Things you wish were normal to wear in public

Thirsk

Jan 18, 2009
Swastikas. It's a universal sign meaning good luck and in my country, Denmark, it is a heathen sun-motif with deep roots in our history. Yet I can't wear them because the nazis seem to have patented them - So I can't wear a sign of prosperity without being connected with hate.

Infuriates me a bit.

shadow_pirate22

Aug 25, 2008
1.) A Kilt (in America). I'm thinking of wearing one anyway, but the only thing stopping me (besides not owning one) is that it would fell a little awkward.

2.) A cape

3.) A top hat.

4.) A gi (karate uniform). Those things are pretty comfortable.

5.) Nothing.

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
george144 said:
Skirts, its annoying that women can wear trousers fine nowadays but men aren't allowed to wear skirts, sexism in my book. Mind you I usually wear what I want, including blacked out sunglasses a lot of the time.
They thing you speak of equlivant is a kilt. But you better go commando. Or else you just look like an idiots. Whos going to be pulling up the kilt anyway?

retro himself

Nov 14, 2007
Bulletinmybrain said:
A overcoat, or more specifically a greatcoat. What? I assure you I am normal.
What? Since when are overcoats and greatcoats considered a strange thing to wear? I find them very tasteful and have a long coat myself.

Also, as someone pointed out, eyepatch and my personal favorite, gasmask. Or maybe even the full Combine suit from Half Life 2.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
Neonbob said:
Human skin. That isn't yours.
You know that's actually been tried, though it didnt work out all that well for poor old Ed Gein.

But for me, i'd have to say Ninja outfits, would be freaking awesome walking around as a ninja all day, though i'd look stupid in it anyways as im fat xD, but still, would be alot of fun, who's ever seen a fat ninja run around town? ^^

kawligia

Feb 24, 2009
I think we should all go back to togas. Simple and comfortable. What more could you want?

Bullfrog1983

Dec 3, 2008
I pretty much wear whatever I want... but I get what you mean.

I would have to go with something totally ludicrous like a viking helmet or a belt of bullets to look like a crazed bandito.

demonsaber

Apr 11, 2009
seydaman said:
Jumping_Over_Fences said:
No pants or shoes!

That would make my life easier. I know I am going in the opposite direction here, but still I don't want to have to wear pants or shoes in public. Mostly shoes, I hate those damn things.
try sandals
Barefoot is still better >_<

I usually wear sandals when I go to a store, but I normally walk barefoot. The only season I HAVE to wear shoes is summer, because where I live the concrete get's hot enough to burn the skin straight off your foot if you are out in it for longer than 1 minute.

demonsaber

Apr 11, 2009
shadow_pirate22 said:
1.) A Kilt (in America). I'm thinking of wearing one anyway, but the only thing stopping me (besides not owning one) is that it would fell a little awkward.

2.) A cape

3.) A top hat.

4.) A gi (karate uniform). Those things are pretty comfortable.

5.) Nothing.
I wore a kilt to school one day on a dare. Sitting in desks hurt my legs like hell though. Damn rivets kept attacking my legs. Makes me wonder how women can wear skirts to school.

TUNNEL_SNAKES_RULE

Mar 26, 2009
Thirsk said:
Swastikas. It's a universal sign meaning good luck and in my country, Denmark, it is a heathen sun-motif with deep roots in our history. Yet I can't wear them because the nazis seem to have patented them - So I can't wear a sign of prosperity without being connected with hate.

Infuriates me a bit.
Hmm,I did not know that.

HanksfriendDarrell

Apr 16, 2009
Viking helmet or anything with horns. i also made a pair of pants out of newspapers once, im afriad if i wear them out of the house something or someone might rip them off.

FeralPhantom

Apr 5, 2009
the only thing keeping me from wearing masks 24/7 is

1. I don't own any :(

2. My school doesn't allow anything to be worn on the head, they believe will use hats as gang symbols ( I live in a small town in Missouri, the last gun I saw was used to shoot a squirrel)

3. Store clerks assume your a robber if you come in wearing a mask, this one probably pisses me off the most