Tomorrow I'm gonna do something stupid and pointless with little chance of success.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Quite the story, I have to admit...

Congratulations man, you man not have got the girl, but what you did took serious guts and it's not something everyone can honestly say they'd do... You do us Escapists proud!

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Well, better luck next time, man.
And if that doesn't work, there's always the binoculars and a tree alternative.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Is it possible to say this in a completely sincere manner, because I really feel like no other response is appropriate:

Cool Story Bro

Seriously, awesome tale! I had read your thread earlier today and I was rootin' for ya. Sorry to hear that it didn't go quite as planned, but hey you had far more courage than a lot of other people would've, and you got a much better response than a lot of other people would've too.
Thanks for sharing this, man. Really brightened up my day.

I tip my hat to you, if I had one.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
That was an impressive tale. And random stranger on the internet, just know that I'm... I'm proud of you.

Mar 28, 2011
Strain42 said:
You, Sir, are a Living Legend. I am going to pray that i meet you one day so i can buy you a beer in real life for the balls you have shown us here. I am adding you to my friends list as i type so that i may never forget you.

While you may not have won the Lady's heart this day, you are most definitely now one of my favourite people.

And my captcha reads; "urban myth"
Heh.

t3h br0th3r

May 7, 2009
Strain42 said:
AND THE BARDS SHALL SING!

Here is the tale of strain42, whose balls are of steel, despite being blue. Unlike lesser men who would pussy out, the boy sacked up and asked that Milf out.

And the fair maiden smiled with a radiant glow, her hand was pledged but he made her day though.

While he did not leave with the lass on his arm, his swag tripped the over 9000 alarm.

Now we'll raise a glass to strain42, and hope that his awesome rubs off on us too. For we men of net, Forever Alone, only need to go seek a queen for their throne!

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
t3h br0th3r said:

Here is the tale of strain42, whose balls are of steel, despite being blue. Unlike lesser men who would pussy out, the boy sacked up and asked that Milf out.

And the fair maiden smiled with a radiant glow, her hand was pledged but he made her day though.

While he did not leave with the lass on his arm, his swag tripped the over 9000 alarm.

Now we'll raise a glass to strain42, and hope that his awesome rubs off on us too. For we men of net, Forever Alone, only need to go seek a queen for their throne!
...Ok um...I just sang that...like out loud...here at my desk. I think I have to record that and post it somewhere (though I think if I did it, it wouldn't sound anything like you had in mind)

That is seriously awesome. If I had a gold piece, I would totally drop it in your hat.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
t3h br0th3r said:
Strain42 said:

You, yes you. I just wanted to say that that was the most awesome thing ever.

Someone needs to make this into a song, like right now.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
You should be proud, OP. I will drink to your health and sexual potency once I get home from uni. Good luck for future endeavors and always man up and give it a shot no matter how slim the odds.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Well played, sir.

A pretty predictable end (for a cynic like me), but I'll be damned if you didn't give it an excellent shot.

Consider it as a couple dozen points toward your awesome-karma level.

dslatch

Apr 15, 2009
kinda semi-fail... creep that facebook page to make sure she is really single.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Beer? Nay

Good sir, for the act you have done today, you deserve...

NORD MEAD!

Drink Escapists, for the night is young!

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
PsychicTaco115 said:
Beer? Nay

Good sir, for the act you have done today, you deserve...

NORD MEAD!

Drink Escapists, for the night is young!
It's actually funny you go with MOS because I was actually listening to his CD in my car on my way to school before I asked her out, and Sovengarde Song came on and I felt like I could do anything.

...and then Redemption Blues came on and that lowered me back down a bit...

And then Little Sister came on...and that was cool. Because that's a good song.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Strain42 said:

You took a chance, and it didn't explode in your face. Life goes on, but at least you have no regrets.

Oh, and I'll take a brandy please. Beer is for peasants.

splayfoot1

Mar 9, 2012
I congratulate you on your.... not complete failure?

I would offer you a medal for your courage, but the only one I remember having is the DWI medal for valor, and your not getting that!

still, well played. If I was wearing a hat, I would very slightly tip it in your direction, then return to my cigar.

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
Strain42 said:
Didn't post earlier, but saw what you were doing. Honestly I chuckled a bit, but I wished you good luck in my head and moved along. Just saw that it popped up again tonight, figured I'd see if there were any updates, and there were.

Anyway, wanted to say both congrats (for both not being outright rejected and laughed at and having the nuts to go through with it) and sorry that things didn't quite work out as planned. Still, sounds like a surprisingly positive outcome for her saying no, and I'd count that as a good thing.

mrhappy1489

May 12, 2011
Hmm, my friend you may have given me the courage to attempt the same feat as you. Though she isn't a professor yet, she's still employed by the uni. If I might go off on a tangent, I do occasionally catch her glimpsing in my direction, that may just be her way of making sure I pay attention, but she is always helping my group out during tutorials and she seems to often agree with what I'm doing and liking whatever I am presenting.