Titanfall is Going Full Open Beta - Update 3

gussy1z

Aug 8, 2008
TomWiley said:
gussy1z said:
With Titanfall being a completely new IP people NEED a way of testing it for themselves. So why the hell does this game have a temporary beta test only allowing a limited number of people to try it out? We need demos or some way we can all try this game out, its really not enough to read reviews or blindly follow hype. There needs to be a way that we can all see that this game is like for ourselves.

Personally I wont be getting this game because I didn't get into the beta (although I did sign up). As I have no way of knowing how the game plays and I am not willing to drop £45 on a game I've never played.
Wait, are you saying that every game that is a "new" intellectual property must allow all gamers to try it out for free before selling it? And it upsets you if they don't?

That doesn't make one lick of sense.
yes exactly that. Its not going to upset me but I'm not willing to pay that much for something I have no idea if I'll actually like. We need demos to come back. You wouldn't buy a car without test driving it fist. Especially if its some new car model you've have heard of.

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
As of 11 AM PST this method for gaining beta access still works. Currently downloading. I literally stopped playing online multiplayer games with CS: Source, but there's just something about Titanfall that has reawakened my desire to play competitive multiplayer.

Aikayai

May 31, 2011
So who wants to spend £45 on a game that won't work on release day!?

Good luck to all of you.

ksn0va

Jun 9, 2008
Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:
Ralphfromdk said:
Oh sweet, open beta. Better head over to the site and do the sign up thing now.

"Thanks for your interest in the beta! We?ve reached the maximum number of sign-ups and can?t accept any more at this time. We?ll see you in March!"

Well fuck you. Don't call it open if it's still limited like that.
My thought process exactly.

"Hey, let's throw all the switches and stress the game!"

"WAIT WAIT NO WE CAN ONLY HAVE A FEW PEOPLE SIGNED UP"

And to think, this game had finally earned a tiny bit of excitement from me.
How did you not register for it in the first place?