too senstivie kids

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
I think I was about twelve years old the time when four older guys held me down while the fifth one punched me senseless in order to "teach me not to talk back"... I didn't cry though. I responed by spitting blood in his face when he asked me if I had enough and if I was going to stop being so cocky.

It earned me some more punches and kicks, but I consider myself the winner of that altercation anyway since I refused to yield.

The thing is, im genuinely happy to see that kids can cry due to such trivial matters. It seems to indicate that they don't have to suffer cruel bullyings and beatings which are completely unacceptable by any reasonable standards.

I don't consider myself tough or other 12 year olds to be "soft" because I managed to do what I did without crying (to tell the truth though, I did cry, but it was after the bullys had already left). What happened to me was a fucking travesty and something that kids shouldn't have to experience.

Aöthough I can agree to that it is a bit unecessary to expel a kid for something like that (although im not sure we have the entire story here, just some rather dubious hearsay), but it's damn reassuring to know that the school actually does something and intervenes rather than ignoring the blatant harassments and beatings going on in many schools all over the world...

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
Demented Teddy said:
Some people view empathy as a weakness.
The complete lack of empathy suggests that the person in question is a psychopath. Meaning that those people which you speak of idolize mentally disturbed human beings.

It just goes to show how "clever" these people are...

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Aby_Z said:
My school has banned dodgeball in Gym class because some random kid broke their glasses. Needless to say, I was pissed by my not being able to play the one game that made Gym fun.

-Grumble grumble-
I was the dodge ball king myself. I had a sixth sense about where the ball was gonna go and I had an evil shot.

OT: I don't know if kids are more wimpy now since these days in my country kids are having sex at the age of ten. But kids are definately more spoiled now then they were before.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
The Anhk24 said:
Its something you play bat mitten with

Hahah, why do you call it bat mitten and why do people call it shuttlecock? Hahaha.

Might be immature but shuttlecock certainly has a lot of imagery to it.

I call it birdie and the sport Badminton.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I suppose the real question is did the kid hit the other kid on purpose or on accident? If he did it on purpose I can see a punishment happening, sure. Expulsion is a little extreme though.

If it was on accident than no he shouldn't be punished or expelled.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
The problem is retarded parents who doesn't care what happened but just wants to STFU their crying kids, so their kids grow up learning, that they get their way when crying.

The schools are a bunch of pussies, who are afraid the craptastic parents will freak out, cause that kind of parents do that, cause they have to compensate for a lack of life of their own OR lack of intererst, or paying attention to their child in their child, so they'll spoil teh little whiny brat, and fight anyone who are not treating their craptastic spawn as a small god with tooth and nail lawsuits and public scandals. Or they might just stop paying the school.

I'll tell ya one thing, the kid who hrew the birdie is lucky to get out of a place like that, you don't get anywhere when you're beeing surrounded by whiny tards with no spine.

SuccessAndBiscuts

Nov 9, 2009
The Anhk24 said:
Edit: a birdy is the thing u play batt mitten with:http://www.topnews.in/sports/files/badminton.jpg
its a shuttlecock and you play badminton with it, look at the link man!

On topic: It's not that kids are any more sensitive, its that the PC brigade is trying to make the world all soft and nice for them, someone needs to sort this before it gets even more out of hand.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Housebroken Lunatic said:
I think I was about twelve years old the time when four older guys held me down while the fifth one punched me senseless in order to "teach me not to talk back"... I didn't cry though. I responed by spitting blood in his face when he asked me if I had enough and if I was going to stop being so cocky.

It earned me some more punches and kicks, but I consider myself the winner of that altercation anyway since I refused to yield.

The thing is, im genuinely happy to see that kids can cry due to such trivial matters. It seems to indicate that they don't have to suffer cruel bullyings and beatings which are completely unacceptable by any reasonable standards.

I don't consider myself tough or other 12 year olds to be "soft" because I managed to do what I did without crying (to tell the truth though, I did cry, but it was after the bullys had already left). What happened to me was a fucking travesty and something that kids shouldn't have to experience.

Aöthough I can agree to that it is a bit unecessary to expel a kid for something like that (although im not sure we have the entire story here, just some rather dubious hearsay), but it's damn reassuring to know that the school actually does something and intervenes rather than ignoring the blatant harassments and beatings going on in many schools all over the world...
Completely agree with what you said. Good to see schools taking some more action.

You sure you didn't watch Fight Club before that happened to you?

Mikkaddo

Black Rose Knight
Jan 19, 2008
Let me just go ahead and do it now "I call shenanigans!"

there, now that that's out of the way . . . opinion time.

It all comes down to the situation leading up to the expulsion itself. Without having the information on the kid that did the throwing you can't EXACTLY say it's wimpy kids. After all I've known many kids back then that would do ANYTHING to make my life miserable . . . and they did their damndest. Constantly. Meaning it's likely the one getting expelled isn't exactly so much because he hit a kid with a pathetic bit of rubber, but rather that he's done so much ELSE that the big wigs went "ok . . . next fuck up, you're out, no matter what . . ." so, he blew his nose at them, went out and hit some kid with a birdie, and got tossed.

Frankly I applaud the idea of an expulsion. I tell you what, one thing to teach a kid not to do that kind of shit again (at least AT school) is being torn out of the school, and having your parents be told you can't come back EVER. You KNOW they won't let the kid off easy for that shit.

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
Demented Teddy said:
I still feel the emotion, just not as often as most people do.
So? Does that make you a "strong" person?

Does it make the people who you claim consider empathy to be a weakness to be right?

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
teisjm said:
The problem is retarded parents who doesn't care what happened but just wants to STFU their crying kids, so their kids grow up learning, that they get their way when crying.

The schools are a bunch of pussies, who are afraid the craptastic parents will freak out, cause that kind of parents do that, cause they have to compensate for a lack of life of their own OR lack of intererst, or paying attention to their child in their child, so they'll spoil teh little whiny brat, and fight anyone who are not treating their craptastic spawn as a small god with tooth and nail lawsuits and public scandals. Or they might just stop paying the school.

I'll tell ya one thing, the kid who hrew the birdie is lucky to get out of a place like that, you don't get anywhere when you're beeing surrounded by whiny tards with no spine.
Throwing things at people is another good example of not getting anywhere either. Yes, perhaps the kid should not have cried but throwing things at other people is just dumb.

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
Brotherofwill said:
Completely agree with what you said. Good to see schools taking some more action.

You sure you didn't watch Fight Club before that happened to you?
Nope. I was just a scrawny kid with the stubborness of a mule and really didn't feel the pressing need to take orders from bullies just because they told me to.

I still am that way. Although I've grown up to learn how dangerous it can be to let yourself get beaten like that.

Hence I take precautions whenever I go out, and will respond with deadly force if someone tries to pick a fight with me and I can't run away. I value my life a bit too much to just stand by and engage in typical knuckle-dragging behaviour with total strangers, and I especially value my life too much in order to actually care for their safety if they make me choose between their life and mine.

Fight Club is one of my favourite movies though, it has quite a few interesting points.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
gof22 said:
teisjm said:

Throwing things at people is another good example of not getting anywhere either. Yes, perhaps the kid should not have cried but throwing things at other people is just dumb.
Trjwoing a birdie, while it may not be a step on the road to awesomeness or anything like that, is not a bad thing either. It's a diminutive insignificant thing, which should really not stir up any trouble or anything else for that matter, it's insignificant.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Booze Zombie said:
Cuddling every kid that trips over does not a strong society make.
Seriously? Maybe if you're talking about Sparta, but where I live there's more to life than physical toughness.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
mokes310 said:
Fear the shuttlecock!
You should. My smash is over 150mph. Imagine that hitting you in the nuts.

Firstly it's called badminton. I swear I saw 'bat mitton' in this thread somewhere.
Secondly how the heck can you be expelled for throwing it at someone. Hell, I've played badminton for 10 years and I hit shuttles at full force to my friends when we train in the county and the worst we get is "make sure you don't hit their eyes". Crying over a shuttle over one that has been thrown just seems really stupid.

MalevolentStaircase

Mar 21, 2010
wow how hard can a birdy hurt? i got hit in the ear with a motherfucking football in 3rd grade and no one gave a shit so why is this **** whining about a birdy? God I hate little kids