too senstivie kids

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Cavouku said:
*snipped*
You're right, it is biased of you. You don't know this kid, you have no idea of the context and yet you're ready to dismiss him as a manipulative brat because he doesn't conform to your ideals.

Like I said, I hope this is an attitude you'll grow out of.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Seriously?
I guy in my school got hit in the eye by a birdie. It pretty much destroyed his eye, but my school has enough brain to know that it was not intentional.
Accidents happen and it's idiotic to expel somebody for accidentally hitting the other with a birdie.

Shru1kan

Dec 10, 2009
Aby_Z said:
Too many people to quote 0.o

It's quite a statement that what we call a Birdie is actually called a Shuttlecock. Obviously us Americans aren't mature enough to handle such a thing...
I'm American and we always call it a shuttlecock... Everyone in our area at least.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
i can and cant believe this at the same time, the school system eveyrwhere seems to be fucked in a lot of places if you get what i mean. my school was kinda stupid when it banned bookbags, BOOKBAGS because 1 kid brought a gun to school, it pissed me off, but baybe the airport security and the school system are in working together.

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
I don't really care who hits the shuttle-cock, there's no way the injury could warrant expulsion. I could see maybe a period in detention if it was intentional, at a private school, but that's still a stretch.
It's possible the kid is just emotionally damaged and getting hit sent him over the edge.

@Brad Shepard. How'd you get your stuff around if you couldn't use bookbags?

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Damn, must have been hard with that birdy. Don't see why the other kid should get expelled.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Badminton birdies? I get whalloped with those a lot and they don't hurt, sure they sting for a second when you get hit on exposed skin but nothing to cry over... That's overreacting.

Sakurazaki1023

Feb 15, 2010
Expelled... that's a bit overkill...

In my high school, it took a death treat against a teacher and a history of disturbing writing assignments to get someone expelled. Now it's contact with a slow moving piece of lightweight sports equipment...

Glad I'm in college.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
The Anhk24 said:
while trying to procrastinate studying for my government and politics quiz i talked to my friend's little brother who goes to a private school. there is a kid who is gonna be expelled because he hit a kid with a birdy, and the kid who got hit cried. (these kids are like 12-13)
Aaand there's your problem. Rich kids are pussies.

I miss the days when playing football (that's actual football, not American handball) and basketball, and all we'd do is try to aim at the other people's faces. I lost three pairs of glasses to our basketball games in a single term - good times :)

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
yeah this definitely an over exaggeration, unless the kid who threw the birdie has a history of bad behavior then I might think a little differently.

plus... shuttleCOCK... lulz

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
Wildrow12 said:
Of course kids are too sensitive these days! Back in my day, you would shake it off, and slug the twit who bopped you (unless it was done on purpose, at which point you knee 'em in the stomach until their stomach turns to tapioca) and the school wouldn't care unless you brought a weapon into the mix.

Ah, those were the days!
Rumble! Rumble! Johnny stabbed a Soc!

[sub]Get the reference or DIE[/sub].

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
Getting hit by a birdie is like getting hit with a ping-pong ball...... less in fact because the birdie has that plastic drag cone behind it. Also don't people were goggles when they play badminton? GAHH That kid is such a *****!

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
KrakFoxx said:
Where do people say birdy and batt mitten? I'm from the UK and everyone I know says shuttlecock and badminton...

OT: It's very over the top, but some schools are like that... but they shouldn't be IMO.
I was born in U.K., but moved to America like 2 years afterword and it's usually called badminton, it's just that some people can't spell it on this Web site ;)
Also, I've always called it a birdie, so that's what it is to me. Shuttlecock is a little silly, I must admit.

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
...oh dear. The kid that cried is going to grow up to be a sissy who is catered to. A birdie? Really??? Wow. Just wow. I suppose it depends on where he got hit and what the circumstances were (someone mentioned Autism), but come on. I got smacked in the face with a dodgeball by a 13-year old boy. 13-year old boys throw HARD. I did everything in my power not to cry, probably out of fear of being made fun of, but I considered myself tougher than that.

I find the world is too cushy for children these days. They don't even have the option anymore of sticking tweezers in the outlet and learning firsthand about electricity (I'm partially joking, although I did that when I was little. I think my generation is the reason for the invention of the outlet cover, actually). I've also noticed that playgrounds are now being built with some sort of squishy material instead of stones or sand. What the hell? Getting hurt on the playground is an essential part of childhood; don't bubble-wrap it! I don't know... crashing bikes, wiping out on skates, falling out of a tree... these are all things that kids do. They build character and make you tougher for when Life's real problems come along.

A birdie???? Ugh... what a wuss.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
DividedUnity said:
I am aware of what a birdy is. Please explain?
You ARE aware?
Why should he explain?

OT, that's just pathetic. Withdrawal, maybe, detention, that's a bit far, suspension, that's just plain stupid, but expulsion?

Also, it's called a SHUTTLECOCK!

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
sad pathetic little world we live in when a kid(from any school) cries after getting hit by one of those. What we need is to teach the kids to take a punch and a way to toughen them up. I mean my god if my kid came home telling me about this I'd whoop him then drag him down to the school and demand the other kids expulsion be revoked(unless it turned out the "bully" was a snot nose trouble maker then he could stay expelled)

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
AgDr_ODST said:
sad pathetic little world we live in when a kid(from any school) cries after getting hit by one of those. What we need is to teach the kids to take a punch and a way to toughen them up. I mean my god if my kid came home telling me about this I whoop him then drag him down to the school and demand the other kids expulsion be revoked(unless it turned out the "bully" was a snot nose trouble maker then he could stay expelled)
Yeah really. Me to my kid: "I'm sorry, are you a girl? No, you're not. Now, get in the car."