THQ Stock Price Crashes

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Slycne said:
DVS BSTrD said:

Well that didn't take long. They split on their investors, now their investors are splitting on them.
Tell that to Relic Entertainment, Vigil Games and Volition, who are all genuinely talented developers that will be affected by THQ's mismanagement.
But that'd take empathy. Don't have time to have empathy when you have smartass comments to make! Everyone knows that.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Now I just really hope CD Project saved up enough rupees for a substantial shopping spree, if any of the others pick up their tab... the next few years could be looking rather grim.

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
This is really unfortunate. I hope they survive long enough to release Company of Heroes 2 and Metro:Last Light.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Andy Shandy said:
gigastar said:
Andy Shandy said:
gigastar said:
Oh Christ, I completely forgot about the mess that was the uDraw thing. Who the bloody hell though that was a good idea? XD
Fappy said:
Nihlus2 said:
Fappy said:
I'm beginning to think a buy-out will be the best case scenario for THQ at this point.
Which is not really a comforting thought, considering who the primary buy-out'ers might be.
I don't want to think about it :(
Let us all pray that Valve could perhaps find some of the stuff interesting enough to make sure it doesn't fall into EA's grubby mitts.
Quite frankly Valve isnt in the habit of purchasing companies. I think Take Two would be best suited to buy them, if only for thier remaining quality developers.
Hmm...Take Two could work quite well. I just completely forgot about them.

Anyone besides EA or Activision would be preferable.
To be honest i dont think they would take interest in a publisher that deals exclusively in non-generic games with a mediocre sales history.

EA might if they felt like owning the IPs of yet more MMFPS's, but i doubt THQ would sell out to them if they could avoid it. Its well known what happens to developers at EA when they think you underperform, and what happens to franchises when they think you could do better.

Also i think Relic would sooner perform collective seppuku rather than be forced to release games exclusively on Origin.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
I hope that if they go under the good games (the ones I like :p) get picked up by another group. They did make some risky games and I guess it has come back to get them.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Well Volition shouldn't have played Russian Roulette with an automatic when it came to the Red Faction and Saints Row franchises.

Seriously they pulled the same BS twice. RF:Guerrilla was great, then they took out anything that made the game great and made RF:Armageddon. Did the same thing with Saints Row 2 to SR3. AND they tried to use it as a DLC money machine. They can die for all I care, Relic and Vigil needs to stay running though. They actually make decent games.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
Frostbite3789 said:
Slycne said:
DVS BSTrD said:

Well that didn't take long. They split on their investors, now their investors are splitting on them.
Tell that to Relic Entertainment, Vigil Games and Volition, who are all genuinely talented developers that will be affected by THQ's mismanagement.
But that'd take empathy. Don't have time to have empathy when you have smartass comments to make! Everyone knows that.
Oh I've got empathy, I just prefer not to waste it on people who make mediocre games.
So Homeworld, the Dawn of War Series, Company of Heroes, Darksiders and the Metro Franchise are all mediocre to you? Or are you just being petty for the sake of it?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
This sucks, THQ was one of the last big publishers who seemed willing to make games that weren't just modern military shooters. Ill bet the lesson that the industry will learn from this is that they didn't copy call of duty enough.

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
Trying not to feel schadenfreude over Volition after Saints Row 3 (i.e. replacing everything good about SR2 with purple dildos)... trying... trying...

Failed. I'm a bad person.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
Soviet Heavy said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Frostbite3789 said:
Slycne said:
DVS BSTrD said:

Oh I've got empathy, I just prefer not to waste it on people who make mediocre games.
So Homeworld, the Dawn of War Series, Company of Heroes, Darksiders and the Metro Franchise are all mediocre to you? Or are you just being petty for the sake of it?
Well Darksiders was yes, I'm not saying that they haven't made good games but you shouldn't be surprised when your stock does poorly after your games do poorly. There were bad business decisions that were out of their hands and I still feel sorry for Relic, Vigil and even Volition, but not THQ.
Then throw your bile at the people who deserve it, not the guys getting fucked over because of someone else's incompetence. THQ doesn't make the games (most of the time), but they make the publishing decisions.

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008

I know THQ wasn't all that 'good', but it's always sad to see developers and publishers suffer.

I wish all the employees the best of luck cause it looks like there's gonna be hell of a lot of people out of work.

Captcha: Move over. Damn captcha you're heatless, almost as much as that 'no fucks' guy...

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Honestly, I really don't care about THQ. That company can burn for pushing just as hard as EA with their Project $10 equivalent, not to mention all the shovelware they made on the GBA.

Seriously, am I the only one around here whose main experience with THQ has been shovelware? I know they have some real games, but it doesn't seem to be at the core of their business plan.

flarty

Apr 26, 2012
DVS BSTrD said:
Frostbite3789 said:
Slycne said:
DVS BSTrD said:

Unfortunately thats subjective, not a fact.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Having trouble thinking of a nicer group of people for it to happen to.

And while I have nothing against Relic or Vigil, I can't say I'll shed a tear for Voliton.

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
:/ I was looking forward to Dawn of War 3 someday, with the idea that it'd undo what I didn't care for with DoW2. Here's hoping someone is mad enough to tackle the WH40k setting with an RTS, if only so I can stop playing the first one.