Total Recall Getting Total Remake

Dorkmaster Flek

Mar 13, 2008
Oh for the love of all that is holy! Why? Why, why, why, why, why?! Okay, I know the answer to that; money of course. It was rhetorical.

You know what? Fuck you, Hollywood. Fuck you and your creatively bankrupt asses. You are so devoid of any original ideas that you just keep remaking old movies. At least if it was a sequel, it would have some merit. It would still be cashing in on an established brand, but it would have more merit than this. Goddamnit, I am so sick of this remake plague being forced on us...

shinrigaku

Sep 30, 2009
Efficiency in the movie business. Remake something so that enough people will see it in order to turn a minor profit by denigrating the original material. Don't get me wrong. I love Total Recall, but I love it for the camp factor. It was a cheesy movie, but that's the whole charm!

Also, please don't let the Back to the Future franchise be remade. I would honestly probably cry because though there were many of movies that came out during my formative years (that are being remade and are mediocre at best), BTTF was one of my faves.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Fucking no!!!! Fuck you Len. Paul Verhoeven is a fucking god and it blasphemous to remake his film with some shitty director. What's next? Robocop? Showgirls?

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Also...I seriously doubt they'll be able to remake all of these parts. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bf4VoIsVuQ

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
tehroc said:
What's next? Robocop?
Dude, shuttup. Don't give them any ideas. _>

OT: This is one movie that never ever needed a remake in my opinion. Honestly, I haven't actually read the book, abd I can't guage how different that was to Total Recall. If it differs alot from TR, I suppose they might be able to get away with a more faithful adaption. But a remake of TR itself is just a stupid idea, in my opinion. Go find some other sci-fi book to adapt.

Dr. Awesome Face

Jan 11, 2010
DON'T. FUCK. WITH. TOTAL RECALL!

I freaking love total Recall. It is such a great movie, and second only to the Terminator as Arnie's best role. Maybe.

Not all remakes are doomed to failure. For example I thought that the karate Kid remake was actually really good. But that is a very open idea and could be done in different ways. Total Recall is a very specific IP and I doubt that the remake will be taken in any new direction.

Snork Maiden

Snork snork
Nov 25, 2009
Dr. Awesome Face said:
DON'T. FUCK. WITH. TOTAL RECALL!

I freaking love total Recall. It is such a great movie, and second only to the Terminator as Arnie's best role. Maybe.
Commando and Predator will always be my favourites ^^

This could be amazing, but I dunno how well it'll do without the Arnster himself.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
No! don't mess with Total Recall.

It's a perfectly good film, nigh flawless in it's making, if anything, one should re-release a DVD of that film.

Keep Total Recall where it is, please with whipped cream and a cherry on top?

sorry, wanted to vent that out.

The Night Shade

Oct 15, 2009
I don't like remakes but i think this remake is going to suck for only 1 reason it doesn't have Arnold schwarzenegger

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
What's with the current trend of remaking movies that DO NOT need to be remade? First The Karate Kid, and now this?

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Andronicus said:
tehroc said:
What's next? Robocop?
Dude, shuttup. Don't give them any ideas. _>

OT: This is one movie that never ever needed a remake in my opinion. Honestly, I haven't actually read the book, abd I can't guage how different that was to Total Recall. If it differs alot from TR, I suppose they might be able to get away with a more faithful adaption. But a remake of TR itself is just a stupid idea, in my opinion. Go find some other sci-fi book to adapt.
If it's not going to be like the movie why remake Total Recall? Why not just make the motion picture We Can Remember It For You Wholesale?

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
The Dick short story is too short to make a whole film out of. IIRC the movie was only really true to it for the first part. They could be just as true to the text as Total Recall and make a totally different film.

I think that Philip K Dick is a very interesting writer who still has a lot of relevant things to say to most people. Not sure how well Total Recall was communicating his ideas with it's bone crunching sound effects and martian freak show but it was entertaining for the time. That other well known science fiction action movie The Matrix, oddly enough, was best when it was stealing wholesale from Dick which goes to show that you can actually make a more contemporary film by going back to the source.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
How do you remake a desolate, decessitated hulk of a movie, filled with wonder and horror and the excess of corporate hollywood?

QUAID. START THE REACTOR!

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Let it run and see what happens. If it's shit, we'll erase it from the face of the planet. :D

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
fix-the-spade said:
I feel Len is a bit doomed here, how can you possible remake Total Recall without Arnie and Michael Ironside. But...

Hey Benny, Sccreeewwww yyoooouuuu!
C'mon Cohagen, you've got what you want. Give these people air