Thinking About Violent Games Makes Men More Aggressive

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
mjc0961 said:
Thinking about violent games doesn't make me more aggressive.

Reading about some asshole's bullshit study does, though. Your sample size is only 126 people? Fuck off, that means nothing compared to the MILLIONS of people who play video games.

But no, you told people about this bullshit and now idiots like the State of California will use this garbage to tell the Supreme Court that video games are bad. Fuck you, Bryan Gibson and Brad Bushman.
Hear hear. What a bloody waste of time. I wish I was a professor and could invent stupid research to do all the time. Oh how easy life would be :|

CronoT

May 15, 2010
Sounds like YET ANOTHER conclusion in search of a study to validate it. Whatever happened to the Scientific Method? Also, I'd like to know who or what funded the study.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
So more aggressive equals the same amount of anger I get when someone screws up my order at Subway? Great, I'm sure the anti-video game lobby will use this as ammo.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
I agree that games make you more aggressive. I don't see it as a bad thing. Being aggressive is a result of sudden hormone changes, and you can get a similar feeling from watching a sport, film or fight. It's not the same thing as making you violent, which is what some people will inevitably read into this

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
So? Does it really matter that they they used video games? Tell anyone to think about nothing but violent anything for day and I bet you'll get the same thing.