Top 3 Games in your life

Rachel317

Nov 15, 2009
My top 3 is an easy choice!

1. Bayonetta - LOVE the protagonist, Cereza is one of very few children who don't annoy me, the KIND OF love interest plot was handled very well, the plot itself was excellent...

2. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - Beautiful graphics, amazing character rendering (the emotion on their faces was incredible), awesome plot, tender love interest plot line handled exceptionally well, bizarre yet fantastic ending (as in, I would NEVER have seen it coming), excellent voice acting...I could go on. I think, above all, I adore Enslaved because I became emotionally invested in the characters. I wanted to see them have justice done.

3. Elder Scrolls: Oblivioin - Best RPG I've ever played, aside from the characters all, strangely, sharing a handful of voices...weird, huh? PATRICK STEWART!!! In-depth plot, lots to do...

All completely different games in completely different genres, but I luffs them above all others.
It's funny, I'm not at all a fan of Hack and Slash (I found DMC a bit lacklustre, I got bored with God of War), but Bayonetta is just a stupendous game.
Great thread, by the way! Haven't seen this done before.

Poopster

Dec 23, 2010
1. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl - Spent too many hours of my life playing and modding this game. I love it

2. Ace Combat Zero - I like the Ace Combat series but this one stands out. The ending struck me.

3. Battlefield 1942 - The only online FPS that I genuinely enjoyed. The Forgotten Hope mod made it even better!

Kroxile

Oct 14, 2010
1. Super Metroid
2. Anything Everquest related
3. Toss up between Mario and Zelda

Yeah, number 2 is kinda cheating, but EQ has always been there for me when I'm bored whether it be on the PS2 or the PC.

Tucker154

Jul 20, 2009
1.Halo CE:Not only do I love the game for the story and the gameplay that made me a full hearted fanboy of the games,but this on in the series was not only the best,but I have many strong memories playing this game and its also the game that got me into gaming.

2.Diablo II:Ok,I will admit,i just got the game 3rd quarter last year,but the game sucked me in and im loving every second of it.Plus using only the mouse for combat is so peaceful.

3.Mass Effect 1 and 2:Yes I know they are to different games,but I love them both equaly so I cant choose which one is better.Fun gameplay,great scifi story, and fully voiced.I mean,whats not to love about these games!?

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
1 - Metal Gear Solid 4... it's just amazing. Words cannot describe how much I love this game.

2 - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - A very close second. I found it to be far more enjoyable than OoT due to its darker tone and sense of absolute hopelessness I got from it. And that was when I was 6.

3 - Kingdom Hearts II - Once again, I can never describe in words how much I love it ^-^

PlasticTree

May 17, 2009
Zelda: The Windwaker, Golden Sun, World of Warcraft. But I could pick at least five more games that have been equally memorable.

Soods

Jan 6, 2010
1. Warcraft III (+ Frozen throne)
It's just an epic game, and with the help of powerful world editor and fanbase, it's still, after 8 or 9 years, very enjoyable.
2. World of Warcraft
Nothing I say will make you change your opinion about it. But it's AWESOME
3. Half Life 2
Best single player game I've ever played.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
3. Ratchet and Clank 1-4. I sunk many many hours into these games on the old ps2.

2. Assassin's Creed 2/Brotherhood. These games for me were ridiculous amounts of fun.

1. Kingdom Hearts. The first game I ever completed, I worshipped this game during my upper primary school years.

cube5

Jan 15, 2011
I doubt anyone is still reading these but imma throw my 2 cents out there...

1. Timesplitters 2
Best local co-op ever in my opinion, mainly for its sense of humor; Top-hat wearing whales vs. Zombies vs. Riot police vs. Snowmen anyone?

2. Battelfield: Modern Combat
My first real online game, which I miss playing to this very day. Also, woefully under-emulated. Great control layout (before the CoD style FPS controls became apparently the only way to do FPS) and the single player "hotswap" mechanic was fantastic. Not to mention the awesome last level, before "STOP TEH NUKEZ" became the industry standard final mission.

3. Spyro 3
Was gonna go for Oblivion, or CoD4 (despite the vieled crack above) or MGS, but really had better times running around as the purple dragon.

Didn't realise I was such an oldschool playstation fanboy...

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
TimeSplitters 2

I don't know how many hours I spend playing this game with my friends back in the days. Just pure fun. Not gritty, realistic. Not even online. Me, 2 bros and some bots.

Prince of Persia: The two Thrones

It's hard to choose between this and Sands of Time, but I think I have to go with the third one. It's one of the few games that actully left me speechless. The ending was so damn awesome.

The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

I can simply not put this on the list. I have several characters with hundreds of hours on each of their backs and seriously, I don't regret a second of them. Okay, maybe just a liitle. But it was still awesome, maybe not having sex awesome, but still pretty damn good.

PROcrastinator

Nov 2, 2010
1. Okami

2.Kindom Hearts 2

3. Final Fantasy 7

Yeah. great games that i will play over and over again without a single complaint

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
Wow this was tough, i've played so many good games. Anyway my top three are (in no particular order):

.The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Yes, it has flaws, but i've played countless hours and I still probably haven't found/done everything in this game.

.Sonic the Hedghog 2 - One of my first games I ever played and still play to this very day. An almost perfect example of a platformer imo.

.Spyro the Dragon - Just so much fun to be had in this game.

RedBeta22

Aug 28, 2008
In no particular order:

KOTOR- Seems this is a popular one

Halo: CE - The first time playing Halo way back when blew my mind. Stepping out of the escape pod for the first time 0.0 Also I had so much fun playing MP with my friends.

Demon's Souls - That game did not beat me! Finished it 3 times and killed every Demon except the ones that only show up for certain world colours,whatever.

SerenadeDS

Jan 31, 2009
Mine's a simple list:
1: Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, for the atmosphere and the care that you devote to the people in the town.
2: Shadow of the Colossus for the incredible experience that it comes with.
3: Tales of Symphonia for the grand story and epic characters.

Ploop

May 2, 2010
1. Final Fantasy IX (first game i ever played and still my favourite)

2. Metal Gear Solid

3. Half Life

Fuselage

Nov 18, 2009
1. Mass Effect 2 (Best Space RPG, Hell in my words, Best regular RPG.)
2. Red Dead Redemption (Awesome western genre infused with awesome rockstar style)
3. Garrys Mod (This does not really ocunt since it is a mod but it is a full game in its own right, If not)
Replacement 3. Team Fortress 2 (Hats. That is all.)