Head-on apply directly to the forehead
Head-on apply directly to the forehead
Head-on apply direc...Shut the F*** up!

Hunde Des Krieg

Sep 30, 2008
KeithA45 said:
13lackfriday said:
"God helps those who help themselves."
That, and whenever anything terrible happens it's "God works in mysterious ways" and "God has a plan, we just don't see it yet"

Sorry to everyone for getting into religion, but those phrases just make me think that whoever's saying them is just pants-on-head retarded
The end all be all of all cop-outs.

Joselyn

Feb 5, 2009
When people say...."Grinds my gears"...I think of the sound of grinding teeth and get a shiver.....getting one now too...Grrr :/

Tullio

Dec 12, 2008
Oh, gods, where do I start?

People telling me to calm down when I'm not angry

People shouting me down when I happen to criticise Zero Punctuation

People quoting Family Guy at me when they know I don't like it

There are three just off the top of my head

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Epifols said:
And not just once or twice, but continuously. And hell, not just incorrectly, they actually use it the exact OPPOSITE of irony.
That's ironic.

And if it wasn't, then what I just said was. Isn't mindfuckery fun?

I can't stand the sound of a child crying. It either enrages me or upsets me. On a plane or in a restaurant it enrages me, but in someone's hoiuse it makes me think of poverty, which upsets me (not particularly poverty, just babies in poverty).

Also I hate the sound of my friend's voice (when she's being arrogant/when she's gloating/both/generally).

I'm not sure why she's my friend.

DuncanRR

Nov 30, 2008
People who type in chatspeak, and use a poor excuse like "i dont have time 2 profred" and "y shud i care dis iznt englsh class lol". This is a forum (/email/youtube), not AIM. The only excuse that should apply is "I don't have a browser with spellczec".

Atheists bitching about theists preaching their religion to them. Every catholic I've ran into (dominant religion up here) hasn't tried to force me to believe anything, so I don't know what the hell these atheists are talking about.

People who think rap is an illegitimate form of music without even bothering to listen to stuff that doesn't make it to radio/MTV. Or, even worse, dismissing the occasional good one that does simply because he made it to radio/MTV (ala Eminem and Nas).

The "[/thread]" meme. All that does is make the poster seem arrogant, and it drives me up the wall.

People who use the words "the fact that" in an argument or in normal conversation. To me, that makes it seem like you're trying to sound smarter than you really are.

People who are assholes for the sake of being assholes.

EDIT: And people who talk in the theatre/cinema. Especially in the theatre, when the damn actors on the stage can hear you, too!!!!

People who feel obligated to correct me when I make a typo on a forum or something. It may seem hypocritical, but at least I don't go around correcting people.

Aunel

May 9, 2008
Somebody in my class, every word he says is most definitely worse than the apocalypse

oddball121

Feb 23, 2009
the use of "lol" in normal converstaion. I only know one person who gets away with saying it, when other people say it, it feels fake to me. Bad spelling/grammar on forum posts as well. Its like fingernails on a blackboard.

hxcfreak

Feb 7, 2009
I can't stand when people try to make them selves look so perfect...Like when you call someone a liar and the get all offended and take the time to tell you that they are so good and virtuousness....its bullshit we're all the same liars, cheaters, and thieves on the inside so try to be the better person but don't tell me how great you are ever....and i think that sums it up

roblikestoskate

Oct 16, 2008
overused words and phrases, such as being told how "random" something is. i have a friend who tends to overuse words like "amazing" and "beautiful" when describing his new favorite albums. people who don't adequately explain themselves; the explanations they do give are painfully frustrating to hear because there is a degree of arrogance inherent in the assumption that people know exactly what you are talking about. any statement that indicates a clear lack of willingness to understand is bad for my ears.

also, the sound of Dave Matthews Band. i can't stand it.

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
When someone stars using felt tips it gives me goose bumps.
Also when someone starts a sentence with "omg" then the little voice in my head tells me start setting fire to things.

roblikestoskate

Oct 16, 2008
hebdomad said:
"How did that make you feel" < it says that actions can effect your emotions, it's also asking for an emotional response (Cry for the cameras, please). You chose your emotional reaction, people don't make you angry, you chose to be angry at people. (You could just not give a damn)
an excellent distinction. we tend to allow people to blame their emotions for their actions, which implies a lack of control over the emotions. perhaps the better question is "how did you respond?" or "why did you respond the way you did?"

Mikelland

Feb 8, 2009
gmer412 said:
"A whole nother"

Take a look at that phrase. YOU probably use that in everyday conversation, Michael. As a culture, can we ban this phrase?

(So worth it to freak out all the people named Michael out there)
I am called Michael. I am so freaked out right now. So freaked out I had to to the window to check that you weren't watching me. I hope you are not a man in an ice cream van selling pills to children. Cause if you are....

I don't really hate when people say anything. Actually thats a lie. I hate when people say "lol" in the real world. In fact even typing "lol" gets me a little riled. Same with "txt spk". Use proper words! There is no poetry to "mt u at teh pb". I would prefer to write. "I shall meet you where ember fire meets obsidian sky". My friends do not ask me for directions anymore.

Feb 14, 2008
Rahnzan said:
"You cant be judgemental!" ...What? The FUCK I can't! Watch this.

Ok you're emo.

"You cant say that!" I just did "That's labeling, I dont associate with a label" That's all fine and good but did the can put the green beans sticker on itself? No. Someone else did.

If you're going to dress like a sub-culture what the general populace references as 'emo,' if you're going to get a haircut that belongs in a sub-culture what the general populace references as 'emo,' and if you're going to listen almost exclusively to the kind of music that belongs wholefully to a sub-culture that the general populace references again as 'emo,' then you're pretty damned emo. Yes it labels you, yes it sums up your whole personality into a word, yes its a sting at you and basically tells everyone around who hears the word uttered that you have no 'creativity' or 'originality' or whatever the hell it is you kids want these days, and yes, it IS an accurate description of who you are.

Same with goths, preps, nerds, etc. Emo isn't a stereotype, it's a sub-culture you TWITS. If you belong to it, then you GOD DAMN BELONG TO IT.
This... Very, very much this.

PeterDawson

Feb 10, 2009
Pretty much anyone using the term 'were' to descript a mutant creature that doesn't involve a human. Also there's 'guestimate,' 'taze,' and 'snuck isn't a word.' I'm aware of the irony of that but I don't care. Guestimate is an ugly word in my opinion and TASER is a brand-name, it doesn't need the same name association as Hacky-Sack and Kleenex. Just use the word 'stun' for crying out loud! I like using snuck however because 'sneaked' is, again, in my opinion, an ugly word.

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
In any sort of work/collaborative effort, when someone says "It's not my fault!"

I don't give a flying fuck whose fault it is, just help FIX IT.

I can't even put into words how bad that irritates me.

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
I can't stand to hear people talking about High School Musical/ Twilight/anything else thats popular in my age group. You have more chance of convincing gravity to reverse then getting me to see any merit in these things.