandit said:
It does seem to be a pretty large group that you dont care for. Surely the white male population is pretty diverse. It would be similar to saying "I really dont care for chinese people"
I don't have to deal with Chinese people near as much on a day-to-day basis.

But whatever, I'll do my best to aggressive not care about them either if that makes you happy.

newfoundsky

Feb 9, 2010
Lieju said:
newfoundsky said:
Lieju said:
newfoundsky said:

You sure are making a lot of assumptions about me.

For example, assuming I am avoiding or even disliking anyone for their skin colour, gender, sexual orientation etc, or 'discounting' them.

(Although most white heterosexual cis men I have met HAVE been very unpleasant people)

Not all of them. I know some who are ok.

I am of course, being super-serious about all of this.

shootthebandit said:
I don't have to deal with Chinese people near as much on a day-to-day basis.

But whatever, I'll do my best to aggressive not care about them either if that makes you happy.
I don't mean to assume, I was just letting you know how the things you are saying make me feel, and how they seemed to me specifically.

Denny Crane

Nov 6, 2009
Game of Fucking thrones....

People say to me "you should like this because it's got boobs and sex and swords!" So fucking what!?
Don't tell me I need to like something and stop trying to get me to like it. Why should I be like every other fucking sheep watching the show (no offence to anyone here who watches it). I don't like it. Leave me alone!

/rant

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Lieju said:

although I'm not sure I'd go as far as that I can understand the attitude in regareds to "smile more, youd be more pretty" or "if you did x guys would be more interested in you" or "[statment indicating everything you do is somhow to get their aproval/attention]* or some people making everything about them

CloudAtlas

Mar 16, 2013
Zachary Amaranth said:
Actually, you know what? It's kind of funny you mention white knighting (though perhaps it was intentional), since men who are okay with women in gaming are being called names based on one of the most persistent clichés in history, and one that dovetails with things like "damsel in distress" and "save the girlfriend." And now I'm wondering if there's more to that.
Oh, I didn't bring up white knighting, someone else before me did in this thread. To be honest, I find being accused of white knighting hilarious. To put that much effort into into saying things I don't really believe myself just to get into some woman's pants, on a gaming forum (or the gaming community in general) where only a minority of members are female, are mostly living in far away countries, and if they care about the issues too are all feminists (and as we all know all feminists hate men and being hit on, right... right?) that doesn't appear very smart to me.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into this. Maybe expressing your desire to treat women with respect, as your equal, is already enough to warrant the term "white knight". Maybe that's already something a man could not really want without having ulterior motives. Should that be the case, then accusing others of white knighting is more telling about yourself then about the people you're calling that.

CloudAtlas

Mar 16, 2013
newfoundsky said:
I don't mean to assume, I was just letting you know how the things you are saying make me feel, and how they seemed to me specifically.
Lieju is most certainly just holding up a mirror to those folks who proclaim that they aggressively don't care about LGBT people and their rights and whishes. Unsurprisingly, as soon as someone proclaims to aggressively not care about straight white men, a straight white man will come out and say that this sounds rather negative and hostile towards straight white men. Which is true - and exactly the point. Because that's exactly what aggressively not caring about LGBT people sounds like to LGBT people as well.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
CloudAtlas said:
Lieju is most certainly just holding up a mirror to those folks who proclaim that they aggressively don't care about LGBT people and their rights and whishes. Unsurprisingly, as soon as someone proclaims to aggressively not care about straight white men, a straight white man will come out and say that this sounds rather negative and hostile towards straight white men. Which is true - and exactly the point. Because that's exactly what aggressively not caring about LGBT people sounds like to LGBT people as well.
I know you know this, but I think it could do with pointing out anyway.

They might be exactly the same in theory, but in practice, in a society dominated by white heterosexual cis men, people "aggressively not caring" about white heterosexual cis men leads to white heterosexual cis men having their feelings hurt. People "aggressively not caring" about LGBT has led to discrimination and suicide and hate crimes.

CloudAtlas

Mar 16, 2013
thaluikhain said:
CloudAtlas said:

They might be exactly the same in theory, but in practice, in a society dominated by white heterosexual cis men, people "aggressively not caring" about white heterosexual cis men leads to white heterosexual cis men having their feelings hurt. People "aggressively not caring" about LGBT has led to discrimination and suicide and hate crimes.
Yes, I know that. I just thought that it should already be enough that, if you don't like your own feelings being hurt, you should try not to hurt other people's feelings in the exact same fashion either, for behaving otherwise would make you a hypocrite.

newfoundsky

Feb 9, 2010
CloudAtlas said:
thaluikhain said:
CloudAtlas said:

Yes, I know that. I just thought that it should already be enough that, if you don't like your own feelings being hurt, you should try not to hurt other people's feelings in the exact same fashion either, for behaving otherwise would make you a hypocrite.
The problem here being is that I'm a straight white male who has never harassed or discriminated against anyone, and instead am being pushed further and further away from LGBT groups because I am what I am.

The irony is painful.

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
Dragonbums said:
Ten Foot Bunny said:
Whenever strangers share with me their clean bills of health from regularly scheduled ten-year colonoscopies? Yeah. VIOLENT apathy on my part.
I'm very curious to hear about why somebody you don't know would share that info with you.

I mean it in a serious way. This sounds like a good story to share with everyone :p
Oh trust me, the story is really boring! :D I used to work as a career counselor at my county's workforce center, which is a department within the division of human services. My clients used to tell me everything you could imagine. The subject of colonoscopies came up twice while I worked there. One client had it done to check that they were cancer-free, which I didn't mind hearing about! They had a cancer scare, and as a caring person I felt genuinely glad that they were okay.

The other? Routine check-up. NOT what I wanted to hear that day.

Cecilo

Nov 18, 2011
I used to try to support equality, but then the endless crusades started happening. Every week a new controversy, every week a new fight, every week a new enemy, every week a new . And I have grown tired of it.

I have bills to pay, A job to do, and ever decreasing free time to relax and do things I want to do. I just don't have the patience to crusade anymore, and so now. I just don't care anymore, because I have lost a sense of scale of the fight I suppose.

And to those who will say that my indifference is just hurting equality, all I have to say to you is, there will probably be many more people like myself, who just get worn down if the amount of fighting keeps rising.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
Hero of Lime said:
Modern music trends for sure. I could care less about the new pop, rap, and rock songs coming out of the wood work. I have negative interest in that stuff.
Maybe that's your cue to try different things! I only suggest this because I'm a music nerd and it's a huge part of my life so whenever I hear someone say, "There's no good music" I try to help them out :) Here's a bunch of different genres with a few songs from each, just pick and choose!

Or, if you're lazy, check out this video that shows some pretty good variety while covering a pop song.

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
mitchell271 said:
Maybe that's your cue to try different things! I only suggest this because I'm a music nerd and it's a huge part of my life so whenever I hear someone say, "There's no good music" I try to help them out :) Here's a bunch of different genres with a few songs from each, just pick and choose!
Hehe! As long as there's Reel Big Fish in that lineup, I'd definitely suggest some more...

Okay, no more from me. Back on topic! :) Music is something I'm absolutely passionate about and way off the scope of the thread.