Things you regret saying on forums

Ironbat92

Nov 19, 2009
I've said somethings on this forum and others that I'm not proud of. One of my most famous post, DMC fans are the worst fans, had me miss judging people for what others did. Do believe that there are stupid fans? yes. Should I say that the whole fan base is a bunch of idiots who complain about Dante's New Look? No. I have heard some good reasons why they don't like the game and/or why they don't like the new Dante. It just made come off as a jerk, and I felt Pretentious say that. I defend Call of Duty fans by saying that just because they're are adolescent assholes who swear doesn't mean that everyones is like that, and here I am doing what people do to the people I defend. If there was a way to take down that post, I would, or at least try to put in captions that I'm being generalized and doesn't apply to everyone, Has this ever happened to you?

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Saying DNF is the worst game I've ever played when I reviewed it.
That generated quite a shit storm I wasn't expecting. While I don't exactly regret it too much, due to the comments it got for a user review here, it's something I don't really want to have happen again. :p

White Lightning

Feb 9, 2012
Do I regret the things I say on the internet, a place where I cannot and will not have to take reponsibility for my actions because no one on there knows where/who I am? Of course not don't be silly.

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
On lots of forums I regret posting my opinion sometimes. On certain topics, people get really angry when you hold a different view or present evidence against their opinion.

Full

Sep 3, 2012
There are a few things that don't represent my opinions anymore and make me out like a total idiot. Probably something super embarrassing, but nothing I can think of the top off my head.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I regret ever entering into any religious or politically-oriented discussion on these forums.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
The post that got me my first ever warning on here. It was 9/11 related, I shall say no more....

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Fappy said:
I regret ever entering into any religious or politically-oriented discussion on these forums.
This.

Also, I've fed trolls before a few times before I got a bit smarter.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Pretty much that worst raging people you encounted in a online game on here. I pretty set myself up as a dick and even when I did apologise for my statement, some people still argue against me even one try to flame bait me. Yesh people, I apologise, what more do you want other than trying to get me a warming?

Dec 14, 2009
bleys2487 said:
I'm a rape survivor. I always seem to regret ever bringing it up ://
Edit: Yeah, that's dumb, forget I said anything.

OT: I've said a number of things I regret, everyone does.

Said some dumb things about MLP when it first took off.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
bleys2487 said:
'Survive' isn't really the right word. You don't 'survive' being raped any more than you, say, 'survive' being robbed.

I'm guessing you regret mentioning it now, huh :D

Edit: The more I think about it, the more dumb that sounds. I'll leave it for now though.

Oh COME ON, I am having a hard time restraining myself as it is, trying very hard NOT to make an inappropriate joke and whatnot.

On topic:
Probably one of my earlier posts? I really don't know, I still do stand behind everything I said, save for a few occasions I changed my opinion later.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
My first few posts around here were pretty vitriolic. And poorly structured.

Walls of text, walls of text everywhere without formatting because I didn't know the BBCode for everything yet.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
I learnt from all that I typed, especially the "regrettable" posts. I also managed to avoid warnings... so nothing I regret long after the fact.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Honestly, I'm pretty careful in what I say. There are lots of things I regret thinking, but I usually know how to hold my tongue.

Coffeejack

Oct 1, 2012
I regret being overly polite and lying to protect people's feelings. I now realise that sets a precedent that I can't keep up because when it comes down to it, I suppose I just don't value many people's lives enough to be nice and comforting and caring all the time. Honesty is like nature. It is both beautiful and brutal.

bleys2487

Oct 28, 2010
Calibanbutcher said:
Daystar Clarion said:
bleys2487 said:
'Survive' isn't really the right word. You don't 'survive' being raped any more than you, say, 'survive' being robbed.

I'm guessing you regret mentioning it now, huh :D

Edit: The more I think about it, the more dumb that sounds. I'll leave it for now though.

Oh COME ON, I am having a hard time restraining myself as it is, trying very hard NOT to make an inappropriate joke and whatnot.
Yeah, I'm really learning not to be surprised anymore.

AperioContra

Aug 4, 2011
Anything I said on the internet before 2010, when I reached my mid twenties. Seriously, if somebody can figure out a time machine, I want to go back to every day of my life and slap myself.

I think I live my life foot-to-mouth.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
I REGRET NOTHING

Because I try not to say anything not lolz-related