This illogical MW2 hate has got to stop

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008
GamingAwesome1 said:
I've said it before, the PC elitists are just being babies because their game isn't any better than the console version. Therefore they feel the need to whine as they're so used to being able to brag about their versions of games being better. Now that we're on equal terms, they can't handle it and spaz out.

I support IW for this really.

I'm saying this to the hateful trolls that marked down the PC version for not being "better" not all PC gamers as a whole.
IW must regret making a PC version at all. They will likely make so much money back from the 360 and PS3 versions that any MW3 will likely be console only - and that' even without the "piracy issue" being a factor.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
GamingAwesome1 said:
TelHybrid said:
GamingAwesome1 said:
I've said it before, the PC elitists are just being babies because their game isn't any better than the console version. Therefore they feel the need to whine as they're so used to being able to brag about their versions of games being better. Now that we're on equal terms, they can't handle it and spaz out.

I'm saying this to the hateful trolls that marked down the PC version for not being "better" not all PC gamers as a whole.
But then why are they dumbing down the PC version? why not just improve the console version?
You got me. But this is just my explanation as to why the PC version has such a low user score.
Then the blame would fall in MS and Sony's laps not IW's.

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
Dilla said:
UberMore said:
Shouldn't you be more annoyed that Console games wern't raised to the standard that a PC game is normally put at?
I wouldn't see this as a positive post, I'd see it more as a "wait: why is being the same as a console game seen as being downgraded?". And there is one answer to that: PC games normally have more added to them. The solution? Complain to the companies that have previously downgraded Console Ports and get them to make Console games to the same standard as a PC game normally would be.
I'm a believer in working to your means. You can only get so much on a DVD. Games for PC, that can be downloaded can incorporate so much more. Games on consoles have to be fit around the capabilities of the system they're being designed for. PC's evolve at a much higher rate the consoles are developed at.

I'm just trying to be positive minded over the whole issue!
A fair point, but there is no graphical different between the Consoles and the PC game has to fit on a much smaller disc than the Xbox version, which has to fit on a much smaller disc than the PS3 version, so everything the PC can (could) do, a console should be able to do at this point, bar modding and other things that require a PC, after all, this is where the game was built. And, with CoD, it's surely not difficult to integrate a dedicated server system or the ability to lean in a console; you can host a Private match, just use that same system for online. For leaning, just make it "hold sprint" while standing still.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Glademaster said:
Well I'm sorry but why should the standard of one be dropped when the standard of all can be raised?

Do you chop off one persons legs because their friend can't walk?

No you give the person a wheelchair or prosthetic or whatever is needed.

Also why should I not be angry for getting the full use of my system?
If I was a PS3 owner or 360 owner I would be pissed if a company decided to make the graphics the same as the Wii version to be fair to all platforms. Which is just pure laziness.
Now you mention that, dedicated servers are appearing more and more for console games with MAG for PS3 being a notable upcoming example and doesn't Resistance 2 have dedicated servers?

But I wonder if Mods, console-commands and other really wonderful standard PC features could even be supported on consoles. Does that even kind of defeat the purpose of a console being mainly for people who are - how do I put this diplomatically - "lacking in technical competence"?

Dilla

Jan 21, 2009
UberMore said:
Dilla said:
UberMore said:
Shouldn't you be more annoyed that Console games wern't raised to the standard that a PC game is normally put at?
I wouldn't see this as a positive post, I'd see it more as a "wait: why is being the same as a console game seen as being downgraded?". And there is one answer to that: PC games normally have more added to them. The solution? Complain to the companies that have previously downgraded Console Ports and get them to make Console games to the same standard as a PC game normally would be.
I'm a believer in working to your means. You can only get so much on a DVD. Games for PC, that can be downloaded can incorporate so much more. Games on consoles have to be fit around the capabilities of the system they're being designed for. PC's evolve at a much higher rate the consoles are developed at.

I'm just trying to be positive minded over the whole issue!
A fair point, but there is no graphical different between the Consoles and the PC game has to fit on a much smaller disc than the Xbox version, which has to fit on a much smaller disc than the PS3 version, so everything the PC can (could) do, a console should be able to do at this point, bar modding and other things that require a PC, after all, this is where the game was built. And, with CoD, it's surely not difficult to integrate a dedicated server system or the ability to lean in a console; you can host a Private match, just use that same system for online. For leaning, just make it "hold sprint" while standing still.
This is where my knowledge is limited. I appreciate the points you make and I don't dispute them it was just refreshing to see a thread take a more positive outlook on the matter!

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
I'm with the haters on this one. How else can you send a message to major gaming company that you're displeased with something they've done? We as consumers can either vote with our wallets or go on the internet and *****. I did both :).

Xaositect

Mar 6, 2008
Personally, I dont mind if people hate it. I havent bought it, so Im not qualified to hate it myself. I will say however that my non-purchase (despite finding the first Modern Warfare to be an excellent game) is because of two reasons:

1. Bobby Cocktick, I will not bend over and be fucked by a cock-blood sucking tick like you. Im already fucked in the ass when it comes to game prices regardless, and you, you fat faced **** go and make matters worse.

2. To put it simply the game has not demonstrated enough improvements for me to purchase. The campaign still looks to be shorter than some of my pisses have been, and the it looks to have gained a lot of ?cheese? in some regards. Like its trying too hard to be a blockbuster action movie.

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
Trotgar said:
Yes, it's idiotic to review it 1 or something just because they made the internet play worse.

The single player is probably good 'n all and the multiplayer can be ok too.

Even though I really hate it how 90% of people at the internet complained and yet they didn't give a shit.
Multiplayer is the ONLY good part of a CoD game(well, ever since CoD3 it is, but I've only ever played the CoD3 demo). And assuming it gets reviewed against previous versions, CoD7 adds nothing new and only removes features.
I am impressed by the game's optimization though. It's the first game in years where my FPS rarely drops under 20 and generally stays around 30 but that's a minor point since I'm not enjoying the game.

I do like that people are whining about a COMPLETELY ARBITRARY SCORE being "too low" and how someone's OPINION [http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/opinion?r=75] isn't the same as theirs.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Xaositect said:
Personally, I dont mind if people hate it. I havent bought it, so Im not qualified to hate it myself. I will say however that my non-purchase (despite finding the first Modern Warfare to be an excellent game) is because of two reasons:

1. Bobby Cocktick, I will not bend over and be fucked by a cock-blood sucking tick like you. Im already fucked in the ass when it comes to game prices regardless, and you, you fat faced **** go and make matters worse.

2. To put it simply the game has not demonstrated enough improvements for me to purchase. The campaign still looks to be shorter than some of my pisses have been, and the it looks to have gained a lot of ?cheese? in some regards. Like its trying too hard to be a blockbuster action movie.
Prices haven't been so bad for MW2 in the UK, to spite scare stories that it would retail for £55 on both console and PC, that just hasn't materialized over here at least.

PC version is going for about £35 which is fairly high for a PC game but not too ridiculous, I have already found a few places online selling it for under £30:

http://www.startupmedia.co.uk/p-490374-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-pc.aspx?CAWELAID=413230210

The console versions is going at around £45 for retail on the high-street which is again, pretty average for a new big budget/big name or "AAA" title as I've seen Uncharted 2 going for around £44.99 in most stores.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
GamingAwesome1 said:

I completly agree with this.:) Also you can't judge it before you try it

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
since when should others opinions count above your own if you like the game you shouldn't give a damn if everyone else is hating it

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
corroded said:
I'm sorry, but the Modern Warfare 2 user score is justified.

MW2, as much as it's seemingly trying to deny it, owes it's success to the amount of people who wanted to play it online. It is what kept prices of Modern Warfare high for a long time. It's online element is totally neutered on the PC, consoles might be used to this, but PC gamers are not. It's not we expect more. We don't expect more time, but lets face it, they wouldn't have had to do much work on the MW server to get it there. Competitive play on this system is a joke, if the system cannot be fair. With no mod support, and this literally is as much as having Dedicated Servers and some accessible APIs, which... were there anyway. They spent more time locking it down, than it would have been to leave it open basically.

I will not be buying Modern Warfare 2, and it's the only one i will not buy until at very least, IWNET is banished. No point in buying a game for £30 for an 8 hour Single Player campaign.

You might take that as gripes, but it's not a fair system, it has no competitive angle and thus it's useless for a large portion of the existing PC fanbase.

Oh, and the Pirates will still play it.

Uncompetative said:
IW must regret making a PC version at all. They will likely make so much money back from the 360 and PS3 versions that any MW3 will likely be console only - and that' even without the "piracy issue" being a factor.
I take it you are not aware of the growing rate of undetectable 360 Piracy?
I think since IW has now put most of their eggs in the Console basket (just see their (over)reaction to the piracy rates of COD4 on PC), then I suspect they will ignore the inconvenient statistics of console piracy for as long as possible probably while they probably work on their next COD game as a console exclusive.

It seems to be the main reason why IW has made this tangible shift from their PC background to now being so heavily console based is their paranoia over piracy and when I say Paranoia I mean it.

Turtleboy1017

Likes Turtles
Nov 16, 2008
People hate what they hate and love what they love.

The amazing problem here was the sudden surprise of it all. had they given us a demo, or told us before hand and responded to us... ya know like they actual CARED this game wouldn't be rated so low. Same with spore, some guys stumbled upon secuROM, said what the fuck is this shit? And everyone hated it because EA told no one, and barely responded until the lawsuits came rolling in.

The developers have no one to blame but themselves, all they had to do was keep us informed. Instead they dropped a bombshell on us, refused to respond, and now we resent them for that.

The_Bearded_One

Nov 9, 2009
The only thing i can really say about the whole MW2 situation is that some people are blowing this out of proportion. Will this ruin PC Gaming as whole? quite unlikely. If you want the game its your choice, if you dont that's fine too. COD4 was critically acclaimed but no other company making FPS's said "hey if their ideas work I'll put them into my game and it will sell just aswell"(even if they did they still did not probobly sell that well anyway).

In short, it's not the end of the world, im pretty sure PC gaming has more than enough games coming out soon that will have mods, dedicated servers etc.

coldshadow

Mar 19, 2009
I have yet to buy it. I plan on getting it but mainly for the single player. I dont see what they could add to the multiplayer, and I dont really enjoy the first MWs multiplayer to begin with. mabey I will borow it.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Illogical?

Oh yes, I forgot that adding at least £10 on to the price tag then removing features that vastly improve the game, have been present in all previous iterations and are easy to add is totally logical...

Anyway, what else can we do? I petitioned, that's my part. And I probably won't buy it for a while either.

The scores thing does make us look petty, but after a reasonable (around) 200,000 large signed petition, only to be told more features will be removed is ridiculous.

Unfortunately, next time they'll probably use the argument that no one bought the PC version this time, so they won't make another on the PC.

Besides, if console gamers want to take what ever is thrown at them up the arse then that's their decision, and if PC gamers want to petition their arses off that's theirs.

EDIT: Someone mentioned this ruining PC gaming. No, it won't. But if Activision get away with this price rise, others will follow. And another dev has already said they won't bother with dedicated servers as well.