Top female Twitch streamer Amouranth stream turns dark as an apparent abusive husband comes to light

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
For someone who claimed to not care about the situation at all, you seem pretty invested in proving Amouranth as a shallow gifts troll.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
For someone who claimed to not care about the situation at all, you seem pretty invested in proving Amouranth as a shallow gifts troll.
It keeps popping up in the news feed, and since the thread is so many pages I figure updates are warranted. You don't have to follow the thread if you don't want updates.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
It keeps popping up in the news feed, and since the thread is so many pages I figure updates are warranted. You don't have to follow the thread if you don't want updates.
Translation: you do care and this bothers you far more than you're willing to admit.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Don't really care about the Amouranth situation. But I think I speak for all of us when I say watching you not care this hard is very entertaining.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Don't really care about the Amouranth situation. But I think I speak for all of us when I say watching you not care this hard is very entertaining.
Well at least I'm entertaining.

Translation: you do care and this bothers you far more than you're willing to admit.
I care that, by all appearances, she's lied to manipulate people yes. I don't care that people fall for it. Then same way I will laugh at someone like DSP, but do not care that people will go bankrupt to support him.

Question for you. Do you think these content creators should have some responsibility when they string people along to the point that their fans will pay them to the point of ruin. Like Pokimane's famous fan who chose to donate to her instead of paying rent.

At some point these para-social relationships become dangerous, and very unhealthy. Which is a two-sided problem right? One is the problem in which a person becomes so attached to a streamer that they begin to think a relationship with them is real. The other problem is a streamer who continues to facilitate that. And I do think that these streamers need to take some responsibility and say no to donations especially when they are coming from fans who are getting to clingy or openly ruining their real lives in order to support these people.

Love him or hate him. Asmongold sets these boundries very firmly with people. There is a video in which Asmond reads a post on Reddit about how someone is jealous of his live. Asmond explains for over an hour about how nobody should idolize him or want to be him, that he is nothing but a shut-in who streams because he has nothing better to do with his life. It's not glamourous, it's not something to aspire too, and the money is not worth the parasocial nature of it.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Question for you. Do you think these content creators should have some responsibility when they string people along to the point that their fans will pay them to the point of ruin. Like Pokimane's famous fan who chose to donate to her instead of paying rent.
There is a line. This isn't it.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I've seen zero evidence that she's been lying about the domestic abuse. Continuing to do risque/hot-tub streams is categorically not it.
There is also zero evidence that she hasn't. The only thing we can based anything on is her behavior and her behavior alone. Thus you are not going to be believed one way or the other. There is still no evidence that she's separated from her husband that I can find, keep in mind these are public court filings and if they are filed you can find them, and also no change in her streaming behavior or online posting or other sites of content to suggest that she was doing undesired content.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
This doesn't really sound like a 'popping up in my feed' thing tbh.
Are you upset I'm looking into this and finding her claims to be false? Is that why you are so concerned with what I decide to look into. Whenever things pop up I do a little research so that if my feed is wrong I can post information as to why it's wrong.

Amouranth doesn't need you defending her, nor do women anywhere need people blindly believing claims especially if they turn out to be false or stunts. And worse if stunts like this manipulate people to give her extreme amounts of money as with the tweet above.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
There is also zero evidence that she hasn't.
Indeed. But I don't consider "no evidence it /hasn't/ happened" to be grounds to make accusations of a severe criminal offence or cast aspersions on someone's character.

The only thing we can based anything on is her behavior and her behavior alone. Thus you are not going to be believed one way or the other. There is still no evidence that she's separated from her husband that I can find, keep in mind these are public court filings and if they are filed you can find them, and also no change in her streaming behavior or online posting or other sites of content to suggest that she was doing undesired content.
Yes, the only thing we can base our conclusions on is her actions/behaviour. But you're drawing totally irrational conclusions from her behaviour.

Continuing to stream that content doesn't indicate she was lying in any logical way whatsoever-- indicating to me that you've just got bizarre hangups and prejudices about that kind of work.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Continuing to stream that content doesn't indicate she was lying in any logical way whatsoever-- indicating to me that you've just got bizarre hangups and prejudices about that kind of work.
And this indicates that despite me explaining the reasoning behind my questioning, you aren't interested in considering anything other than Amouranth being truthful, regardless of what she does. I don't care about her doing sex work. I care that she makes claims about being forced into sex work, only to continue to do that work without hesitation once she is supposedly no longer forced to do so. People do not get out of prison, only to continue to wear the jumpsuit. She stated that she was going to take a break from streaming to restructure her content, but all she's done is come back to continue to do the same content, so where is the change?

It's like the original event has completely vanished and everything has continued on as normal. Which is fine, let me be clear because people don't seem to get it, it's fine that she does sex work. I have a problem with her LYING to her audience in a way that is hurtful to other people who legit suffer from these abuses. HELL I would have no problem if it was a completely different scam of some sort. Something that doesn't effect others except her fanbase, then whatever.

But when you lie about abuse, and especially when it's prove that you lied, it HURTS everyone else who might come forward from real abuse.

Like is that clear enough? I don't know what else to say about how bothering that is. If people want to call me a stalker fine, I literally don't care because I don't even consider this story unless new shit pops up in my timeline. I don't watch her, I don't follow her on any platform, so I don't see how anyone could consider stalker other than trying to deflect the possibility that she might be full of shit. But whatever call me what you want. If you don't want to know what's up with this story, then stop following the thread and ignore when it's updated. It's pretty simple.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
And this indicates that despite me explaining the reasoning behind my questioning, you aren't interested in considering anything other than Amouranth being truthful, regardless of what she does.
No. I've read your reasoning and it doesn't hold up.

I don't care about her doing sex work. I care that she makes claims about being forced into sex work, only to continue to do that work without hesitation once she is supposedly no longer forced to do so. People do not get out of prison, only to continue to wear the jumpsuit.
Because doing the sex work wasn't what the problem was. The force was.

This is like arguing that someone who says they've been forced into slavery must be lying if they then go get a manual job for themselves. Or that if someone says they've been forced into sex, they must be lying if they then have sex later. It's not a logical conclusion in the slightest.

Besides which, it should be pointed out that actually, former prisoners /do/ frequently find it difficult adjusting to freedom, and can sometimes seek stability/familiarity in what they're used to. That's entirely what "becoming institutionalised" refers to. Recall the scene at the end of the Shawshank Redemption, when Morgan Freeman has been released from prison, but still cannot go to the toilet unless he's given permission by his boss? It's a real thing.

Like is that clear enough?
Clarity was never an issue. I understand what you're saying just fine. I just think it's nonsense.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Clarity was never an issue. I understand what you're saying just fine. I just think it's nonsense.
Then I dunno what to tell you.
Because doing the sex work wasn't what the problem was. The force was.
This sounds like an excuse to hand wave away her behavior, especially if this was nothing more than a stunt (which it appears to be).

Or that if someone says they've been forced into sex, they must be lying if they then have sex later.
Being raped does not mean a person wouldn't do things consensually with a partner. But it also doesn't mean that they wouldn't be experiencing trauma even with consensual sex. Your analogy falls apart first of all because Amouranth would even have to casually do the sex work at her own pace because people will literally pay her to do anything. I mean she fucking streamed herself sleeping for 8 hours and people paid her for it, there was an article about it. Secondly a person who was forced to have sex, would not have the same kind of sex later in life consensually there would be a dramatic difference in the act that would help separate it from the trauma.

Recall the scene at the end of the Shawshank Redemption, when Morgan Freeman has been released from prison, but still cannot go to the toilet unless he's given permission by his boss?
This is a movie. The allegory here would be drastically different because your referring to a person who spent a very long time behind bars, which means you are also talking about someone who's had decades of world changes pass them by, kind of like Captain America waking up to a world that isn't the 1940's anymore. There are a lot of other things that affect the way someone reacts.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Then I dunno what to tell you.
"I was mistaken and you are very wise and handsome" is what I would suggest.

This sounds like an excuse to hand wave away her behavior, especially if this was nothing more than a stunt (which it appears to be).
I am outright stating that her behaviour is irrelevant.

Being raped does not mean a person wouldn't do things consensually with a partner. But it also doesn't mean that they wouldn't be experiencing trauma even with consensual sex. Your analogy falls apart first of all because Amouranth would even have to casually do the sex work at her own pace because people will literally pay her to do anything. I mean she fucking streamed herself sleeping for 8 hours and people paid her for it, there was an article about it. Secondly a person who was forced to have sex, would not have the same kind of sex later in life consensually there would be a dramatic difference in the act that would help separate it from the trauma.
No, not necessarily. This is factually untrue. Victims of assault respond in highly divergent ways, and although some will have a visceral negative reaction to the same acts in a consensual setting, others will not.

There is no "correct" way to process trauma.

This is a movie. The allegory here would be drastically different because your referring to a person who spent a very long time behind bars, which means you are also talking about someone who's had decades of world changes pass them by, kind of like Captain America waking up to a world that isn't the 1940's anymore. There are a lot of other things that affect the way someone reacts.
No, you've missed the point of the scene entirely. Asking permission to piss was never required of people before he want to prison. It was specifically, and only, in the rigid prescriptive structure of prison.

It is nothing to do with it being a "different time", because that aspect of society is just as it was before he was imprisoned. Its entirely to do with becoming institutionalised.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
There is no "correct" way to process trauma.
This is true, but there are common threads. There are things that people do when processing that shows after effects of said trauma. Such as:

Being unable to concentrate, or make decisions
Feeling Jumpy or startled easily
On guard or hyper alert all the time
Upsetting Dreams.
Problems working, or being at school
Upset stomach
Trouble sleeping
Sweating for no reason
Headaches
Not physically upkeeping your body like stopping a diet, exercise, health care, sex, etc
Smoking more or abusing substances
Feeling sad, nervous, fearful, shocked, numb, unable to experience love or joy
Irritable, randomly angry, angry outbursts
Blaming yourself
Lack of trust in others, fighting, overly controlling
Withdrawl, feeling abandoned
Detachment, not wanting intimacy. 3
Guilt or feeling like everything is your fault.

Now, I don't watch streamers but I think people would have shown her doing any of these things on stream in clips, especially when people are accusing her of faking it. Maybe she's an amazing actor, but you can't prevent nightmares or if you are restless you can't fake sleeping for THAT long of a time.

Also none of the most reported behaviors of post trauma studied in people, is continuing to perform the behavior you were abused doing.

Like we can go around and around, but shit dont add up.