Things you wish were normal to wear in public

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
Ok honestly lets bring back the monocle, doesnt matter if you need vision correctness or not just wear one.
Totaly agree. Also wouldn't mind being able to wear my Larping gear out in public, with out the police pulling me over cuase im carrying a sword. And also Steampunk goggels, yes I have a pair.

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
Bigsmith said:
xmetatr0nx said:
Ok honestly lets bring back the monocle, doesnt matter if you need vision correctness or not just wear one.
Totaly agree. Also wouldn't mind being able to wear my Larping gear out in public, with out the police pulling me over cuase im carrying a sword. And also Steampunk goggels, yes I have a pair.
someone should order like 1000 monocles, then have all the escapists wear them for a year, we could bring them back!!

edit: or we all just buy monocles

Avida

Oct 17, 2008
PJ's and/or dressing gowns, they're too sodding comfy to not be worn.

llewgriff

Feb 12, 2009
Everything, wouldn't it be great to wear what ever yo like, I would dress as altair ^^. Medevil clothes if I had too choose, long flowing robes and cloaks and junk just look badass.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Ok...personally, I'd like to be able to wear my body and have it considered normal, think about it, if we had a naked society, then fashion-conciousness would be non-existant, and nobody would feel insecure about their weight because it would be the norm XD.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
seydaman said:
Bigsmith said:
xmetatr0nx said:
someone should order like 1000 monocles, then have all the escapists wear them for a year, we could bring them back!!
We could bring them back, although it would be amazing if we could wear fantasy clothing (monocles included). Things like plate armor- leather armor- furs (fake ofc) and I don't see the problem of having a few dozen medievil style weapons attached to my belt. Honetaly... its not like we want to kill people with them. They just look so bloomin cool.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
seydaman said:
xmetatr0nx said:
Abedeus said:
In Poland I shouldn't wear hats yet. I'm 17, I want to wear them, but it would look weird.

Guess I'll wait those 3-5 years...

Oh, and suits. Again, at my age.
What the hell, is there an age limit for hats in poland?
**NEW LAW:no one under the age of 21 may wear suits** i want a suit to, ):, and some leather cloves..then possibly a bar code (kiding about the last one)
Hehe, I'm in Sixth Form in England, and our uniform is suits.

But I'd also like a monocle and a top hat with flames around the base.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Damien the Pigeon said:
Dude, if I could get Sora's outfit from Kingdom Hearts 2 (sans the ridiculous sized shoes and pants), I would be very happy. That would be so awesome to wear in public!
OMG DUDE! Why didn't I think of that?! Personally I'd love to have Riku's clothes, and his hair, and his keyblade...Scratch that, I'd just love to be Riku.

Matronadena

Mar 11, 2009
at least where I am " now" I want it to be Hakama/kimono-yukata...as I'm dressed in that alot as a doshi..

now my brother " who also moved to the states" still goes Kilted more often than not....it's less and less of a issue.. though he still has to beat off the women folk ( actually his wife is the one who has her guard up when he's kilted as he gets alot of stray hands, and bedroom eyes thrown his way when there out"

Bobkat1252

The Psychotic Psyker
Mar 18, 2008
My set of Mandalorian Armor, I get so many looks from people and everybody always asks me if I'm a Power Ranger, it drives me insane...

The Eaten Cake

Nov 26, 2008
seydaman said:
The Eaten Cake said:
A full suit of ceremonial armour, and a big sword.
how would that even be practical
edit: and you spelt armor wrong
Firstly, that's the English way of spelling armour, not the American English, and we came first. Secondly, it's not. That's the point.

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
Matronadena said:
at least where I am " now" I want it to be Hakama/kimono-yukata...as I'm dressed in that alot as a doshi..

now my brother " who also moved to the states" still goes Kilted more often than not....it's less and less of a issue.. though he still has to beat off the women folk ( actually his wife is the one who has her guard up when he's kilted as he gets alot of stray hands, and bedroom eyes thrown his way when there out"

Is he a true scot?

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
CaptainEgypt said:
Wow.

So everyone in this thread refrains from wearing things they like because they're somehow concerned with what random strangers will think when they see it.
Or what the local law enforcement thinks when they see it. Wanna know what I mean? try wearing a ski mask and stand in front of a bank.

I'll give you 5 to 10 minutes.