Trailers: Duke Nukem Forever Reveal Trailer

Hugo Artenis Rune

Mar 19, 2009
rebus_forever said:
I hope my girlfriend sees the funny side of this game or I imagine shes gonna think a whole lot less of me.
Yeah I know what you mean. I just showed the trailer to my partner - who I've been with for 8 years (we have two children together) and when she looked at me I was jumping up and down with excitement.

I've never seen a look that says "oh shit i'm living with a moron" so well.

But stuff her, I was playing Duke when it first came out so to be honest I've had a relationship with Duke for longer than I've had with my mrs.

Nuff said. Welcome back Duke!

Sep 14, 2009
jesus piss we have some fanboys in here..it loosk good but wow some of you guys sound exactly like the halo/cod fanboys that you insist are frat nubs...

anyways

OT: the trailer was pretty cool, those lines...they need some help, but overall not bad, if i have extra cash, i might pick it up.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
OMG i do not like shooters (mostly because i suck at them) but I am so getting this one. Nice to see a game not taking itself serious.

Love the trailer since it does take the piss out of the 12 year long wait.

roostuf

Dec 29, 2009
"Damn i'll still hit that!"

thats good old fashioned duke for you, hail to the king baby, hail.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
The egregious amount of pixelation on this trailer is definitively a good sign.

The vehicle sections paying a visit from mid 2004... not so much.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
misterprickly said:
It better not SUCK!

Or be "multi-play focused". -_-
I would be very surprised if there isn't multiplayer, because there was a huge crowd back in the day that played multiplayer Duke Nukem.

Back then, I always heard stories from my dad about playing Nukem at work with his buddies. They made their own maps and played just about everyday. I use to dream about working at a place like where my dad works (a naval base), where I could mess around and play games at work on a computer and not get in trouble.

When Nukem became dated, they moved on to Unreal Tournament.

Anyway, this game has been in the works long enough that it should have both awesome single and multiplayer.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Slycne said:
This will always be Duke Nukem for me.
Oh the memories. I use to play them a lot as a kid, I had all three, though I can't remember if I beat them all because the only thing I can remember is one of the final boss battles. A bald guy in a chair with a rocket burner on the bottom.

Chronologist

Feb 28, 2010
Screw the hype, this actually looks like it will be AWESOME, which is more than I can say for most recent games not made by Bioware or Bethesda. Now, if only there was a part where Duke shot a "funny little robot" from Borderlands in the head, then I'd be sold.

legion431

Mar 14, 2010
It's awesome, but now we have to wait for Jack Thompson to ***** about it and get him out of the way. I can see this may get very bad in Australia, but I'm definitely getting it.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
I'm guessing trailers are supposed to censor nudity, even though we say we're mature. The pissing scene should stay censored (or at least skippable), though.

Elexia

Dec 24, 2008
When my brother played the first Duke Nukems on the family computer, I watched over his shoulder and enjoyed every minute of them. In fact, my early gaming experiences was a lot of watching. Now I am sure as hell going to get this game and play the hell out of it. I love FPS games and FPS games with a sense of humour and kicking aliens in the balls can only be more awesome.

Keesor

Aug 10, 2009
I cant see I'm gonna have to pause the game often to roflmao or get use to reloading my sorry giggling ass off. :p

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
LeeshaJoy said:
Not really my cup of tea, but it looks like it has the potential to be one of those "so bad it's good" titles. :)
That's exactly what the Duke Nukem game are. They focus more on fun than any kind of realism or anything else. They are designed entirely on one liners and manliness.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Holy hell, that hilarious and awesome at the same time. I loved all those jabs and that uppercut at the end pointing out the 12 fucking years it's taken.

Sixcess said:
That looks a lot better than the previous footage we've seen of this game legend.

Looking forward to this, though got to wonder how it's going to play to the CoD/Halo crowd who don't remember Duke 3D.
Dude, are you kidding? They'll love it. Boobs and explosions are right up their alley.