Tomorrow I'm gonna do something stupid and pointless with little chance of success.

Samantha Burt

Jan 30, 2012
I wish you the best of luck. If nothing else, perhaps you'll gain a friend, and be able to keep in touch much longer. The worst she can do is say no. :)

Carpe diem.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
This is ridiculous. I love it! Good luck sir, may the best of luck be with you!

Supah

Oct 22, 2011
Strain42 said:
Wish me luck!

...For those of you who want some more details here about what you're wishing me luck for. I'm about to ask out a professor at my school.

My final semester as a student here is about to end, and I can't let myself leave the school forever without taking this shot.

Chances are she'll say No (and I'm not saying this as any sort of confidence issue just...I mean in the given scenario, it makes sense lol)

But I'm gonna go for it. Carpe Diem and all the jazz!

... Alright officially I need you to PM with the results. Its necessary for me to know lol.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Supah said:
Strain42 said:
Wish me luck!

...For those of you who want some more details here about what you're wishing me luck for. I'm about to ask out a professor at my school.

My final semester as a student here is about to end, and I can't let myself leave the school forever without taking this shot.

Chances are she'll say No (and I'm not saying this as any sort of confidence issue just...I mean in the given scenario, it makes sense lol)

... Alright officially I need you to PM with the results. Its necessary for me to know lol.
Check page 5 at post 152.

Supah

Oct 22, 2011
Yeah sorry bout that, I read up a few comments and noticed what happened so I skimmed through the thread til I found out what happened. Anyhow, sucks that it turned out that way but I gotta respect an attempt like that lol. I doubt I would've had the guts to even try in your shoes.

TotalerKrieger

Nov 12, 2011
I salute you Sir, if you lived nearby I would award you with the finest cheapest cigar available at the local smoke shop.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted, but well done for trying! That takes a serious amount of courage.

TheAmazingHobo

Oct 26, 2010
Good man.

Whenever you think back, you will now never have to say "I wonder what would have happened...",
instead you can say "It didn´t work. But I tried."
And trust me, in the long run, that is the much sweeter thought.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
I tip my hat for you good sir, For you have some brass balls.

To bad that it didn't work out. But what can you do in a sitaution like that except kill the guy that is in your way then back of like a gentleman and move forward.

Better luck next time.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Strain42 said:
Woah woah woah woah woah woah woah

The imaginary beers are on you? Bullfuckenshit!

Here ya go, a nice pint of Hobgoblin!

But yeah, my hats off to you sir.

Xannidel

Feb 16, 2011
A nice story to read and even though it did not have the best happy ending in the world, it still proves that guys can do some pretty outrages things for someone they like. Like many before me said, you got balls and I admire your courage to do that.
I tip my hat off to you and wish you the best.

Captcha quote: "june july"
Possible prediction for the upcoming months? Beach weather sounds pretty good to me :D

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Oh, and this has nothing to do with the story, but I also saw a REALLY bad-ass truck on my ride home. It was a bright green truck and on the back was a mural of the Green Goblin holding a pumpkin bomb and looking at a city and it had letters that said "This city belongs to me!"

...It was pretty cool.

I'm glad you've all enjoyed the story. I wish you all luck on your future endeavors as well. And seriously, thanks for all the kudos and support...and imaginary beer.

That Hobgoblin really hit the spot lol

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
i really wish my forever alone friend would take advice from you, yh you failed but unlike most people you actually gave it a shot and i tip my hate to you sir

GameChanger

Sep 5, 2011
I wish I had teachers that were worth asking out.

Kudos for the courage though! Takes a lot of balls to step towards something like that!

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Eh, I never had any "hot" teachers in my classes at all and I never saw the point in asking one out anyways. I'm kind of a whimp when it comes to asking girls out so I could never do that so.... congrats I guess on getting shot down?

I'm not trying to be a prick just confused about the whole deal. D:

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
Strain42 said:
Wish me luck!

EDIT: Here's what happened, the story in its entirety

Alright everyone, the results are in, and I am ready to tell my tale. I once again want to thank everyone for being so invested in this tale, and I'm try my best to spin a satisfactory yarn here.

"Well, first I got up and I had a piece of toast, then I brushed my teeth, then I went to the store to buy some fish..." (sorry, couldn't resist)

Alright, well I woke up, took a shower, brushed my teeth, all the usual stuff, trimmed my beard to make it nice and pretty. Got dressed up, clean bowling shirt and what-not.

Her office hours are 10-11:30, so I left around 9:40 'cause it takes about half an hour to get there and I didn't wanna be lurking around her door when she showed up.

Are you all familiar with the old saying "If you wanna make God laugh, tell him your plans." well apparently that applies to God, Buddha, Zeus, Fate, Karma, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, The all-powerful Atheismo, or whatever else you do or not believe in.

I made sure to set up everything that could mess this up on my end, but since something does have to go wrong...she wasn't there. I couldn't ask her if she wasn't in her office.

Now hold on, my story does not end here. I swung by the office of one of the Professor's for a class I was taking, we chatted a bit. The problem here was...I was parked in a 30 Minute Visitor Parking space (because parking is near impossible at this time of day...) and so the clock was ticking. She still wasn't in her office.

Eventually...I had to give up (don't worry, there's more. Stick around) I walked back to my car. Feeling defeated. I was unable to do what I set out to do, and I felt like a failure. I got back in my car and started to leave.

But I only moved a few feet before I saw...what's that? An empty parking space, and no one around to snag it? Feeling a second wind of determination, I grabbed that space, headed back to the building her office is in and sure enough...there she was.

I took a deep breath and stepped inside. We'd chatted a few times before, so she had some recollection of who I was lol

I stood up straight, gave her a warm smile, kept eye contact and I gave the improvised speech that I'd rehearsed in my head a hundred times (I say improvised because no matter how often you practice, once you're in the moment, you don't rely on memory, you go with guts)

Now I know some of you are wondering what exactly I said, but if it's alright with you, I'd rather leave that part out. Not because I'm embarrassed with what I said, but because I'd feel better if the next hundred messages weren't advice on what I should (or shouldn't) have said.

Much to my own surprise, she seemed taken aback, but also quite flattered by this proposal. She had a huge smile on her face that she couldn't seem to get rid of...

HOWEVER

She did respond, and she informed me that she was actually already seeing somebody, and that he probably wouldn't appreciate it if I took her out (and who could blame him? I'll ask out almost any woman I like, but I have a rule about women in relationships)

So at the end of this story, she did ultimately say No. However, not because I was too young or because I was a student (well it mighta been, but she didn't say so if it was lol) I know some of you wanted to laugh at me when she said No, so go ahead and get it out of the way. Really, I don't mind :)

Because ultimately, I stood up and did something that I wanted to do. I didn't let fear stop me from going for it. And if I can have a little bit of an ego right now, I wouldn't be surprised if I just made her day lol

On my way back to my car, I stopped at the vending machine and bought myself a Razzleberry Peace Tea (if you don't drink Peace Tea, you totally should. It's delicious) and I have to tell ya, it's never tasted sweeter.

Then on my way home I got a haircut and got some drive-thru Abry's but...I guess those parts aren't really as important.

First thing I did when I got home though was read through the comments here and I wanted to let you all know how it went.

"And then you threw an octopus at my window..."

Tonight, imaginary internet beer is on me! Drink as much as you like, my friends! For tonight, we party.

My capcha is "grain of salt" which some of you might be taking this story with lol but I've presented you the full facts of what happened. It's not the best story ever told on the internet, but I'm happy with it. I got some closure, and it's nice to have people to share it with.

Thanks for listening, everybody.
inspiring story, too bad about the outcome although as far as i can tell it is not the worst scenario imaginable.

all i can say is that i was rooting for you and praise you for "seizing the day". it might not count for much but at the very least i have been entertained

im curious though, she didn't comment at all about the conventions regarding such a relationship, going on a date with your (former)professor would warrant some comment, perhaps there was no opportunity since she was already seeing someone.

i had a comparable situation with a woman i knew, she was 7 years my senior and although we had no "hierarchical" difference between us i still felt a lot of trepidation and had obsessed a little over the idea of how exactly to approach her much like yourself. Luckily she accepted, although a lot of the conversation on our first date was mostly about the age difference... actually it still is, amongst her friends but mostly humorously.

im assuming your professor is also a bit older than yourself, so on the bright side you have been spared being called a boy toy, it is an annoyance.

but i suppose that the most comparable thing is about challenging conventions, i wonder if other escapists have similar stories