This makes me fear our future.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
At first I was sad reading that story.

But then I read this: 'Justin, a slim, shy 14-year-old who carefully swept his blond bangs to the side like his namesake, Bieber, studied his mom's face. "I'm pretty sure I'm gay," he answered softly, then abruptly changed his mind. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait!" he shouted ? out of character for the quiet boy ? "I'm positive. I am gay," Justin proclaimed.' and I laughed heartily.

But then I read the rest and was sad again.

Hasido

Jun 20, 2011
evilneko said:
This guy's head.

On a platter.

NOW.
im not sure if that's more congruous with your name, or incongruous with your avatar

OT: Why are people such terrible people? I am trying to come up with things to say here, but nothings coming.

I think my amount of hot anger on these subjects have been used up, and all i have left is cold hatred for this kind of person.

Combustion Kevin said:
tire irons, one dollah!

get yer tire irons here, just one dollah!
torches and pitchforks come at discount if you trade in some ignorant dickblister's teeth, act now!
I'll take it! I'll take twelve!

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
It's been little over 50 years since Little Rock. What happened to the government willing to mobilize their armed forces to protect the rights of it's citizens?

KiloFox

Aug 16, 2011
damn... i'm glad my school didn't have a policy like that... i came out as gay in high school and it was fine... yeah my friends had another thing to jest at (all in good fun we never meant anything by it and we all knew it) but apart from them hardly anyone actually knew. i just acted like anyone else. and while homosexuality was never openly discussed at our school (which i find odd now considering its proximity to San Francisco) we still had a GSA and LGBTQ stuff... (though i wasn't a part of it) hell the school even employed an openly gay teacher who i had the pleasure of having as my sophomore English teacher. and he was probably the most awesome teacher in the whole school. and he taught his class with a passion. (hell all the students loved him... he would basically rant and rave in front of the class and we'd have fun for the first 45 minutes and then the last 15 minutes of class we'd actually work, and we'd get more work done in that 15 minutes than ANY class did in the entire hour of class...)

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
Redlin5 said:
You might want to take some quotes from that article and put them in your OP to a low content wrathing but whoa...

That's... that is some serious shit. I'm glad I didn't grow up in an environment that treated homosexuality like that but man. Highschool is hard enough without everyone trying to convert you or denouncing you as an abomination. That loss of life is unacceptable.
The really fucked up part is that if you actually read Leviticus it says IT is an abomination meaning the sex not the person.

OT: These people are reprehensible; they are the worst kind of Christian. I would go as far to say that they're Christians in the same way that a cow in a tree is a bird. It's just disgusting what they're doing. These types of people are the kind that give Christianity a bad name, and ammunition to Anti-Theist. As Christians they're supposed to be followers of Christ, and I'm pretty sure Christ would be screaming at them for this and call their preachers false prophets and curse them. It's just so damn deplorable it makes me literally physically want to throw up.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
The world is changing. It may not be clear right now, but it IS for the better.

If something is changing, people will rise to oppose it. The speed in which western culture is changing, and accepting people that were discriminated before is causing the opposition to become more extreme in the way they oppose. It's a very unfortunate part of social development. But it will get better.

Things always have to get worse before they get better.

darthotaku

Aug 20, 2010
If people tried that in my school, there'd be a mysterious lack of witnesses when the homophobe was beaten in broad day light.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Love and tolerate, love and tolerate, love and tolerate...

Gah, I can't do it! The level of stupidity in that town is too great!

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
People have the right to believe what they want. If they don't agree with same sex relations then its up to them and they shouldn't have to change. BUT. They also don't have the right to spread or preach hatred.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Terminate421 said:
Chanel Tompkins said:
Good god. I'm Christian, and I still want to tell those people to go eat a dick.
You and I have every right to tell other Christians who soil the very good name we are that they can go eat a dick. Or even call them inhuman fuck douches. I'm catholic and I think people in my religion who do this are assho- No. BEYOND Assholes.
You... you don't mean rectums do you? Or worse, Colons? Wow, they are truly awful.

On topic. I read that whole article... I'm sick with fury. I cannot even begin to explain how much I want to strangle those who are both involved in and perpetrated this abuse, but the inhumane reaction the teachers and staff make me see red far more so. Schools are meant to be safe havens for all kids, an place for learning and acquiring perspective. Instead this school advocates intolerance and feigns obliviousness. Who suffers? The kids.

Fuck this shit, how can we live in a world where a gay community can't create an institution within a school, while completely bigots like those extreme winged Religious groups can preach their vitriolic bile from dawn to dusk. Fuck it. I want nothing more then to smash something, preferably pulpable and crunchy emulating a human head.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
..what, just... WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?!?! Isn't Christianity about love and respect? Goddamned hypocrites.

God, and my folk wonder why I hate people so much!

German Lynx

Mar 4, 2011
Living in a small, conservative town I can promise you this isn't an isolated incident. At my district alone there's been at least 2 other suicides in the past few years due to the tight-knit community's ability to alienate someone to such a degree that they see no other option but taking their own life. These places are pockets of hell on earth that take two steps back in human development for civilized society's one step forward. Man do I hate right-wing small towns and the cult-cloaked-as-christian religious freaks that inhabit them. Thank God they're *somewhat* few and far between.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
It IS infuriating, and it's....mystifying. How can somebody possibly rationalise this in their heads? Kids are kids, and they're vicious motherfuckers. A hundred people could commit suicide and the kids would never realise it was their fault. That's how they are.
What I can't understand is what possesses people to support and propagate this kind of environment. How can anybody genuinely sit down and say to themselves "The Gay is an evil, corrupting influence that will give my 15-year old AIDS."? I just can't understand it. And I can't understand how anybody can believe the shit these evangelists spout...no rational-minded person would ever pass or agree to it.
I can understand the teachers being frightened. I can understand the district panicking and fatally fumbling the situation. These all have logical causes.

This...fear...of homosexuality does not. But that's what it is. It's not hatred, it's not about being superior, and it's certainly not about the Bible. This is fear, plain and simple.

And it doesn't make any damn sense.

I'm not gay myself. Not even a little bit. But it's because I'm so straight that I'm entirely comfortable in flirtatious exchanges with both sexes, with the knowledge that I'm not suddenly going to develop a craving for cock, or whatever the hell these propaganda artists are so afraid of. A gay man kissed me on the cheek in a playful attempt to make me uncomfortable. It didn't work. I wasn't concerned. So I can't see this moral abomination that these evangelists see. I can't understand their crippling fear.

I can't understand why anybody would go so violently out of their way just to make life hard for a lifestyle. Here in England, we do of course have our homophobes. But homosexuality is more accepted simply because we English are notorious for not giving a shit. If we're frightened and don't know how to react, we simply don't react. Eventually the fear goes and the community accepts this new, alien phenomenon.
American society seems so much more open to abuse - you gather enough fanatics in one place and they take over a town, and anybody who argues with them is a God-hating, Satanic Gothic homosexual paedophile.

And it's because they're so vocal that they get heard. They just need to feel the back of a good, manly hand colliding with their hateful faces at one of their little 'sermons'.

sifffffff

Oct 28, 2011
Please don't read this and think all of Minnesota is like this. Please! It's a really great place to live. I actually live in fucking Bachman's district and I didn't vote for her. I'm just throwing it out there that MN is a pretty liberal state but unfortunately I've seen a rise in what isn't really conservatism but more like stupidism.

apomk2

Dec 17, 2010
krazykidd said:
Same principle applies here , if someone doesn't like homosexuals, you can't force the person to like them, that is their right
You make it sound like "rights" are some kind of law of nature. They aren't. They are made up stuff put in place to help a society function. If they fail to do that, they need to be changed. Here in Germany, "insulting, maliciously maligning, or defaming segments of the population" is strictly illegal. Probably because our ancestors learned the hard way where it leads to if you let free speech run unchecked. It can't stop people from thinking that way, but it's quite helpful for stopping them from spreading their corrupted ideas, which are the sole reason why people start thinking that way in the first place. Nothing good comes from xenophobia or homophobia, so there is no reason for allowing it to exist.

Terminate421 said:
You and I have every right to tell other Christians who soil the very good name we are that they can go eat a dick. Or even call them inhuman fuck douches. I'm catholic and I think people in my religion who do this are assho- No. BEYOND Assholes.
I'm willing to accept that many if not most Christians are good, decent people at heart. But I'm sorry to inform you that those Christians are still very much a big part of the problem. It's great to hear that your morals are so profound that you're capable of distancing yourself from the darker parts of the Bible, but even though you don't agree with all of it's message, and excuse the caps, YOU ARE STILL HELPING TO SPREAD ALL OF IT'S MESSAGE.

The difference between a fringe group of demented people and a World Religion is you. Those homophobic evangelicals might only be a very small minority, but they are backed by a silent majority that gives credence to their cause by identifying themselves with the same, completely hollow umbrella term that is "Christian". It's like saying even though you are proud to be a Nazi and happily wear their uniform and come to their meetings, you are very much opposed to the way they treat Jews, and actually expect absolution for saying so. They didn't just come up with homophobia (and antisemitism, by the way). It *IS* part of the Christian message.

westcoast1313

Aug 31, 2009
Well im not the most loving person when it come to gays but come on, that is just wrong...
Those people should be shot, hanged from a tree and dragged by a muscle car.