Things you never got over?

gritch

Tastes like Science!
Feb 21, 2011
A Satanic Panda said:
Oh man, this brings back memories. One table talks too loudly, the whole class is punished. Did they do the thing where the lunch ladies turn off the lights to make the whole cafeteria be quiet?
Definitely. Though to little effect. Everyone was still just as loud.

Chezza

Feb 17, 2010
You mentioned Pokemon? That just made me remember something that still bothers me today. When I was a child in primarily school, grade 5, Pokemon trading cards were massive. No one actually battled or rarely traded but it was mostly a show off, ego thing if you had good cards.

Only one kid had Charizard who was like the pimp of the school for it. Except one day, THIS ONE DAY I got one!! I was so proud! I brought it to school the next day and showed it off. I was the next pimp. I put it with the rest of my shiny elite cards and wrapped them with an elastic band. However I had to hide the cards as they got banned in school so I left them in my pencil case with my Charizard hidden as we were told to leave our stuff in class and move to the computer room. By the time I returned they were stolen thanks to my negligence. Clearly someone saw me leave it in there.

Only until some point in highschool I was informed that a grade 6, one of the kids who always mildly picked on me stole my cards and sold them all. Man, I literally had dreams for a while that I found the cards or it was given back... that's how much I was affected. But such as life and lesson learned.

However, in saying that. I am 23 years old and to this day if I saw that guy who stole and sold my cards I would literally smash him with a rock or something dangerous. I should get over it, but I am not. It is just principle of it too. You as a child have the nerve to still something special from another child and sell it for cash is rather serious. I hope he f#*&ing gets cancer!

Ok gotta chill lol

michael87cn

Jan 12, 2011
Belated said:
Belated back again with another thread that gets uncomfortably personal with you and your honest feelings. Why? I dunno. Curiosity I guess. Anyway, onto the subject.

We've all had pasts. And if you're an average person, yours was probably full of ups and downs. Good things happened to you that you probably get nostalgic over, but bad things also happened to you. Things you feel you really should've "gotten over" by now, but never did. Don't worry, you're not alone. Events are easier to remember when they left an impression, good or bad.

So, what are some bad things that happened to you that still make you feel sad or angry to think about? I'm not talking like, big, epic, life-changing events or massive tragic stories. I'm talking about the little things. Maybe somebody erased your Pokemon save. Maybe a teacher punished you for something another kid did. Maybe your dad ate your french fries. Y'know, something petty but irritating.
We were rather poor when I was a kid and my dad used to make these disgusting potato skin sandwiches. My brother and I would gag them down because we were starving, but one time my brother refused to eat his and threw it away. I ate mine. My dad came back into the kitchen to throw something away and saw the sandwich in the garbage. He assumed I did it and made me eat it out of the garbage bag, if I remember correctly it had coffee grounds on it. I was 5 years old. (my brother didnt stand up for me, he was 8)

Also, one time my dad punched me in the face 3 times because I asked him to keep his voice down when I was trying to sleep (happened 3 years ago, im 24 atm)

Hm...

When I was 10 years old, some people i thought were my friends ganged up on me after PE class (5 boys) held my arms behind my back and threw basketballs at my face.

Oh and my little sister saved over my pokemon blue save that had something like 130+ pokemon. I was like O_O

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
PieceOfEden said:
Bombing academicly in highschool, thus shattering my hopes of becoming an astrophysicist
I know what that feels like...same here (except for the astrophysicist thing of coarse) but any dreams of doing succeeding in anything

launchpadmcqwak

Dec 6, 2011
not working hard last year in highschool and getting a bad report...i just have NO motivation for learning...my only ambition is to make it into the middle class of society and i don't want to be a fucking engineer...fucking every time "you should be an engineer" NO!!!...went off topic a bit there

monkeyonnos

Apr 9, 2011
When I was in elementary school, there was this kid that would pick on me and pester me everyday. I hated him. One day, he trapped me in a corner and tried to tackle me, so I punched him.

Doesn't sound so bad right?

The problem is, that later in life I found out that at the time he was still living with his biological parents and they were extremely abusive! I'm talking locking him in a closet for days, burning him on purpose, and punching him in the face daily kind of abuse. I cannot seem forgive myself for hitting a kid that was already getting abused.

SciMal

Dec 10, 2011
Belated said:
So, what are some bad things that happened to you that still make you feel sad or angry to think about? I'm not talking like, big, epic, life-changing events or massive tragic stories. I'm talking about the little things. Maybe somebody erased your Pokemon save. Maybe a teacher punished you for something another kid did. Maybe your dad ate your french fries. Y'know, something petty but irritating.
I don't keep track of the little things most of the time. I was quite the asshole to my little brother, yelled at him too much when we were younger, got too angry too many times, but I cooled down and we're fairly close now.

There's just too much big shit to get in the way that's eating at me. One of my earliest memories is seeing my mother crying on the stairs while the police lights came in from outside the window, my parents got divorced when I was ~6y.o., the best thing I can say about my father is "Well - he never beat me" (which isn't saying much), later on my at-the-time best friend from high school went behind my back with the woman I was madly in love with and conducted a relationship (only to cheat on her down the road) behind my back - which resulted in a suicide attempt by yours truly, I was molested by a neighbor as a kid, I spent several years living in an unfinished basement because of said father not paying child support and my single mother having to provide for my brother and I on a salary of <$30k/yr, and then after being the only parent worth a damn to us I watched my mother die a year-long death at the hands of Glioblastoma Multiforme (brain cancer) while she literally forgot I was her son at some points. Because of her unexpected demise (she was 41) my GPA dropped like a stone - from a 3.6 to a 2.7 - and for the first time in my college career I failed courses and I was kicked out of the Honors Society, which I forced myself to retake because I want to enter Med school.

Now my GPA is a 3.08 - which was damn hard to bring back up after switching from English to Biology courses and not being in a Science class for years or having a thorough understanding of what's now basic high school science since I'm a few years older than your average student (I took the SATs, to date me a tad).

So, yeah, after all that shit happened, little stuff doesn't really eat at me. It happens, I either don't give a Nickel's worth of my time or I fix it then and there. It makes me seem extremely apathetic or cold to most people - but I figure I have a good excuse.

If you let the tiny stuff gnaw at you on the inside, you're going to be absolutely paralyzed when the big stuff hits. Not worth it, and the people who cause it aren't worth it. Probably why I have so few friends, but the friends I do have I'm always glad to have around.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
F**king everything up between me and the girl I loved. We never were technically seeing each other, but I managed (somehow) to make a complete ass of myself and screw things up on a universal scale.

ZeronicX

Apr 4, 2011
What Irritates to this DAY is that one of my friends (A girl used to have a crush on for a the first year in Middle school) During the middle of winter break in 8th grade she just went up....
And left to Europe
She didn't tell anyone, it took me and my other friends to figure it out,
Now she did tell me in 6th grade that her new step-dad got a job in Europe and went there, her mother and her would move there in the end of 6th grade,
She post pone it to the end of 7th grade
then again to finishing middle school and starting high school in Europe, i took this with a grain of salt since the last two post postponements, so i just though she would finish high school in Austin

What sucked is that she never respond to any of us except her two best friends,
One of which got mad and told her out and stop receiving messages (which puzzled me, they've been friends since kindergarten) the other i didn't knew very well and i was shy so i never asked her so i was in a F**KED moment and well...... it sucks -_-

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
Agreeing to having my room painted over. The people who were supposed to paint it were never heard from again halfway through. The room is a mess and my parents have been putting it off for 6 FUCKING YEARS. 6 Years I haven't had my own room. I count the days until I move out so I don't have to go in the bathroom as my only means of getting some privacy.

figday

Mar 22, 2011
Hmm, I guess I'll chip in. On my latest ones :

1. Should've gone out of the house sooner
2. Dragon Age 2.. christ..
3. Should've dropped out of college when I had the chance
4. Some relationship-related stuff I should and shouldn't have done

fin.

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
When I was 3 my house was raided by the feds,
My dad had been running a meth lab.

I still get incredibly nervous around any cops.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Dead Island trailer. I was all about zombies after reading World War Z and the Zombie Survival Guide and ready for a serious zombie game. None of the "braaaains" crap. Then here comes the masterfully created "Dead Island" trailer making all excited, and then the devs tell everyone in an interview that we were going to be able to make electric machetes. Fuck you.

Also, high school.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Never got over my crushing fear of opening up to other people since middle school when all of my friends left me for drugs and such and i had to start from ground-zero.
I'm currently at about level 2 :D

ProtonGuy

Apr 7, 2011
Michael Bay destroying the Transformers franchise. Also Sonic Team really needs to give up trying and give the little blue guy to someone that doesn't hire chimps with down-syndrome.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
That "Men don't cry" thing, seriously that fucked me up, let's just say in the last 11 years I have cried a total of 2 times and one was because I had a mental breakdown and the other one was because of some repressed memory, but I'm over that now (I think), obviously the nervous breakdown was because all of my repressed feelings, but seriously that phrase is the reason I have no friends and don't talk to people, because I don't want to show my weakness to anybody and what better way than not having anybody to show it to, so yeah curse you stupid ass retarded phrase that was said to me at an impressionable age, curse you!