Time Travellers are real? or were in 1928...

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
This is really...really weird... on this video, you see a women talking into a mobile phone...only problem is this video was in 1928...at the premier of Charlie Chaplin i believe...

what do you guys think? this is video has got me all bamboozled O_O

here is the article i found it on http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blog/article/57334/time-traveller-spotted-at-chaplin-premiere.html

Then we have this image

This image was posted by dcrane. The tall guy wearing seemingly modern sunglasses, T-shirt, jacket and holding a Portable Camera...only problem...it's in 1940...

Link: http://forgetomori.com/2010/fortean/time-traveler-caught-in-museum-photo/

Found this one from the same site

The guy with the Mug Shot, disappeared without a trace, and claimed to be a Time Traveller from the year 2256...

Probably sent back to kill the Terminator... :p

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Diagonal Horizontality said:
How would a mobile phone work before all the cell towers were built?
She was probably just a crazy person talking into her wallet, or something.
Unless in the future they don't need cell towers.

Technocrat

Nov 19, 2008
bleachigo10 said:
How would a mobile phone work before all the cell towers were built?
She was probably just a crazy person talking into her wallet, or something.
In the past, surely?

Things like this, which would normally come under an "isn't that funny?" section in a magazine being pushed as "news" show us what a slow news day it is.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
bleachigo10 said:
Okay, but if she is a legitimate time traveller, wouldn't she go back in time again to prevent herself from appearing on camera using a phone, thereby preventing this thread from ever being created?
I stand by my crazy wallet theory.
Maybe she got stuck?

The Doctor might of left her there!

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
7moreDead said:
Is it me or is it a slightly transparent person ;)- Or I am I just seeing the fade transition on the close up o.0
Think it's just the camera's in them days, making the image slightly blury so it looks as if the person is transparent :p

Bluesclues

Dec 18, 2009
arc1991 said:
This is really...really weird... on this video, you see a women talking into a mobile phone...only problem is this video was in 1928...at the premier of Charlie Chaplin i believe...

what do you guys think? this is video has got me all bamboozled O_O

here is the article i found it on http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blog/article/57334/time-traveller-spotted-at-chaplin-premiere.html

The weird thing is I just finished watching this video on Yahoo before coming here. Great minds think alike I suppose XD

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
By any chance, was it the premier of Modern Times? (That being, of course, the Chaplin film on modernization and so forth.) Because if it WAS...and they had a guy walking around with a thing that was meant to seem like a phone that would operate cordlessly...then it could have been deliberate.

curty129

Jul 24, 2009
Er. Isn't she scratching her face? Her middle finger is going at it.

..or perhaps she's mocking this thread D: SHE KNOWS.

RocksW

Feb 26, 2010
To me it looks like a woman fixing her earings?

actually no sorry watched it again... looks a bit unwieldy for a mobile phone from the future though

JPH330

Blogger Person
Jan 31, 2010
Time travel is completely implausible. It could be a crazy person (like that earlier poster said) or the video could be fake or something. If someone traveled back in time, he wouldn't be using a cell phone to talk, because 1, as multiple people have already pointed out, cell phones wouldn't work in the past, and 2, because surely they would try to be inconspicuous.

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
Oh, I heard about this on the radio this morning! Made the DJ's lose their minds. Classic Morning Buzz.

chenry

Oct 31, 2007
Oh yeah, it's a time traveler.

Pardon me, but Occam's Razor doesn't say "jump to the stupidest possible answer", it says "simplest". Someone is scratching their face. And in a crowd of people, it's totally inconceivable that she'd be talking to someone off camera.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
FalloutJack said:
By any chance, was it the premier of Modern Times? (That being, of course, the Chaplin film on modernization and so forth.) Because if it WAS...and they had a guy walking around with a thing that was meant to seem like a phone that would operate cordlessly...then it could have been deliberate.
Nope, take a look at the article, people are baffled buy it, cynics have been looking at the video and cannot find an explanation other than"time traveller"