Those "I'm Fucked" moments.

captain wow

Apr 3, 2009
That time, when I was a kid, that I fell flat on my back on the tracks in front of an oncoming train.

That time when our tree house went on fire with my friends and me sitting in it (long story).

That other time when our tree house went on fire with my friends and me sitting in it (we didn't learn from the first time).

The time I accidentally set the spare room in my parents house on fire. I was like 5 years old and discovered matches for the first time. I'm making myself sound like a pyro or something here but they were all accidents. I actually thought my parents were going to kill me.

And those many, many, many times when I was a nightclub bouncer. There's nothing like getting attacked by stag parties and the like to make you think you're totally fucked

HuntrRose

Apr 28, 2009
IRL:
Snowy, icy road. Got a my car into a skid in a curve. went sideways for about a 100 meters towards oncoming traffic. I was SURE I was gonna crash...

Dead tired and looking for a place to stop the car so I could take a nap. Woke up to sparks flying of the side of my car...

Bad Company 2:
Defending a M-COM station we just placed a charge on. Got 2 medics with wild firing from my assault rifle emptying the clip, switched to pistol and emptied it into the face of the accompanying recon. Then while reloading I see another medic come in firing...

iFail69

Nov 17, 2009
L4D2 when you hear the horde music and you are completely exposed

That's the easiest, just combine that with the sound of any of the special infected lurking about and you just know you are fucked :p

IRL: phone rings, I pick up to hear "where are you, your exam starts in 10 minutes!!!" I have never moved so quickly (even though it was a 20 minute car journey)

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
ReckzB said:
When I walked out of that barn...

Someone should pick up on that sooner or later.
Seconded!

On a related note in RDR:

I was happily wandering the wilderness hunting beavers when I spotted a bird that I had not yet slaughtered and harvested. I entered dead eye and was just carefuly aiming it when something appeared in the top right corner of my screen, a massive bear's head, jaws wide open, inching slowly towards my rather vulnerable body. I just looked at it and said... oh fuck. Of course Dead eye ran out, the bear mauled me and I tumbled rather magnificently off the little cliff and into the river, most definately dead. It was epic, I laughed for so long!

Estolcles

Jun 17, 2010
In Game:

I have 3 favorites I remember most:

1) the original DooM, Episode 2, Mission 8: "Tower Of Babel". Ultraviolent difficulty. 47 health. All I have is a shotgun with 2 shells, and a crappy mouse. All of a sudden, you hear the stomping and a rocket launch, and hello CYBERDEMON. Yeah, he owned me. Quickly. I didn't even bother looking.

2) EverCrack (playing on the Project 1999 Emulated Server): I'm playing a Paladin, I've used my Lay Hands. I'm bound in Kelethin (G-Fay) and I'm running through East Karana because I've done the run a million times without issue (3 times that day already). Well, a Griffon pops on top of me, and that first red hit warning, I know my fate.... a decent hour-hour and a half run back to my corpse.

3) Dynasty Warriors 6 for 360: The Battle Of Hu Lao Gate.
Every time Lu Bu shows up. EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's gotten to a point I just forget anything about him, and try to kill Dong Zhou as quick as possible.

IRL:

As a pro wrestler, I'm used to the 'I'm Fucked' feeling. But there's two that stand out:

1) I'm about to get powerbombed through a BROKEN PIECE OF TABLE. I know something doesn't feel right, and the board falls over, and the guy "loses his grip" (Part of me still thinks it was on purpose due to an earlier spot), and I get dropped on the top of my skull. Bad stinger, lost an 8th of an inch in height.

2) Me and my opponent are about to finish our match to end a very long-running feud, and we have set up the sickest spot we could think of to end it all: Assault Driver off the roof of a building through a stack of tables covered in light tubes and barbed wire. Good 2 story drop. We're up there, I'm on the opponent's shoulders... he bobbles. I know I'm fucked. He tosses me (instead of the original plan of him going off the roof with me), and SOMEHOW he keeps me from getting killed by pulling me back towards him by my wrists as I start my fall before he lets me completely go... but if he hadn't, I would have landed on the back of my neck on the edge of a table and probably bounced off to my death.

Just a close call, but still close enough to an "I'm Fucked" moment to count.

HeySeansOnline

Apr 17, 2009
Gym class, second grade, my school was full of morons and the gym teacher decided it was a good idea to have us swing in circles on the rope, they got the eighth graders to swing us because they could make us go fast, when its my turn i'm forced on, and as I try to hang on for dear life spinning fast I lose my grip and go flying halfway across the room. Not a good feeling at seven years old.

In games, trying to put up a pitiful defense in Halo Wars, I had a full population of Jackals, Grunts, and Banshees, my partner had some locusts, I sent a scout banshee only to see the three members of the other team were running with vampires, ODST's, and Grizzlies, we got messed up ... bad.

Antiparticle

Dec 8, 2008
That happens to me from time to time in TF2, especially on control point maps. We'll be desperately defending the last point, with half our team in the respawn queue, when suddenly a huge enemy force bursts through the doors. Soldiers, Demomen, a Medic with a full uber, the works. That's the moment when I say "Guys, we're fucked." and just try to die with honor..

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Time two guys, one small and grinning one fucking huge and scowling, walked up to me with the smaller one shining a laser-pen in my eye.

"Oh shiiiii-"

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Trying to punch on with a grizzly bear in Red Dead Redemption. it was funny until I saw three more grizzly bears running to their friend's aid. :D

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Cleaning the kitched at 3am when all of the "adults" are asleep, I open the cupboard & everything falls out, including a metal 4 piece steamer set. You can hear everyone wake up at once.

Going to the store half asleep & closing the auto-lock doors, only to discover that Ma forgot to take the key out of the ignition.

Looking out your window & noticing water gushing out of your garage, again.

& for gaming, geting stuck in a texture while a bunch of enemies are rushing toward you.

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
I've never felt that ingame, probably because I know I can try again. But in real life...well. I have a lot of those moments. I rely on luck too much. The most recent incident was my first time on a skateboard; I was going downhill relatively fast without any protective gear on. It was 5 AM and still dark, and before I could stop myself, I veered into the nature strip and knocked someone's bin over. Fortunately it was crammed full of plastic bags, so nothing fell out. I wasn't cut, just a few grazes, scrapes, and a lot of bruises, but it still hurt like hell to move.

I couldn't figure out a way of getting home that didn't involve extreme pain, humiliation or angry parents. I can just imagine what would have happened if I'd called home. So I chose extreme pain, and managed to get home before anyone realised I'd gone out. Carrying a skateboard for that long without being able to use it was a pain as well.

Soboth

Feb 18, 2010
Before this one boss fight, i forgot what game it was, i needed this one item, and i totally forgot about it, so i enter the next room and theres a dinosaur waiting to tear my head off like a problem child with a teddy bear.

Anthropaphagi

May 6, 2010
Does getting the RROD count? Cuz yeah, I surely felt fucked after that. Especially as my Xbox is out of warranty. Also I'd just purchased Red Dead Redemption. Still feeling fucked as I'd had to lend money to a friend, money I would have used to buy my replacement Xbox. Yup, I'm fucked until the end of the month. PITY ME!!!

Willis_D

May 27, 2009
I've had that experience for every exam I've had for my Leaving Cert at the moment
(only one left :D)

Nbasa Whiteye

May 27, 2010
When I was just a little kid me and my friend used to go to this nearby pond during the winter months when it was frozen. The game was to start at one end and rocking back and forth break pieces of ice. So we were about halfway done, meaning we were in the middle of the pond, standing on ice rocking back and forth when suddenly we see a crack starting to appear which then proceeds to go around us and come back to the other edge of the ice. I consider that one of my more memorable oh fuck moments.

GuyWithABeard

May 27, 2010
Well, I managed to smash a window by tripping up and flying on someone who weighed 16 stone.

We didn't get billed though, luckily.