Trailers: BioShock Infinite Gameplay

Code Monkey

Mar 21, 2009
Some of that dialouge was painful,("I just need a moment. A moment we don't have!")
But otherwise, this looks awesome.

maturin

Jul 20, 2010
Who cares about the gameplay? Awesome to watch and boggle at all the possibilities in the setting.

While Bioshock 1 detailed a society that is a Randian Utopia, this is more... Orwellian?
Not at all. Orwell's world would never have political tumult or mobs in the street. My impressions is that this is the GTA-style take on Gilded Age America and the Tea Party's long-lost Golden Age.

Totenkopf

Mar 2, 2010
That was preeetty awesome. Didn't expect that the new setting could be that cool, now I'm definitely looking forward to Infinite!

signingupforgames

Dec 20, 2009
Calendor1 said:
signingupforgames said:
I'm officially excited for Bioshock 2.
Okay, seriously? Why all the hate for Bioshock 2? It was a great game. The devs for Infinite don't even really consider this a sequel, if anything its a prequel that probably has nothing to do with the other games. I really don't get why people have such a huge problem with Bioshock 2, except people might get tired of the adam gathering sessions, but whatever.
It wasn't just that. There were plot holes, and honestly? the originality was gone. By the end of Bioshock 1 i was starting to tire of 'underwater hell hole' and the game ended with an incredible twist followed by an epic(used loosely) ending. When i started Bioshock 2 I didn't feel like i was taking another dive into a completely different aspect of Bioshock. It just returned me to the mindset i had right before the twist of Bioshock 1 and the monotony seemed to fill every bit of the game for me. 'Infinite' seems to be a proper sequel because it takes the entirety of bioshock and plays with it by changing the setting, philosophy, and goal but not to the point where you think "I've played this before..." or "How is this related to Bioshock?"

Klepa

Apr 17, 2009
OK That looked ridiculously good. I'm guessing they've stripped all of the UI for that though, no life or mana bar, no "press X now" popups, no bullets, no nothing.

Could be that it's also some kind of a prologue thing, where you can't die, you have infinite ammo, infinite mana, plenty of spells, and the story really kicks in after the last flying dude takes the girl away.

twasdfzxcv

Mar 30, 2010
Looks good until the player pulls the rifle from the barrel. While I do like the fact they're using more vibrant colors, the rest of the video looks, well, disappointing. Not enough information to comment on the story, but the combat looks standard and bland, scripted sequence looks forced and voice acting is awkward. If this is what to be expected then it better have a damn good story.

KingKamor

Jul 8, 2008
It looks like there are way too many breaks from gameplay for this to live up to the hype. Every time there's a conversation between the main character and Elizabeth, the game takes over. I might end up not noticing when I'm the one who's supposed to dodge/telekinesis a cannonball or the game.

Nevertheless, this might be a pretty trippy game. I'll check it out when it's released.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Looks almost like this new game is based on the current Tea Party...?

Also, I love games that have floating islands for some reason, so I can barely wait. This is obviously more heavily scripted than the actual game, but, damn, it looks like an awesome movie.

lostzombies.com

Apr 26, 2010
I actually didn't like it lol, didn't like bioshock either though. I just don't like the whole fantasy, steampunk thing.

I watched the developer interview too, guy was an ass. Claiming that 1900 America was the ultimate place to live compared to the rest of the world. Womens/black rights anyone?

*goes back to arma*

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Well they up'd the spectacle I see. . . Wonder how well the mechanics are done this time around the last 2 games are a joke, watered down and half assed......

Its not bad that they are making the series a basic steampunk FPS but I want better an deeper mechanics and AI not another half assed corridor shooter.....

Withard

Feb 4, 2010
ZippyDSMlee said:
Well they up'd the spectacle I see. . . Wonder how well the mechanics are done this time around the last 2 games are a joke, watered down and half assed......

Its not bad that they are making the series a basic steampunk FPS but I want better an deeper mechanics and AI not another half assed corridor shooter.....
Give it 10 years. Maybe they will bring out a game for you.

In other words YES this looks fantastic and some of the robotic enemies actually look terrifying...I blame it on the tash tho.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
So much mad stuff in that trailer. I want to get this game just to make sense of it all. Some of the stuff makes it hard to believe it's set in the 1900s, though.

majormaple

Sep 6, 2010
I agree with everyone who said this looked suspiciously scripted. As a game it looks awesome, but as a gameplay video it was hard to tell which were in-game (unplayable) cuts, and where you might actually be in control of Felix. Too much freedom would undermine the narrative structure the game explicitly employs, but being forced by queues and unplayable cuts to follow that narrative strictly will imbalance the videogame scale towards 'storytelling', rather than 'interactive'. Just my 2p.

MasterChief892039

Jun 28, 2010
That looks fucking amazing. And for those saying it's too scripted to be gameplay, well, it's the first trailer to come out, they're probably just out to showcase the visuals.... which look stunning.

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
I have to admit that I was skeptical at first with Bioshock leaving Rapture as its setting but I really want to play this now. It looks fantastic.

Samsont

Jun 11, 2009
So when a guy is trying to kill you, and he obviously has friends, DON'T LOWER YOUR GUN WHEN YOU ENTER THE BAR! It still looks good though, but what would happen if you didn't take the gun from the politicion?